• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does justice exist? Prove it!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Can we scientifically prove that justice exists? How would you prove that?

Can science verify what is and is not loving and compassionate? (For instance, Trump's ban on immigration could be interpreted as ugly hatred. However, if he does indeed keep a threat out of America, that could be the loving compassionate thing for the people who would rather not be living around what they perceive to be a threat to the liberties, faith, lack of faith, ethics, women's equality, or virtues and morals they cherish.)

I'm assuming very intelligent educated scientists from Nazi Germany, Soviet Union, or North Korea, would have a very different idea on average than Scientists in America about what love, compassion, and justice really are. How do we determine who is right? So, if it can't be proven scientifically, where do you turn?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
We could turn to the Bible, but the Bible contains different messages depending on what book and verse you're reading. it is very common for the Bible to lead people to opposite beliefs and opinions.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I think deep down everyone comes to know right from wrong by self and other examination.

I do not think justice is a natural force in existence.

If anybody desires peace and prosperity they are going to have to reckon with justice truth. The only way you can have a quality civilization, and a worthy way of life is to try and get along with other people somehow, and establish laws of conscience.

If you remove the need for conscience then anything goes, and chaos and war result.

Justice is really a measure of charity that is more a heart issue. If people lose all sense of charity towards others, then love goes right out the door, and society becomes corrupt. Violence, and crime rise.

There is no way around dealing with the concept of justice. And my conviction is that you cant have justice without love of others.

I do not think people are naturally inclined to be just. Prosperity, and peace demand tolerance at the very least. And without equal rights for all then we are left with dictators, and despots.

Survival demands justice, and justice is equal human rights for all. Any other kind of a society then that is a nightmare.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
First step of a scientific test for justice would be an agreed definition of what constitutes justice.
Do you have one?