• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Jesus become ruler over the created world (The God of this world)

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus’ Heavenly Father is like our grandfather. Yahweh was the name of the nature god of Mt Sini adopted by the Israelites during their stay there.

I believe that is totally false except for the location. Moses who was an Israelite heard God for the First time there but since that God relates the history of the people of Israel to Moses s he can write it down then one must expect when He speaks of God he is speaking of Himself unless he refers specifically to the local Canaanite god El.

Muffled

Jesus in me
According to Revelation He gets to rule over the remainder of mankind leftover after Armageddon with an iron rod for a finite period.

I believe that is only partially true. Some of the remainder will not make it into the Kingdom of God and some who have died in battle will. I believe it is finite but the text does not mention the fact.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I believe that is only partially true. Some of the remainder will not make it into the Kingdom of God and some who have died in battle will. I believe it is finite but the text does not mention the fact.
Ok, if I understand you, after the first battle (Rev 19:21), the righteous who were not slain and those who were, reign with Christ for a thousand years in the Kingdom of God. Rev 20:4

Then those who survive Armageddon and who are not raptured must multiply during the thousand years to form the nations that Satan deceives after he is released, ie. the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. Rev 20:8

74x12

Trinity claims that it was Jesus who created the world (earth) and everything in it. Yet the scriptures says that it was Yahweh who created it and all within it - in fact, Yahweh says that his people should worship Him, and Him, alone - one God (as opposed to pagan worship which is worship of many Gods).

But if Jesus created everything then why is he not called ‘Father’ (which means: ‘He that brings into being; he that brings forth; he that gives life; the head) and yet nowhere in scriptures does it say that Jesus is the ruler of the world; the Father.

So, it is interesting that scriptures says that, at the end of time, Jesus BECOMES the Eternal Father of those whom he gives eternal life to after the judgements.

But if we are to believe the trinity view that Jesus is one part of a tri-part ‘GOD’ - and GOD is Spirit and rules a GREATER infinite kingdom (Heaven) than the limited physical kingdom of earth - how is it that one part of the tri-part co-equal, co-powerful, co-everything GOD becomes ruler (God) over its/his own creation without the other two parts - and indeed become a LESSER ruler than his present rulership as God of all things?

Maybe you sgould ask yourslef how the "Almighty" took to himself great power and reigned? (Rev 11:17) Because if he is truly almighty then he shouldn't have any power left to take! But he did because he was manifest in the frailty of human form and so it was in the weakness of human form that he took this power. Not for his own sake but for our own sake. So that being like as we are he could reign over all those who would oppose or accuse us. In this capacity he could be our Savior. Accomplishing what we could not and putting all our enemies under his own feet for our sakes. So that he could say he was indeed the Lord of the living and the dead. The One who could wash us and redeem us in his own blood.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ok, if I understand you, after the first battle (Rev 19:21), the righteous who were not slain and those who were, reign with Christ for a thousand years in the Kingdom of God. Rev 20:4

Then those who survive Armageddon and who are not raptured must multiply during the thousand years to form the nations that Satan deceives after he is released, ie. the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. Rev 20:8

I believe during those thousand years missionaries are sent to preach the gospel again to those who missed out on eternal life with a testimony of how great eternal life is. I believe I will be one of those missionaries.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I believe during those thousand years missionaries are sent to preach the gospel again to those who missed out on eternal life with a testimony of how great eternal life is. I believe I will be one of those missionaries.
Thank you for your response Muffled, I trust your faith will bear fruit. :praying:

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
If Jesus is Almighty God, and The Father is Almighty God, how does Jesus separately become ruler over creation - creation that he is supposed to have created separately as God from the Father who is also that same God?

And then, what did the Father do as Jesus was creating everything?

And what is the meaning / definition of the word, ‘Father’ ?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Is it possible for posters to ask and answer question pertaining to the question in the OP rather than veering off on their own topic… if someone one has a topic they want to discuss or debate, it’s easy enough to create a post for that topic and discuss it in that thread.

It seems to me that the veering off is purposely designed to avoid the topic at hand… in this case, to avoid agreeing that Jesus becomes ‘God/Ruler’ over creation at the end of time and as such cannot be ‘GOD’ over all things NOW!!

And that, in being GRANTED BY GOD, his FATHER, to be that ruler over creation, ‘GOD, HIS GOD’, was the one that CREATED ALL THINGS FOR HIM.

Otherwise, if ‘GOD IS THREE PERSONS’ and is a wholly United Three with a single Will, HOW could ONE of the wholly United single willed three SEPARATELY create all things BY HIMSELF without the other two wholly United SINGLE WILLED pair?

Is that not an incomprehensible conundrum?

For what reason then did ‘GOD’ create the world and all there is within?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
If Jesus is Almighty God, and The Father is Almighty God, how does Jesus separately become ruler over creation - creation that he is supposed to have created separately as God from the Father who is also that same God?

Jesus is not God, but God is Jesus. Everything that exists comes through and from God, but God does not come through and from all that exists. Hence the metaphor of Father and Son, a son implies being a derivative of/from a father, a son can't be the progenitor of his father. In the context of Jesus saying the Father and I are one, this is a metaphor for describing the fact that Jesus realized the God created every aspect of himself, he did not create him self, hence to God the Father goes all the glory, not that Jesus saying 'the Father and I are one' was implying he was God, rather he was implying God was the son.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe those would be the ones who having another chance to accept Jesus and receive eternal life but choose not to but rather to listen to the devil.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe they are one and can't be separated.

I believe Jesus only gets credit for creation by dint of the Spirit of God in Him.

I believe Jesus uses the term to refer to God outside of the body of Jesus and to refer to the Yahweh that was there before Jesus came into existence, and in reference to Him as the creator of the body of Jesus