• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does it bother you that people don't believe in God?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Lately I've noticed some hatred of atheists. For religions that preach love, isn't that just a tad hypocritical?
:) the oposite of my OP nice :)
You know, the reason for my OP is not to bugg atheists i dont mind you guys anymore, my reason for my OP was one member who seem to not want to even hear comments from religious people.
If my OP is hypocrisy so be it.

I asked him the question in his own answer in a different OP, but he refuse to answer it.
My hope was he would answer in my own OP. So no i dont mind non believers

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
:) the oposite of my OP nice :)
You know, the reason for my OP is not to bugg atheists i dont mind you guys anymore, my reason for my OP was one member who seem to not want to even hear comments from religious people.
If my OP is hypocrisy so be it.

I asked him the question in his own answer in a different OP, but he refuse to answer it.
My hope was he would answer in my own OP. So no i dont mind non believers

Why would you assume I'm an atheist? (You guys?)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Lately I've noticed some hatred of atheists. For religions that preach love, isn't that just a tad hypocritical?
Yes... it would be hypocritical.

In a Christian understanding, God loves atheists too because Jesus also died for them out of love.

exchemist

Veteran Member
No it doesn't bother me. In fact I sometimes feel quite atheistic myself. For me, religious faith comes and goes. I expect it is the same with quite a lot of people, actually.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If you are not my apologize for my comment, the reason i said so was because of the way you wrote your OP

I wrote the OP because of the tendency for some folks to not realise there is an opposite view for their opening post. I see too much of the atheist/theist debate for my comfort. It polarises humanity, much like the polarisation we see in US politics. In my view, humanity should work together and posts like yours, (and mine) tend to encourage the 'us versus them' mentality so prevalent in today's world.

Yes, I'm a strong theist, but I also see atheists as part of humanty with as many rights and privileges of anyone else.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Nope, lack of belief doesn't bother me in the least bit. What bothers me is when someone tells me that my Belief is wrong, immature, or that my belief somehow makes me ignorant of science.

I don't mind so much being told I'm wrong, but I'll consider the source too. If it comes to action though, like some form of discrimination, then I'd take exception.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

No, because my religion doesn't preach just love. Some non-religious people are not honest about their own world view and that it is subjective in part.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I wrote the OP because of the tendency for some folks to not realise there is an opposite view for their opening post. I see too much of the atheist/theist debate for my comfort. It polarises humanity, much like the polarisation we see in US politics. In my view, humanity should work together and posts like yours, (and mine) tend to encourage the 'us versus them' mentality so prevalent in today's world.

Yes, I'm a strong theist, but I also see atheists as part of humainty with as many rights and privileges of anyone else.
I think those who hold a religious belief should be able to do so, just as those who do not hold a religious belief should be able to too, what has surprised me with that one person that caused me to make my OP is that he does not listen at all to what religious people tell him, he only find fault in anything told to him.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think those who hold a religious belief should be able to do so, just as those who do not hold a religious belief should be able to too, what has surprised me with that one person that caused me to make my OP is that he does not listen at all to what religion people tell him, he only find fault in anything told to him.

And no doubt he doesn't think you're listening to him. I rest my case.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Must we do this? Must every religious debate OP be met with an equal and opposite one?

Be a little creative, folks.

I don't respect all humans. I accept them as humans and try to treat them as that. But I in effect refuse to accept in attempt of what ends up as Objective Authority from non-religious people. I know, I should do that as much to some religious people and I don't. I will give you that.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
And no doubt he doesn't think you're listening to him. I rest my case.

I try to listen to them. I have done so for a long time. I used to be an atheist for over 30 years. I have no problem with atheism. I have a problem with some non-religious people, but not all.

In effect some of them demand evidence where there is none. Including for their in effect beliefs in naturalism.