• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Islam have to have a caliph/caliphate?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
How do you believe good Muslims would go about establishing a caliphate?

Sorry, I don't know the criteria of a good Muslim for sure. Establishing a caliphate is a great responsibility that has to be considered so very carefully, and I say this out of logical thinking only. For now, I think a good Muslim is a Muslim who is a good human. No good human burns another alive and never repent for good.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Caliphate is the hidden concept in sunni community, since sunni is the community that suppose to accept prophet tradition (hadith).
Khilafah is the divine leadership since it merely bases on Quran and hadith. DO you see any muslims community led by a figure that base on proper islamic teaching, including in treating the islamic enemies?

I am sorry. I can't answer your question in any way. Not in a thread that is in a Islamic DIR.

I am no Muslim.

today muslims have no such that figure.the recent muslim nations rely on either monarchy, democracy, nationalism or secularism.
caliphate or khilafah or what ever we entitle it prefer pure islamic fundamentalist teaching over the undivine systems such as democracy, monarchy and so on.

You are welcome to bring the matter to one of the debate areas if you want to.

sufi62

Sufi with Sunni beliefs and practices
ISIS are not true Muslims because they kill other Muslims, and also they try to force conversions, both of which violate the Qur'an.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Why do ISIS kill other muslims, because didn't Abu Bakr and Ali also kill other muslims?

Maybe in wars and out of desperation, not because they wanted to. If a Muslim charges at another Muslim to kill them, the target Muslim has the right to defend themselves even if it requires killing.

Necessities have their different rules and we are humans. There are many things in Islam that can be done out of necessity like not fasting or not performing Hajj for a good excuse.

If a Muslim misses a day fasting, killing them would be a crime and a great sin.

use_your_brain

Maybe in wars and out of desperation, not because they wanted to. If a Muslim charges at another Muslim to kill them, the target Muslim has the right to defend themselves even if it requires killing.

Necessities have their different rules and we are humans. There are many things in Islam that can be done out of necessity like not fasting or not performing Hajj for a good excuse.

If a Muslim misses a day fasting, killing them would be a crime and a great sin.
yes it is the accepted answer, they are in war situation, muslims in the conflict area are getting killed by their enemies. Therefore, if they don't kill their enemies then they would be get killed first. The fact is, many muslims strive to come to Syria to join ISIS, are they not afraid of getting killed by ISIS?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
yes it is the accepted answer, they are in war situation, muslims in the conflict area are getting killed by their enemies. Therefore, if they don't kill their enemies then they would be get killed first. The fact is, many muslims strive to come to Syria to join ISIS, are they not afraid of getting killed by ISIS?

Hmm, I think it is because I S I S started the killing, that many Muslims don't approve of them. I heard they kill Muslims just for skipping a day fasting or for deciding to leave I S I S, is that true? Kinda like the Jordanian pilot they burned alive and he was just a hopeless and harmless prisoner. He was a hostage, not someone charging at them to kill them.

use_your_brain

Hmm, I think it is because I S I S started the killing, that many Muslims don't approve of them. I heard they kill Muslims just for skipping a day fasting or for deciding to leave I S I S, is that true? Kinda like the Jordanian pilot they burned alive and he was just a hopeless and harmless prisoner. He was a hostage, not someone charging at them to kill them.

Why don't the muslims approve ISIS?
The Jordan pilot burnt the muslims alive also, he was the one who started the killing first before getting retaliation.
Abu Bakr also killed the muslims who denied to pay the zakat.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Why don't the muslims approve ISIS?
The Jordan pilot burnt the muslims alive also, he was the one who started the killing first before getting retaliation.
Abu Bakr also killed the muslims who denied to pay the zakat.

Muslims not approving of them have their own information that the above details are false too or at least there are explanations for it.

I don't say they are not Muslims, I just believe they are wrong. That's just my opinion.

use_your_brain

Muslims not approving of them have their own information that the above details are false too or at least there are explanations for it.

I don't say they are not Muslims, I just believe they are wrong. That's just my opinion.

Why don't muslims approve ISIS?
Why do you believe ISIS are wrong?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Why don't muslims approve ISIS?
Why do you believe ISIS are wrong?

It's too much to talk about really and I don't feel like it at the moment. Not to mention it would be off-topic and a debate subject which are a possible violations of the rules. You can start a new thread about it and will get better results.