• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does nature speak to you about God?

Does nature speak to you more eloquently than the Bible does?

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I find that nature preaches to me more eloquent sermons about God than the Bible ever will.

Anyone else feel this way?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think there is more than one 'Nature' to learn from. I am a Bible-head, so I can study the nature created in the Torah. I can learn from the experience of people who went before me with their successes and mistakes. I can also learn from History, from modern music, from people I know. All of this is spiritual learning. There are some things in the natural world to learn from like watching the ocean, but most of the lessons of nature seem to be that I am very tiny and fortunate and can die at any moment.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."

Anne Frank

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."

Anne Frank

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe it was Maimonides that wrote that even if one wasn't at all familiar with a belief in God they could derive that there had to be Something that created all that which we see around us.

Dantedeven

Nature is the Divine, always.
So yes for nature to give you religious experiences, is only natural.
Sometimes you wonder, what will i do?
And then the wonder is shown to you.