• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

does Hinduism provide that?

islam abduallah

hello every body.

i don't know anything about Hinduism, Just the name, but i found some comments of people here saying it's too spiritual believe

so, i'd like to ask in Hinduism, when your soul is close and there's a lot of troubles you are facing, and you really feel that no refuge and no way for your problems and troubles to be solved what you do?

when i'm facing that indeed i just pray to Allah and asking him to support me and not to let me alone in that trouble, maybe i cried but usually i feel better after that conversation and in many cases my requests were answered, could Hinduism provide that? or what you are doing ?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
so, i'd like to ask in Hinduism, when your soul is close and there's a lot of troubles you are facing, and you really feel that no refuge and no way for your problems and troubles to be solved what you do?

Pray. Pray to the form of God one feels close to: God as Krishna, or Shiva, or Ganesha, or Devi (female form of God known as Durga, Kali, Parameshwari, Lakshmi). S/he will help one way or another. There is only one God in the universe, no matter what you call Him (or Her). ;)

In Vaishnavism, which is a monotheistic denomination of Hinduism, we turn to God. We call God Vishnu, Narayana, Rama, or Krishna, (He has many names) and understand that ultimately He is the supreme controlling agent of the universe.

Although I try to see if I can remedy my personal situations. Krishna (God) is so loving and kind, but He also gives us the personal capacity to overcome situations.

Chapter 9 from the Gita is my favourite. You can listen to it in Arabic here, or you can download Gita here. Whenever I am sad, Chapter 9 tells me that Krishna, or God, is always there to guide me to the right path. :)

Hare Krishna!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Whenever I am sad, Chapter 9 tells me that Krishna, or God, is always there to guide me to the right path. :)

Hare Krishna!

"When disappointment stares me in the face and all alone I see not one ray of light, I go back to the Bhagavad Gita. I find a verse here and a verse there, and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming tragedies - and my life has been full of external tragedies - and if they have left no visible or indelible scar on me, I owe it all to the teaching of Bhagavad Gita." - Mahatma Gandhi

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Krishna (God) says, give up all varieties of religion and just surrender unto me. He also emphasises that we are not the 'doers' or controllers of action.

If I am in a difficult situation and feel very stressed or scared, I remember Krishna, I pray to him and I say something like: "I am in your hands. Whatever you wish for me, so be it". It is a surrendering to God and it takes away the fear.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
"When disappointment stares me in the face and all alone I see not one ray of light, I go back to the Bhagavad Gita. I find a verse here and a verse there, and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming tragedies - and my life has been full of external tragedies - and if they have left no visible or indelible scar on me, I owe it all to the teaching of Bhagavad Gita." - Mahatma Gandhi

That really resonates with me. I feel the same way. That's why my religious title is Bhagavad Gita. There's nothing more powerful and inspiring to me.

Satyamavejayanti

hello every body.

i don't know anything about Hinduism, Just the name, but i found some comments of people here saying it's too spiritual believe

when i'm facing that indeed i just pray to Allah and asking him to support me and not to let me alone in that trouble, maybe i cried but usually i feel better after that conversation and in many cases my requests were answered, could Hinduism provide that? or what you are doing ?

Prayer is a good thing like many have said, Hindus find Love in all Forms/Formless aspects of THE ONE.

I personally find that the basic concept about the soul (Atman) in Hinduism is enough to rid most major fears, like death, disappointment and desires, people who really understand the concept of Atman don't fear even death, so every other problem does not trouble the Yogis mind.
I believe that Hinduism generally advise on the prevention rather then the cure of all facts of life.

But i know sometimes things get a bit out of hand, me personally i will resort to the Gita or the Vedas not to find cures but to get advise so i can reflect on my actions and where i have gone wrong, or to re-strengthen my ideas about the Atman.

Hope this help,

OHM TATH SATH

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
hello every body.

Yes, we pray. We take deep breaths. We go for walks in nature. We seek out happy company. We also view all circumstances as temporal, fully knowing that this too shall pass. We also believe in reincarnation and karma, so that helps, because we know its our karma, and also we know we have plenty of chances.

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this wonderful quote!

"This Bhagavad-gita scripture is the bestower of all good. One who regularly studies it with devotion will attain to the holy abode of Lord Vishnu, the plane of freedom from all distrss, fear and sorrow."

-- Shri Gita Mahatmya, verse 1

"When a person suffering in this world of death discover the wisdom of the Gita and drink the nectar of the Gita, they take refuge in devotion for the Supreme Lord and become truly happy."

-- Shri Vaishnaviya-tantra-sara, verse 72

"The Supreme Lord said, O Partha, the Gita is My heart, the Gita is My supreme essence, and the Gita is the most powerful, imperishable knowledge of Me.

The Gita is My supreme place, the Gita is My supreme plane, the Gita is My most hidden treasure, the Gita is My supreme teacher.

I am present within the Gita, and the Gita is My supreme abode. I maintain the three worlds by the eternal wisdom of the Gita.

The Gita is My transcendental wisdom, My own Self, conveyed by every letter and comprised of eternally ineffable verses.
"

-- Shri Vaishnaviya-tantra-sara, verses 44-47

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That really resonates with me. I feel the same way. That's why my religious title is Bhagavad Gita. There's nothing more powerful and inspiring to me.

I particularly like 3.9 and 12.13-15

Me Myself

Back to my username
I general I worship Shiva, but I find Krishna to be a rock for my worst moments. I pray to both though.

:)

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
What will I say? I've seen the sufferings of beloved others in life - suffering of the worst kind and still ongoing and all I can do is PRAY EVERYDAY FOR THEM! I feel as if my hands are tied because I can only be a resource of limited help but I feel that my prayer/tapasya will definitely bear fruit some day - it has helped me out of my personal problems, so that has given me a lot of hope that my prayers for others will also start yielding results... I was not praying for these so-called beloved people up until recently - I used to call everyday, offer financial help and solutions and consolations, but just recently I took up to sincere and regular prayers for them - so I reassure myself that my prayers will start taking effect soon if I only remain regular with them and I continue..

islam abduallah

I general I worship Shiva, but I find Krishna to be a rock for my worst moments. I pray to both though.

:)

excuse my ignorance about Hinduism, but how many deities provided by Hinduism?

do you consider them all are gods "universe creator" or what? are all powered equally or someone is more powered than others

thanks for your patience.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

do you consider them all are gods "universe creator" or what? are all powered equally or someone is more powered than others

There is only one God in Hinduism but he takes many forms. Shiva and Krishna are two of those forms. By praying to any of these deities you are praying to the One.

islam abduallah

There is only one God in Hinduism but he takes many forms. Shiva and Krishna are two of those forms. By praying to any of these deities you are praying to the One.

what do you mean by different forms? like Trinity in Christianity? father, so and the holy spirit

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

You will get different answers from different Hindus. If you took Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, then called them Jerusalamism, or Abrahamism, it would be a way to see the vastness of Hinduism. So a question like this would be like asking Jews, Muslims, and Christians a question. You would expect different answers.

Hinduism has many deities, that's rather obvious. Some branches, particularly Smartism, see them as all different forms of the same God.

Other Hindus like me, see it as God, and Gods, so its sort of both. There is one Supreme God, and in my case its Siva, and then there are individual Gods, (Ganesha, Murugan and Hanuman might be examples) separate from Siva, assigned to do particular deeds, or jobs, if you will. So it would be like a CEO (Siva) who delegates out various tasks to well-qualified managers.

Creation, in Hinduism is more emanation. (Coming out of, formless into form) In a sense, because the universe is cyclic, there is no single creation time, just as there is no starting point on a circle.

So in essence, Hinduism has an very very different take on how the universe runs than western faiths. "East is east, and west is west, and ne'er the twain shall meet."

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
what do you mean by different forms? like Trinity in Christianity? father, so and the holy spirit

Not exactly like Christianity.
The idea is that God is infinite and is both personal and impersonal. The personal aspect of God has form. In fact he has infinite form. The universe is also one such manifestation.

People who worship Vishnu usually believe that Vishnu is the original and eternal form of God while Shiva worshipers usually believe that Shiva is the original and eternal form of God. It depends on interpretation. But all of these Hindus believe that Vishnu and Shiva are personal manifestations of the One God.