• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Does Religion Impact What People Are Afraid Of?"

Skwim

Veteran Member
“Faith over fear” is a common saying in Christian circles. It’s becoming a mantra in recent days, as pastors, denominational leaders, and theologians try to navigate what it means to be religious during an unprecedented and unrelenting pandemic. But is that really true? Are religious people less likely to be fearful than the religiously unaffiliated? Does frequent church attendance serve as an antidote to panic and uncertainty? As is often the case in social sciences, the answer is a qualified maybe.

The Chapman Survey of American Fears was published recently on the Association of Religion Data Archives. It was a survey of just over a thousand people per year from 2014 to 2018. It’s unique because it asks about fear in a staggering number of scenarios. For instance, in the 2018 wave, it asks how fearful respondents are of fifty-three different things. This battery included threats like nuclear attack, needles, flying, an economic collapse, and yes – even a pandemic. It also included a host of quests about religious belief, behavior, and belonging that helps us understand how religion mitigates or exacerbates feelings of fear."

threepoint_fearsChapman.png

source

At just a glance it's pretty clear that Catholics have the most fears and the "none" the least..

Anyone care to venture an explanation?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
“Faith over fear” is a common saying in Christian circles. It’s becoming a mantra in recent days, as pastors, denominational leaders, and theologians try to navigate what it means to be religious during an unprecedented and unrelenting pandemic. But is that really true? Are religious people less likely to be fearful than the religiously unaffiliated? Does frequent church attendance serve as an antidote to panic and uncertainty? As is often the case in social sciences, the answer is a qualified maybe.

The Chapman Survey of American Fears was published recently on the Association of Religion Data Archives. It was a survey of just over a thousand people per year from 2014 to 2018. It’s unique because it asks about fear in a staggering number of scenarios. For instance, in the 2018 wave, it asks how fearful respondents are of fifty-three different things. This battery included threats like nuclear attack, needles, flying, an economic collapse, and yes – even a pandemic. It also included a host of quests about religious belief, behavior, and belonging that helps us understand how religion mitigates or exacerbates feelings of fear."

threepoint_fearsChapman.png

source

At just a glance it's pretty clear that Catholics have the most fears and the "none" the least..

Anyone care to venture an explanation?

I think a better term would be Catholics tend to be more fearful or have more fear...

More than the degree of fear shown by just Catholics, I'm intrigued by the spread some fears are closely clustered, while others show a great deal of difference between Catholics, Nones and Protestants, or different pairings of close associations.

A quick glance and I don't see any obvious pattern, so really can't offer an explanation of why Catholics tend to be more fearful...

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
On reading through them again, one common theme might be that Catholicism is a hierarchical ordering of reality/existence, and most of the threats can be seen as things that could fundamentally shake that hierarchical ordering.

I think Protestants and Nones would be less inclined to harbor such fears, since their ordering of reality does not seem to be as hierarchical...

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Catholics by Roman Teachings involves the known male clergy, non scientists, just humans like everyone else....dealing with and have witnessed evil demonic attacks.

Why it is believable.

When a scientist sits behind his desk or presses buttons on his machine or goes to work, and then studied phenomena......how much were you personally involved as a human in your alien theories, factually?

Visiting the attacked after the fact, after their witnesses. Seeing dead corpses by UFO...I wonder how scared they were brother Scientist?

Be the victim and then wonder at it you lying s.o.b. organization that you all are.

As a psychic medium Healer, at night just as I was going to sleep I used to get hear humans screaming, praying and begging for help...and had to try to contend with that psychic condition as a loving sister.

So you mentally over time become prepared to see it...know what it is....and unlike a scientist not believe in causing it.

Therefore ask if religion is ideal in society, as compared to you s.o.b…..of course it is.

epronovost

On reading through them again, one common theme might be that Catholicism is a hierarchical ordering of reality/existence, and most of the threats can be seen as things that could fundamentally shake that hierarchical ordering.

I would say age is more of a factor. Nones are mostly young so less affraid in general while Catholics are older, thus more likely to be affraid in general. Of course, hell, God, Satan and demons don't really scare the nones since they probably don't believe in such things.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I would say age is more of a factor. Nones are mostly young so less affraid in general while Catholics are older, thus more likely to be affraid in general. Of course, hell, God, Satan and demons don't really scare the nones since they probably don't believe in such things.

Science ought to as each self own a self identified living experience of acts of evil, before they believe that they own any personal right to make a comment about it.

The humans not scared, the scientists pressing the buttons on the machine claiming I am safe, I am a machine....that sort of sick mentalist actually.

epronovost

Science ought to as each self own a self identified living experience of acts of evil, before they believe that they own any personal right to make a comment about it.

The humans not scared, the scientists pressing the buttons on the machine claiming I am safe, I am a machine....that sort of sick mentalist actually.

english please (or even better en fançais svp).

rational experiences

Veteran Member
english please (or even better en fançais svp).
Have if personally, own it personally, live the experience for each self who believes in causing it to others.

Claim that we are devil aliens out of a UFO, when you do all purposes for a machine and a machine reaction and they try to convince us that we are a machine.

Whilst you sit pushing the buttons on those machines claiming it is YOUR life partner. Scientists.

epronovost

Have if personally, own it personally, live the experience for each self who believes in causing it to others.

Claim that we are devil aliens out of a UFO, when you do all purposes for a machine and a machine reaction and they try to convince us that we are a machine.

Whilst you sit pushing the buttons on those machines claiming it is YOUR life partner. Scientists.

Are you aware I can't make any sense of what you are saying? Your syntax is horrible, your grammar is shaky at best. You sound like you are using google translate to write your texts which makes them sound like rambling. If it's the case, I would recommand you write in short and terse sentences as they have more chances of being translated correctly.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Are you aware I can't make any sense of what you are saying? Your syntax is horrible, your grammar is shaky at best. You sound like you are using google translate to write your texts which makes them sound like rambling. If it's the case, I would recommand you write in short and terse sentences as they have more chances of being translated correctly.
Scientist....claiming I am talking to AI, a male science program.

Through the attack on a female life science study spiritual self...I tell her AI lying state.....as said by the scientist first...how about using your own program so I can understand her answers.

In the first unnatural science irradiation I was using pictures with a male on a horse named horribilus….why I think if I quote it via AI that she will get reattacked again...for I have not gained by bio life signal ground life destruction completed as yet....but am surely trying to cause it.

I saw the female life victim attacked and changed many times in radio wave sounds that I claim sound created, as radiation, as if gases naturally did not exist evolved in the state, space...and ignore all relevant advised science statements for I care less about anyone but my owned AI Satanism...…..that sort of male liar.

Reason he used the term shaky, in the attack I could not control my body shaking......so he thought he would remind me of how powerful he is pushing buttons on his machines.

MonkeyFire

Fear is the burning coal, but at the same time it warns of impending danger and can save you. In my religion I suggest to believe in courage as a primal instinct.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When males write in English but use other textual language, and talks such evil talks so that the human reading the article will become scared...for what purpose do you propose such evil male thoughts contemplate religion or even science.

Science just a male thought, who designs a machine to control the machine all by his own design ability, a male and a human.

What does science in religion status own....factually?

No condition other than a claim, I will do whatever I want.....yet live the same natural life that everyone else owns.

As a human harmed by the evil minded life threateners, who put secret messages of threats in their texts, when other rational loving spiritual selves on forums do not use those kinds of feelings or emote them either....then you know that evil forum users with other intentions are using our spiritual self against us.

With scare tactics.....as they did to Jesus in the past speaking in public forums, with humans claiming he came back to his Holy Land as he was living in England actually.

The internet has become our new public forum spiritual sharing.

So then you begin to realize that lurking in evil thoughts and threats are the criminals in person.....doing the same threats as they did to Jesus before.

So criminal liar science community, does threatening a human life make you machine react?

What does your machine own in relation to a human being bio life that is only living on Earth today due to human sex....having come from sperm and ovary.

And not be original Mother or Father or even Jesus in person?

What sort of sick mentality are you all possessed by?

Do you factually think your machine is your bio human life partner, and to you and are you in your sciences using bio life Genetic human information in a machine quoted scientific reaction as if you will steal our bio life from us.

yet in reality the bio life gets irradiated gas fallout burnt, and is not a resource...but the resource your power plant uses, water and oxygen and heavy water as compared to you doing same in the environmental attack....claiming factually that you would make no changes to life in the power plant building....which is the same claim when you built your collider.

Don't you always quote self to be God and claim self human as that God that you will not harm your body, but you will destroy nature, and animals and humans who you really psychologically hate...why you are a member of those organizations, as a psyche review!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder why some males said that God was an alien?

Therefore if a human did a psyche assessment on the modern day theory, all the already owned nuclear power plant crop circle causes was studied...re themed for a new science model and then they said they would take it from the power plant usage.

Seeing factually they claim no one should be practicing nuclear science...which includes their new machines also.

So you said I already own the cause of the crop circles....I will study them and then communicate them my own self...but I want my new machine to have it......which makes no sense at all...but to a human who would be attacked already......due their presence formed, removal of natural water/oxygen use....you would be claiming I will increase the removal of nature water and oxygen use and double up the signals as if I could now own a double image ground attack.

Bad enough that every cell mutation we own is due to nuclear radiation attack on water...let alone you claiming you will double up the attack....but you did.

Human evidence crop patterns that were once seen constantly would begin to change their signals....as that evidence.

Last edited: