• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does hell smell of sulfur?

Ozzie

I looked up the meaning of brimstone. It is an old name for sulfur. If you believe in hell, do you believe it smells of sulfur (that would be hell indeed)?

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
Ozzie said:
I looked up the meaning of brimstone. It is an old name for sulfur. If you believe in hell, do you believe it smells of sulfur (that would be hell indeed)?

I believe it doesn't really matter.

Zephyr

Moved on
I kind of like sulfur...

But no, Hel will smell like...well...coldness. (I have a VERY poor sense of smell. Sulfur is one of the few things I can smell)

TehuTi

Ozzie said:

Hell Is Only A State Of One Mind It Doesn't Exist In The Real World .
Once The Body Is Dead ( It's Has NO FEELING ) , The Soul Does Not Burn , The Spirit Does Not Burn , So What's The Point Of Your Make Believe Hell ?

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
TehuTi said:
Hell Is Only A State Of One Mind It Doesn't Exist In The Real World .
Once The Body Is Dead ( It's Has NO FEELING ) , The Soul Does Not Burn , The Spirit Does Not Burn , So What's The Point Of Your Make Believe Hell ?

Just Curious, What Is The Point of Capitalizing Every Word???

TehuTi

Moon Woman said:
Just Curious, What Is The Point of Capitalizing Every Word???

It's A Habit . I Don't Really Think It's About Me Capitalizing Everyword . It About The Message They Can't Deal With , Because If I Were To Post What People Wanted / To Read / Accept / Believe , Capitalizing Every Word Would Never Come Up , It's Call Nick-Picking . Not Saying That's What Your Doing Not .

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
TehuTi said:
It's A Habit . I Don't Really Think It's About Me Capitalizing Everyword . It About The Message They Can't Deal With , Because If I Were To Post What People Wanted / To Read / Accept / Believe , Capitalizing Every Word Would Never Come Up , It's Call Nick-Picking . Not Saying That's What Your Doing Not .

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the others, but you might wish to note that the person who started the thread did not state that he believes in hell. I would venture to say that the majority of our members don't believe in a literal hell, so I imagine you're dealing with simple curiosity, not nit-picking.

When one of my great personal heroes of religion, Nightcrawler, teleports, the place supposedly smells of sulfur. I, therefore, vote 'no', because he's about the furthest thing from a devillish being that I could think of.

TehuTi

Feathers in Hair said:
I'm not sure if you're familiar with the others, but you might wish to note that the person who started the thread did not state that he believes in hell. I would venture to say that the majority of our members don't believe in a literal hell, so I imagine you're dealing with simple curiosity, not nit-picking.

When one of my great personal heroes of religion, Nightcrawler, teleports, the place supposedly smells of sulfur. I, therefore, vote 'no', because he's about the furthest thing from a devillish being that I could think of.

With All Do Respect Wasn't Even Nit-Picking Just Adding My Two Cents Like Everyone Else , Plus I Don't Go Around LQQking For Small Mistake Because I Don't Agree With People , Not Saysing The Sister Was Nit-Pick ing Which I Don't Think She Was , But Its A Few Here Who Are Nit-Picking Just To Side Step What The Post Was Speaking About . But Hey It NoBigThing Its To Be Expected .

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Ozzie said:

Hell is not a place, so no. You are right about the sulphur smell, though. Try spending any amount of time at the campsite by Myvatn in Iceland - the hot water that comes out of the taps absolutely reeks.

James

BruceDLimber

>Does hell smell of sulphur?

No.

Hell is the spiritual condition of separation from God, not a physical place.

Peace,

Bruce