• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does 'prakriti' disappear??

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We can create a God, if needed, with any qualities we want, but there's no requirement to do so and, of course, it will be transcended as we progress spiritually.

Shantanu

We can create a God, if needed, with any qualities we want, but there's no requirement to do so and, of course, it will be transcended as we progress spiritually.
I needed help to confront the evil that hit me in humanity and found that help from God who was there already and I did not create Him.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, from a Vedantic point of view, our waking-state world is just another abstract construction, created in our own heads, like the similar REM dream state. I can dream a unicorn in REM state, and I can dream a teakettle -- or a God -- in waking state. Both are different cognitive levels of Matrix-like fantasy.

We're all living in a dream, and dreams create their own realities. If you've created a benevolent God for yourself, good for you. I hope It helps.

Shantanu

Well, from a Vedantic point of view, our waking-state world is just another abstract construction, created in our own heads, like the similar REM dream state. I can dream a unicorn in REM state, and I can dream a teakettle -- or a God -- in waking state. Both are different cognitive levels of Matrix-like fantasy.

We're all living in a dream, and dreams create their own realities. If you've created a benevolent God for yourself, good for you. I hope It helps.
That is classical Brahmanism as I call it and I must stress that there is an alternative strand of Vedanta.:)

ajay0

Namaste,

I have a question, not sure if it qualifies to be a Vedanta question, nevertheless it is more attuned to philosophy than not...

They say, nothing in nature disappears... that energy/matter only changes form from one state to another, but essentially 'stays there' in some form eventually...

So, when we talk about prakriti - the ego of the individual self -- the 'maya' and we say 'the wise have conquered their ego', their maya, what does that imply?

Does that mean maya in them has changed state to some other form? Or has it disappeared (which cannot be as per laws of nature)?

Thanks.

Pure consciousness or Awareness is the natural state of man. It is the psychological content of cravings and aversions that disturbs the equanimity of mind and makes it agitated, leading to the veiling of Awareness or Brahman.

This is Krishna stated thus in the Gita, 'Equanimity of mind is yoga'.

It is the agitated mind, due to cravings and aversions, raga-dvesha, that is maya actually.

When this agitation ceases through equanimity of mind by practice and detachment, the Self or Awareness shines through, just as the bottom of a calm lake is visible and clear.

The wise having conquered their ego, their maya, implies that they have attained equanimity of mind, or stilling of the mind of its oscillations of cravings and aversions permanently.

The enlightened one is in a state of effortless Awareness or No-mind perpetually, without any mental agitations to upset this equanimity.