• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Islam agree with Psychiatry and Psychology on schizophrenia?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Frankly, I disagree. People stay on medications because that is the healthiest thing for them to do. People with chronic depression are most likely never going to get "better" although there has been some promising research using psilocybin with long-term, chronic, depression.

Although I do believe Islam has a better cure for most mental illnesses, this topic is about schizophrenia and whether or not Islam agrees with Psychiatry and Psychology on it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, that is also rubbish. Mental illness does not exist because it is labelled as such.

The label and cultural framework behind it, plays an effect on both how society deals with people with the illness and people with the illness deal with it.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It seems to me that your core values are different than mine and some of the posters in this thread:

I value:
- reliable, reproducible evidence
- logical and critical thinking
- data (which is - by definition - objective and immutable)
- the joy of discovery

These are values that people who believe in science hold.

From reading your posts, you appear to value:
- scripture
- faith without evidence

You appear not to value logic and critical thinking when they conflict with scripture.

==

In my experience, that puts us at an impasse. Those of us who value logic cannot use logic in our discussions with you.

You think, but you don't.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
All those who you told to distrust their 6th sense to the extent they take meds to stop their brain from experiencing higher experiences that require more brain power.
There is no 6th sense, and I never discussed it with my clients. And keep in mind, all but 1 or 2 of my clients have been Christian. A few of them very deeply so.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Although I do believe Islam has a better cure for most mental illnesses, this topic is about schizophrenia and whether or not Islam agrees with Psychiatry and Psychology on it.
Its more accurate to say you don't agree with mental health care. You don't like it. You are the one whi has a problem with it, because many Muslims do not and Islam says nothing against it. Dont forget, during Islams Golden Years they advanced healthcare some. They werent afraid if knowledge ir learning or discovery then.

Ponder This

I'm going to say it doesn't. As some of you know my style, sometimes I write an OP in detail, and sometimes I wait for responses before showing evidence from my viewpoint.

Before I bring proof from Quran and hadiths that there is no agreement between Islam and the medical stance today, I will let people weigh in their thoughts.

Perhaps, it is worth noting that psychology (and psychiatry) do not have explanations for the cause of schizophrenia. The medications exist because they are known to reduce certain symptoms of schizophrenia: a symptom management approach.

So if there is information about the causes of schizophrenia or information about how to handle schizophrenia, that would be of great value and importance.
It's not clear to me that Islam disagrees that psychology does not have an explanation for the causes of schizophrenia. Don't they both agree that psychology doesn't have an explanation for the causes?
However, perhaps Islam claims to have an explanation and psychology does not agree with that explanation?
Perhaps they disagree on how to handle schizophrenia? And perhaps psychology has not proven that an Islamic method works?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Perhaps, it is worth noting that psychology (and psychiatry) do not have explanations for the cause of schizophrenia. The medications exist because they are known to reduce certain symptoms of schizophrenia: a symptom management approach.

They have some sort of model that is most likely true to an extent. The stress vulnerability model makes sense and accounts for it. However, genetics may have less role then appears, and it's almost all psychological.

I been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorders, and have nothing but love for Psychiatrists and Psychologists. They do their best to heal their patients.

The problem is something bigger then that. We need to unite on truth if we are going to address mental illness.

For example, it maybe impossible to get off medications for life, but if we believe in the 6th sense, perhaps a better solution then completely shutting it off is putting a very little amount of the brain blocked for life, just enough to manage with 6th sense without it going haywire, but also with high risk high reward sort of type.

The problem is society has given reign to Atheistic theories. Psychologist start with naturalism type evolution and that is their foundation. They see some emotions and ways of being like shame and fear to be harmful for humans over all with some little good usage.

Islam agrees that fear and shame is harmful if we let them cause us to despair and don't balance it with hope in God's compassion. But it also distinguishes the stage before the peaceful set at rest stage of a human where they are tranquil, with a hard stage which is known as the self-blaming soul.

The self-blaming soul stage, I've lived, and still live and only coming sort of to tranquility now, almost my whole life. Being hard on yourself is not easy.

Yet, why I thrive despite the illness or through the illness depending on how you look at it, is because I am hard on myself despite everyone's advice not to be.

I thrive because I'm ashamed of losing control of mind from the onset of the illness and every bit of madness that lingers in me still.

I am ashamed of having lost the trust of reason and sanity over and over again, by being playful with my mind and mental health.

They tell me it's not my fault, but I reject it. Mostly, I am ashamed I didn't in time of perils be patient and hold on to God's handhold, and fought the devils with the sword of God and didn't show reliance on God and resolution and perseverance.

I am also bipolar both manic ends of it, depressive and super charged on top of the world type, and I know how to control going to either extreme now.

I also have had ADHD but I've killed that playful monkey in me, and know how to concentrate and make things interesting that appear not interesting to me.

I'm still playful too much and need to always keep myself from doing stupid things, but, I don't believe in permanent curses.

With patience and help of God, we can take from every curse the blessings and remove it's harms.

ADHD - You got to take life as one big video game and just enjoy learning and pretend it's all fun and games, till, in that process you read Quran and nothing is fun and games anymore, and you are that hero in the video game, and life is no longer games. But on the onset, you got to make things interesting by calling it somewhat of a game.

I am not speaking about mental health in a vacuum. I've been under psychologists for years. I've been under Psychiatrist for years.

To me it's sad that even with spectrum theory, they don't see that we just have taken a skill - a spiritual strength- into extremes. We don't need to cut off our 6th sense, we need to balance it. We don't need to be told not to believe in magic or telepathy or spiritual nature of all things or whatever they think is weird even though most humans till now believe in this stuff, as part of the illness.

Also obsession over religion is fine, as long as we balance it with life goals and work to earn a living, and become productive.

Another thing which Psychiatrist and Psychologist can't achieve alone, is we humans got to figure out the right religion and unite on it for this reason as well.

The reason is because men from humans seeking refuge in men from Jinn or females from Jinn or whatever combination, is recipe for madness. On the other hand, if we take refuge in God's perfect words and beautiful names brought to life, the exalted chosen ones of our time, the family of the reminder of our time, the house God permitted to be risen and his name remembered there in of our time..... we by taking refuge in that, will be safeguarded from madness and God makes adoring and beautiful in the vision of those who look to those stars in the sky of this world through the door to that sky in this world.

Imam Mahdi is not just a theory, but his recognition is needed for cure for people with my illness. Without recognizing the true guide in the journey and the holy spirit from God that guides and is weapon against the devils and opens gateway to his family - Mohammad Ali Fatima Hassan Hussain and the Imams from Hussain, as weapons and ways of refuge and ascension and guidance and light and beauty and connecting great signs of God, and arrows against the dark magic, and healing light and power against the dark sorcery on the hearts, then there is no real cure.

The thing with mental health you have the physical side, which, needs medication. You have psychological, which sometimes psychology does help. But you have the spiritual side of it, and this is the component that the psychology and psychiatry almost destroy. Medications make dark impulses too strong with little reward system into spirituality and seeks to do away with the 6th sense. Psychology condemns everything that feels bad and makes us unhappy, even though spiritually, we need to go through sorrow and sadness of the self-accusing soul to reach the serene tranquil soul stage.

Together, they are a recipe to lose faith in God and the unseen worlds, and to cling to the shadowy lowly earth.

I know Psychologists and Psychiatrists don't mean harm. In theory a Psychologist suppose to work with the belief system of the patient, but it doesn't really happen. They may try, but it doesn't happen.

Psychiatrist just want us to function well from their perspective, and they can do wonders, but only from the viewpoint that this world is it. If we keep in mind God and the higher worlds, then, what they do is a disaster.

This is the dialogue we ought to have. A middle ground can be to keep medications for life again, but, once they stabilize, to give them as much as possible the best of both worlds. Very low amount blocking a very low amount of receptors, just enough to not go haywire, but not enough to prevent 6th sense.

I love my Psychiatrist and Psychologist but at the end of the day, they are part of the curse idol in this world, a tool of Satan, to lead astray and to blind people from reality.

I love Khamanei but at the same time I'm against Taqlid and don't believe in the version of Islam he advocates.

Try to understand I've been under mental health system for 19 years. I also have aside from their outsider perspective, the insider perspective of these curses I BEEN DIAGONOSED WITH ADHD - BIPOLAR - DEPRESSION AND HIGH MANIA AND MADNESS/POSSESSION/SCHIZOPHRENIA ALL UNDER A TERM SCHIZOEFFECTIVE DISORDERS (NOT EVERYONE WITH THAT TERM HAS ALL THOSE, BUT I HAVE ALL OF THEM DIAGNOSED ON ME).

19 YEARS. 19 YEARS. I love mental health workers, I love them, trust me, they are most caring people.

But they are a tool of Satan. Just like Christian Church has sincere trinitarians but they are fools who don't understand. It's the same.

They are sincere, but are lead astray and lead astray.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thoughtful feedback as always. What specific part of my post to you take exception to? I'm simply noticing what the OP said.

Evidence - is circumstantial either way. It works from an Atheistic perspective as well as God perspective, it works possession or illness of the mind perspective, they all work with the stats.

The reasoning we use to choose one side or the other, it's not to the stats or scientific data, it's due to the leap of faith we take.

I'm 100% sure of this, though it took me a long time to see this. So this becomes no longer a scientific question, although, scientifically, the amount of people talking about telepathy, 6th sense, 3rd eye, alternate realities, etc, is too much to dismiss as just mind going ill in my view.

Also the fact majority of people with this illness are extremely religious or spiritual, suggests, it's that spiritual skill gone haywire or not controlled properly or demons interfering and attacking the being once they open themselves to the spiritual world, while genetics wise and psychological wise, it would be equal to Atheists and Theists alike.

Also - rationally, the mind is a tool, we aren't our own enemies, so our mind is our enemy, it makes more sense like almost all illnesses that there is outer attack to the interior health of the being.

To me, I could not heal, and do well in school, till I saw it as attacks from dark forces and that I had a way to fight back.

Placebo can be seen either way. You can say I'm placebo and people tend to better when they see as just a brain illness or chemical imbalance.

From my experience more people commit suicide with my illness than people who actually thrive and heal. So whatever the case is the medicine and approach is still not working.

And between suicide and thriving like me, is undignified life and lonely life, most live, forgotten, shunned, abandoned, lonely and in psychological inner pain that most people with the illness face.

And then there is great amount who spend most of their lives just in bed, without will power to do anything.

Psychiatry and psychology as is, is not doing wonders for this illness at all.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Evidence - is circumstantial either way. It works from an Atheistic perspective as well as God perspective, it works possession or illness of the mind perspective, they all work with the stats.

The reasoning we use to choose one side or the other, it's not to the stats or scientific data, it's due to the leap of faith we take.

I'm 100% sure of this, though it took me a long time to see this. So this becomes no longer a scientific question, although, scientifically, the amount of people talking about telepathy, 6th sense, 3rd eye, alternate realities, etc, is too much to dismiss as just mind going ill in my view.

Also the fact majority of people with this illness are extremely religious or spiritual, suggests, it's that spiritual skill gone haywire or not controlled properly or demons interfering and attacking the being once they open themselves to the spiritual world, while genetics wise and psychological wise, it would be equal to Atheists and Theists alike.

Also - rationally, the mind is a tool, we aren't our own enemies, so our mind is our enemy, it makes more sense like almost all illnesses that there is outer attack to the interior health of the being.

To me, I could not heal, and do well in school, till I saw it as attacks from dark forces and that I had a way to fight back.

Placebo can be seen either way. You can say I'm placebo and people tend to better when they see as just a brain illness or chemical imbalance.

From my experience more people commit suicide with my illness than people who actually thrive and heal. So whatever the case is the medicine and approach is still not working.

And between suicide and thriving like me, is undignified life and lonely life, most live, forgotten, shunned, abandoned, lonely and in psychological inner pain that most people with the illness face.

And then there is great amount who spend most of their lives just in bed, without will power to do anything.

Psychiatry and psychology as is, is not doing wonders for this illness at all.

We'll have to agree to disagree on most of what you just said.

peace

Ponder This

They have some sort of model that is most likely true to an extent. The stress vulnerability model makes sense and accounts for it. However, genetics may have less role then appears, and it's almost all psychological.

I been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorders, and have nothing but love for Psychiatrists and Psychologists. They do their best to heal their patients.

The problem is something bigger then that. We need to unite on truth if we are going to address mental illness.

For example, it maybe impossible to get off medications for life, but if we believe in the 6th sense, perhaps a better solution then completely shutting it off is putting a very little amount of the brain blocked for life, just enough to manage with 6th sense without it going haywire, but also with high risk high reward sort of type.

The problem is society has given reign to Atheistic theories. Psychologist start with naturalism type evolution and that is their foundation. They see some emotions and ways of being like shame and fear to be harmful for humans over all with some little good usage.

Islam agrees that fear and shame is harmful if we let them cause us to despair and don't balance it with hope in God's compassion. But it also distinguishes the stage before the peaceful set at rest stage of a human where they are tranquil, with a hard stage which is known as the self-blaming soul.

The self-blaming soul stage, I've lived, and still live and only coming sort of to tranquility now, almost my whole life. Being hard on yourself is not easy.

Yet, why I thrive despite the illness or through the illness depending on how you look at it, is because I am hard on myself despite everyone's advice not to be.

I thrive because I'm ashamed of losing control of mind from the onset of the illness and every bit of madness that lingers in me still.

I am ashamed of having lost the trust of reason and sanity over and over again, by being playful with my mind and mental health.

They tell me it's not my fault, but I reject it. Mostly, I am ashamed I didn't in time of perils be patient and hold on to God's handhold, and fought the devils with the sword of God and didn't show reliance on God and resolution and perseverance.

I am also bipolar both manic ends of it, depressive and super charged on top of the world type, and I know how to control going to either extreme now.

I also have had ADHD but I've killed that playful monkey in me, and know how to concentrate and make things interesting that appear not interesting to me.

I'm still playful too much and need to always keep myself from doing stupid things, but, I don't believe in permanent curses.

With patience and help of God, we can take from every curse the blessings and remove it's harms.

ADHD - You got to take life as one big video game and just enjoy learning and pretend it's all fun and games, till, in that process you read Quran and nothing is fun and games anymore, and you are that hero in the video game, and life is no longer games. But on the onset, you got to make things interesting by calling it somewhat of a game.

I am not speaking about mental health in a vacuum. I've been under psychologists for years. I've been under Psychiatrist for years.

To me it's sad that even with spectrum theory, they don't see that we just have taken a skill - a spiritual strength- into extremes. We don't need to cut off our 6th sense, we need to balance it. We don't need to be told not to believe in magic or telepathy or spiritual nature of all things or whatever they think is weird even though most humans till now believe in this stuff, as part of the illness.

Also obsession over religion is fine, as long as we balance it with life goals and work to earn a living, and become productive.

Another thing which Psychiatrist and Psychologist can't achieve alone, is we humans got to figure out the right religion and unite on it for this reason as well.

The reason is because men from humans seeking refuge in men from Jinn or females from Jinn or whatever combination, is recipe for madness. On the other hand, if we take refuge in God's perfect words and beautiful names brought to life, the exalted chosen ones of our time, the family of the reminder of our time, the house God permitted to be risen and his name remembered there in of our time..... we by taking refuge in that, will be safeguarded from madness and God makes adoring and beautiful in the vision of those who look to those stars in the sky of this world through the door to that sky in this world.

Imam Mahdi is not just a theory, but his recognition is needed for cure for people with my illness. Without recognizing the true guide in the journey and the holy spirit from God that guides and is weapon against the devils and opens gateway to his family - Mohammad Ali Fatima Hassan Hussain and the Imams from Hussain, as weapons and ways of refuge and ascension and guidance and light and beauty and connecting great signs of God, and arrows against the dark magic, and healing light and power against the dark sorcery on the hearts, then there is no real cure.

The thing with mental health you have the physical side, which, needs medication. You have psychological, which sometimes psychology does help. But you have the spiritual side of it, and this is the component that the psychology and psychiatry almost destroy. Medications make dark impulses too strong with little reward system into spirituality and seeks to do away with the 6th sense. Psychology condemns everything that feels bad and makes us unhappy, even though spiritually, we need to go through sorrow and sadness of the self-accusing soul to reach the serene tranquil soul stage.

Together, they are a recipe to lose faith in God and the unseen worlds, and to cling to the shadowy lowly earth.

I know Psychologists and Psychiatrists don't mean harm. In theory a Psychologist suppose to work with the belief system of the patient, but it doesn't really happen. They may try, but it doesn't happen.

Psychiatrist just want us to function well from their perspective, and they can do wonders, but only from the viewpoint that this world is it. If we keep in mind God and the higher worlds, then, what they do is a disaster.

This is the dialogue we ought to have. A middle ground can be to keep medications for life again, but, once they stabilize, to give them as much as possible the best of both worlds. Very low amount blocking a very low amount of receptors, just enough to not go haywire, but not enough to prevent 6th sense.

I love my Psychiatrist and Psychologist but at the end of the day, they are part of the curse idol in this world, a tool of Satan, to lead astray and to blind people from reality.

I love Khamanei but at the same time I'm against Taqlid and don't believe in the version of Islam he advocates.

Try to understand I've been under mental health system for 19 years. I also have aside from their outsider perspective, the insider perspective of these curses I BEEN DIAGONOSED WITH ADHD - BIPOLAR - DEPRESSION AND HIGH MANIA AND MADNESS/POSSESSION/SCHIZOPHRENIA ALL UNDER A TERM SCHIZOEFFECTIVE DISORDERS (NOT EVERYONE WITH THAT TERM HAS ALL THOSE, BUT I HAVE ALL OF THEM DIAGNOSED ON ME).

19 YEARS. 19 YEARS. I love mental health workers, I love them, trust me, they are most caring people.

But they are a tool of Satan. Just like Christian Church has sincere trinitarians but they are fools who don't understand. It's the same.

They are sincere, but lead astray and lead astray.

It's great to hear about the progress you've made in overcoming ADHD and bipolar.
I think you made some good points about the importance of developing a spiritual life.
And I agree that all sorts of emotions are important experiences for us that assist us in developing our spiritual awareness.

Personally, I know what it is like to experience profound sadness for no apparent (non-spiritual) reason. And the perception that emotions are bad is not helpful, whereas the perception of the spiritual is very helpful.

I am skeptical that psychologists/psychiatrists are tools of Satan, but I can't speak to the authenticity of their intentions or to the devotion of their souls (God is Aware).
It does seem to me that a neglect of the spiritual is harmful to the well-being of society. And I look forward to more developments in psychology and psychiatry on the importance of the spiritual to personal well-being.

Are they (psychologist/psychiatrist) ruled by an atheist perspective? - as long as they aren't anti-theist (or anti-spiritual) - If they are pushing an anti-theist agenda, then they likely shouldn't be in the business of purporting to help people with mental disorders. Just saying.
And pushing a theist agenda isn't helpful either. Because a person in this sort of work needs to be able to truly understand the internal mental state of other human beings. And that's interrupted by a fixation on pushing an agenda onto others.

When you create obstacles in your life in the form of other people, then you ascribe to them evil.
But you may be right.

And the solution is... the joy we experience in the revelation of the spiritual and of the divine.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The problem is what it means to be human and guidance for humanity is the main purpose of religion and guidance and books from God. That is the essential conflict I'm seeing. We choose to trust humans for guidance or trust God. I chose the latter, and I've seen people perish from the former.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Quran says "those who believe the hidden..." and says "And what will make you know what the illiyin (high spiritual realms) are? A book numbered. Witnessed by those who are close (to God)." And said "Had you certain knowledge, you would have seen the hell." And said "God is the light of the skies and earth....he guides to his light who he pleases..." and said "we indeed have shown the signs to a people who are certain" and said "do you dispute what he saw, indeed he saw of the great signs of his Lord".

And said "And if we were to open them a gate to heavens, they (the stubborn disbelievers) would have gone astray ascending. They would have said our sights are intoxicated nay rather we are people who are enchanted" and then said: "And indeed we put in the sky of this world stars (of guidance) and made adoring in the sights of those who gaze (upon them). And made it (the sky) a safeguard from every rebellious devil. Except who steals a hearing, then follows him a manifest torch (light)"

And said "I swear by the station of the stars" and said regarding miracles, every people have a guide who does such, and to ask the family of the reminder for such miracles at all times and to seek the family of the reminder for guidance be none of them in the open just as Mohammad (s) would have sought if he was ignorant and was in doubt, he would sought those who recited the book before him, the family of Moses and Aaron, and if they were false, then a different family of the reminder would be true on earth, indeed God verifies the truth with his words and annuls the falsehood of the sorcery and propaganda of the oppressors.

And the day of judgment is the day when there is no room for denial, when the hidden is manifest beyond doubt, but the sign till that day is hidden to a degree even in the life after death till the day of resurrection.

And God's sustenance is hidden - power he sustains - is hidden, people who appreciate it and seek it, know it, while others deceive themselves they generate the power and say all they acquired is from their own skill and power.

Psychiatry and Psychology - sees the person as the summoner of their own will, while Islam, says clearly, God is the generator of power and brings in degrees of talent and skill power and energy in his servants to the measurement he wants.

And God even after servants despair of his help, brings down his mercy and revives spirits time and time again. But when he removes harms and afflictions - often - they turn away, equate evil with good, and seek that which is vain, after praying sincerely to him that if he removes their afflictions they would be sincere.

Or worse, he removes their afflictions, and gives them tranquility, and they become arrogant and began to plan against God's proofs and religion, and seek to oppose his guidance, and say all they acquired was through their own knowledge, becoming ungrateful for the guidance they got from God as well as the response to their prayers in the moments of peril.

Prayers are more like placebo effects - Psychology and Psychiatry - doesn't take to heart, that prayers are the weapons of believers against the dark magic and dark forces.

The 6th sense or 3rd eye, is a certainty, and prayers of the family of Taha and Yaseen, talk about traveling through the hidden worlds to God and seeing the glory and beauty of God or glories and beauties, and talk about 40 hues of light in the ascension of Mohammad (s) that he witnessed in the 4th sky by which all hues are created in through in this world.

Although, without action prayers don't do anything, it's not the case, that it's just intention and action that get the result.

God really responds and is reliable support. It's true belief in oneself is important, but only after delegating one's affair to God.

Belief in oneself without acknowledging God leads to arrogance and denial of the plight of the distressed in seeking refuge in God, and the comfort God is for every lonely stranger, and the support he is for every downcast loner.

Psychology sees it as a weakness to hold on to God while the educated and well off, don't need him. Islam on the other hand agrees somewhat, but sees it as a strength the oppressed and poor seek refuge in God while says that the rich are tried by their wealth, if they spend in God's way and help oppressed and poor and hungry and orphans, they will be blessed otherwise they will be cursed by it and are not honored but rather tried by their wealth.

Religion is the opium of the oppressed masses, but that is because God is the real reward beyond the temporary enjoyments, while, the oppressors enjoy their life of ease, only to perish as they ignore the plight of the oppressed and poor.

Their rulers spread mischief and oppress others, as a result, they benefit and are rich and live in ease, God put's them with their rulers and condemns them for not working and striving to be halt to the oppressors.

God will never support the oppressors nor those who support the troops of oppressors, and hell is forever for the oppressors, their supporters, and those who silently watch by and do nothing about it.

The believer is distressed till he finds some sort of way to help God's cause, and God helps who helps him, makes firm their feet and stabilizes them with the firm word of light brought to life from him, the Quran and Ahlulbayt (a) are that.

As religion and finding the true one is trivialized by society, we end up going to psychologists and psychiatrist for mental illness and solutions for it.

But 20% of humans have mental illness, it can't be that God's rope and guidance and book, left this unexplained.

Job (Ayub) himself was afflicted by Satan - and when he sought removal of his affliction and mercy from God, God told him you have water beneath your feet and drink from it and to take of the blessed tree a twig or stick and fight with it, and be patient and be resolved and be firm in the promises you make to God and yourself, and you will come out of afflictions.

God made Job face such afflictions that no one ever faced. While the book of Job makes it physical, the Quran to me, shows it was spiritual and mental by nature.

God cured him out of his illness and made him a reminder to all those who worship God, that when Iblis and his forces come at you, be patient, be patient, be patient, and fight with God's sword and shield yourself by his blessed water and things will be alright.

Do not go to people. Do not go to people.

God is the best helper and he is to be sought as the best reward and shield and his help to be sought.

Yonus - when swallowed by depression, and God took away his will power, turned to God and didn't let the whale swallow him when he blamed himself.

God made easy the way to resilience and mental and spiritual health if we rely on him and his rope.

Job also had his chosen Ahlulbayt with him and the likes of them, meaning, the past Ahlulbayts - appeared spiritually to him, and all helped him get through. They were with him in his afflictions.

The Ahlulbayt of our time will be there in our afflictions. Hold on to them, endure, be patient, whatever pain from Iblis and his forces, it will pass.

Whatever affliction, no matter how painful from the evil eyes - it will pass, and you will come out with tranquility and blessings and strength like never before you endure.

Thousands of afflictions result in thousands of blessings that last forever, and make firm our feet if we hold on to patience and courage.

God says hold on to Mohammad (s), believe in his family, recite the book that proves them and establishes their purity and authority, and you will see wonders.

God says do not look lustfully towards sex - be pious in that, and don't go chasing the vanities in this world nor adore yourself in the gaze at the cursed Medusa lest your heart be turned to stone, and God will make you see wonders.

In fact, the one who doesn't look towards lust and turns away from it, and from vain desires, is the one who God already manifest wonders of his majesty too.

The battle against Psychology and Psychiatry is not just a matter of personal preference, it's a battle between good and evil, sight and blindness, next world and this world, unseen reality vs material illusions.

The heart of goodness is love the kinsfolk (42:23) chosen by God and not to accuse the Prophet (s) of seeking a reward in that, but rather, he establishes their authority, their light, their majestic reputation and exalts their mention, in order that we take a path to God (25:57) and it's for our sake, and only and upon no one else but God to establish all this, and this reward people see Messengers seeking if they are false, happens to be the way to remember God and his light and the way to God, if they are true.

So yes they look like they want reputation, fame, glory, moral control, but all this is because in reality God's religion of submission to God is through his chosen ones who his peace is upon.

It's not for us to choose what we deem an authority on guidance be that society claims it's psychologist and proven by science, it's for God to choose the means to guidance, and for us to submit.

I don't know all the stats - psychiatrist and psychologist rely on, but I know, they are unreliable because they are fallible even if they are sincerely well intentioned in seeking truth.

The stats can be analyzed wrong, and alternate and even opposite frameworks with the stats are possible for all I know.

This over-emphasis on Academic authority, is gone haywire, with mental health. It's gone too far.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is a verse that says to Mohammad (s), if he can connect people with a sign by establishing a ladder to the sky or opening in the earth (metaphors to spiritually linking them), to do so, but in reality, the verses I quoted in the previous post, show connecting them would only result in further being lead astray and disbelief in the hidden world and thinking they are enchanted or intoxicated in sight.

On the other hand, Quran warns to not to refuge in Jinn - believing them to be Angels, and even went through detail, that Abraham had difficultly in discerning Angel from Devils, until, the Angels really manifest the good news with truth and same with Lot.

So this trial, is a trial. No devil can take form of a instance of a holy spirit. The form of the Prophet as a spirit from God and one of God's perfect words, cannot be taken by devils.

Quran talks about this distinction, and even shows, that holy spirit can make us perceive the Quran to be from God and the trustworthy spirit can be discern to be trusted, be it Gabriel or Michael both which are perfect instances of it, or Mohammad (s) who is the best form of the spirits from God. Ali (a) is also the greatest tiding like Mohammad (s). Mohammad's (s) family are all the straightest path.

While in the past, Prophets (a) and Guides (a) swerved left and right, and had to be brought back to the straight path and regain their light and be purified from their deviation, the Ahlulbayt (a) power and light, is something else, it's something higher and even Angels (a) powers were greatly augmented when Ahlulbayt (a) came to this world and took the place of the strongholds in the sky.

Soothsayers powers were greatly diminished, and the power of Iblis and his forces also took severe blows. The plan of God is only witnessed by those who are hidden from Iblis and his forces, and who Iblis and his forces cannot penetrate or if a believer is allowed to be attacked just to steal part of God's plan who is aware of part of it, quickly one of Ahlulbayt (a) or Angels (a) is sent against them, burn them, afflict them, and slice and dice them with clear proofs and lights.

This has made God's plans highly unpredictable. Soothsayers can still predict a lot, but can't account how God's plans will screw their plans, if believers fulfill their tasks with each affair and command from the leader of our time.

The problem is there is so few believers in fulfilling and striving in God's way, that, still despite all this, soothsayers plans and Iblis plans and Satanic forces are all coming about.

But there is time to change the tide of fate. One thing that must be halted, is the propaganda of mental health.

Homosexuality is condemned. Bisexuality is condemned. We humans got to not be under chaotic control of misguiding winds.

The heart of this is to believe in resilience and to be patient as a result. To fight, be patient, and rely on God.

This is what it means to be human.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just wish you didn't continuously confuse your weird pagan cult with Islam. It can confuse some people.

You just wish to keep Islam as the religion of idols it is today because you incline to the Dunya and want religion to boost your Satanic ego, blind leading the blind as it has been for centuries.

I speak frankly the truth no one wants to hear, but, must yet be spoken about.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also belief in the final world and next world, has to do with the spiritual nature of it. We have eyes that see this world, and we have eyes that see next. The Quran talked about people being heedless of the next world and warned not to die blind. It's God remembrance that brings vision after blindness, hearing after deafness, and God's remembrance has to be through his words and names brought to life, the unseen connectors to him.

Yazata

I'm not convinced that Islam speaks with one voice on these kinds of matters and my impression is that modern psychiatry exists in Muslim countries.

Here in the United States there are occasional people who call themselves Islamic or Muslim clinical psychologists. I don't know how prevalent that is and I don't think that these people reject conventional clinical psychology. (If they did, they probably couldn't get licensed.) What they do instead is try to introduce a spiritual element to their practice. I have no objection to that.

So all in all, I'm of the opinion that it's probably misleading to set up Islam in opposition to psychology, whether it's Muslims or atheists doing it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not convinced that Islam speaks with one voice on these kinds of matters and my impression is that modern psychiatry exists in Muslim countries.

Here in the United States there are occasional people who call themselves Islamic or Muslim psychiatrists. I don't know how prevalent that is and I don't think that these people reject conventional psychiatry. (If they did, they probably couldn't get licensed.) What they do instead is try to introduce a spiritual element to their practice.

So all in all, I'm of the opinion that it's probably misleading to set up Islam in opposition to psychiatry, whether it's Muslims or atheists doing it.

most Muslims have not understood Islam and like any people who books are revealed are not an authority on Quran.

I’m not an authority either but frankly I am presenting what people can go then read for themselves in Quran and hadiths.

This choice is life and death and heaven and hell choice.

Do you interpret Quran to verify the Taghut or reject the Taghut and believe in God and his guidance.