1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Does it matter?

Discussion in 'Scriptural Debates' started by Scrooge, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576
    Religion:
    Christian
    I didn't say it was the first.

2. Daisies4me

Daisies4me Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Religion:
    JW
    (quote)

hi Scrooge

I hope this finds you well.

Very happy to know that my first impression was in error--and thankful that we are in agreement that there is no 'lie' in the Scriptures. :)

could you look at this translation, and give your thoughts on how this translation stands by comparison?

Romans 5:1 Therefore, now that we have been declared righteous as a result of faith, let us enjoy peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we also have obtained access by faith into this undeserved kindness in which we now stand; and let us rejoice, based on hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only that, but let us rejoice while in tribulations, since we know that tribulation produces endurance; 4 endurance, in turn, an approved condition; the approved condition, in turn, hope, 5 and the hope does not lead to disappointment; because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy spirit, which was given to us.

IMHO, it flows quite well and conveys the complete thought quite nicely. What do you think?

thanks for your consideration . I look forward to your insight.

(quote)

3. djhwoodwerks

djhwoodwerks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +776
    Religion:
    Christian
    Nope, not even your "nice flowing" NWT is correct, according to Scrooge.

4. djhwoodwerks

Ratings:
    +776
    Religion:
    Christian
    I know that witnesses believe, and teach, that the verses you reference for the time when the "faithful are rewarded" are referring to the 144,000 elite of the Jehovah's witnesses only, not for any and everyone. Only your elite are rewarded, the rank and file witnesses are just getting a place on the paradise earth to be subjects in the kingdom, no more, no rewards.

It's only the 144,000 who are under the New Covenant.
    It's only the 144,000 who are children of God.

The rank and file witnesses are just like the foreigners in the old testament, they weren't part of the nation of God, but they were accepted by their association with the nation. The rank and file witness is only accepted by God because they associate with the 144,000.

5. djhwoodwerks

Ratings:
    +776
    Religion:
    Christian
    Matthew 24:30 (ESV Strong's) Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The sign of the Son of man will APPEAR in heaven and all the tribes of the earth will SEE the Son of man coming, but they imply "invisibility"?

6. Daisies4me

Daisies4me Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Religion:
    JW

7. djhwoodwerks

Ratings:
    +776
    Religion:
    Christian
    All you are referring to is the 7 men that claim to be that slave, what about the rest of the 144,000 that are anointed children, brothers of Jesus and have the heavenly hope?

8. Daisies4me

Daisies4me Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Religion:
    JW
    (quote)

Hi Missmay

I hope this finds you well and in peace.
    As with so many things, IMHO, follow the MONEY and desire for POWER over people....I remember it being said over a half century ago, that 'religion is a snare and a racket', and I don't think that has changed much since then... lol

any form of 'religion' (of which there are many) that would present itself as having God's favor , and yet not adhering to the Scriptures (like James 1:27, for example) would 'from the standpoint of our God' definitely be 'a snare and a racket', was the opinion of the statement, imho.

peace
    (quote)

9. Daisies4me

Daisies4me Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Religion:
    JW
    (quote)
    Hi
    Apparently you have misunderstood the explanation. Please read it again, and look up the cited scriptures, and see how they answer your questions.
    When in doubt, always go to the Holy Writings from God, is my best advice on the matter.

take care

(quote)