• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Money Buy Happiness?

Pah

Uber all member
Lightkeeper said:
Why, would you not be happier with more money?

If that's for me - the comfort would come from the appreciation of luxuries but the happiness is internal

Bob

Ceridwen018

The way I see it, it's not about how much money you have ( a lot or a little), but about what your priorities are and how you let those priorities affect you in everyday life.

I have friends whose families keep a tight budget, but they are some of the happiest people I know because for them money doesn't matter. For them, love and family come first.

Using myself as an example, I come from a pretty well-off family who is instead lacking in love and support.

For me, love, family and good friends hold the coveted #1 spot on my priority list. I feel like I've learned the hard way that money most certainly does not buy happiness, but in most cases does just the opposite. Putting things into perspective, starvation is not my idea of a good time, so I realize that a certain amount of money is absolutely necessary :), but once the bare necessities are taken care of, I'd rather hoard wild flowers. (they're prettier)

Lightkeeper

Henrietta wants to get in on this one. She says Ceridwen is eggsactly right.Henrietta never puts all of her eggs in one basket.

Attachments

• Henrietta.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 64

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I agree with everyone that money doesn't buy happiness. But I would personally, at this point in my life, rather be out of debt, and on another continent with a greencard in my hand lol. That requires money I don't have. Would I love to win lotto? Bloody oath! Would I keep it all and buy expensive things and act like a rich wanker if I did? No. I'd share the wealth, and probably be back to where I am now within 10 years or less lol. Up until the last year or so, I've deliberately not made a big deal out of money: if I had it, I had it; if I didn't, I didn't. I've seen what constantly worrying about money (or lack of it), can do to people. This is probably the first time in my life I've actually stressed about my finances. But I am basically happy, and I don't think money would make me happier. I have a plan for improving my finances, and I have no problems doing it the hard way lol. I'll probably appreciate it more anyway.