• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God want us to pull our pants up?

Does God want people to pull their pants up?

• I'm guessing yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I'm guessing no

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I live with over 25 drug addicts and many sag their pants beneath their bum cheeks. It seems more common among drug users or dealers than sober folks.

Do you think God prefers people to pull their pants up or have an opinion about it?

Brinne

I imagine God is probably more concerned with how we tend to judge those based on their clothing rather than how they’re wearing their clothing.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God wants us all to go nekkid. This was his original design.

As for drug addicts and pants/trowsers; reasonable people dress for their situation. Soldiers in the field wear camo and body armor. I'd expect drug addicts to wear clothes that would minimize attention from police, and maximize their chances for flight/evasion.
Loose pants signal delinquincy, and will hinder flight. They might even fall down and hurl the wearer onto his face.

Loose pants are a poor choice for those likely to be pursued by police. But, of course, these people are all on drugs, so they're wont to make poor sartorial decisions.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I imagine God is probably more concerned with how we tend to judge those based on their clothing rather than how they’re wearing their clothing.
Im not judging them, I just find it a distraction seeing their fanny.

I'm just wondering if God judges people based on how they dress.

God killed a guy in the Old Testament for playing pickup up sticks on Saturday.

God also killed a guy for steadying the Ark of the covenant.

The God of Scripture is very judgemental.

I could totally see him having an opinion on people sagging their pants, because he says all kinds of silly things bother him in Scripture.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Unless they have an excuse for sagging their pants.

I'm talking about when it is done intentionally.

It just seems to me like practically everything that humans do that isn't perfect, offends Yahweh.

He seems to chronically look for things to get angry about that humans do.

He's all up in our business. If it offends him, he doesn't have to watch or listen.

Maybe he should mind his own business. I'll try and take my advice. :p

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hahahaha!!!! This idea is dear to my heart!! Ares almost never has his pants(or underwear) up and often runs around mooning people(unaware he's doing so). I think it stems from a sensory issue. My husband intentionally sags his pants; he says its more comfortable. I don't know if it is or not! I wear skirts/dresses often, or salwar kameez, which has pants, but they're different for the wear than most Western style pants.

I guess it would depend on which God!

Brinne

Im not judging them, I just find it a distraction seeing their fanny.

I'm just wondering if God judges people based on how they dress.

God killed a guy in the Old Testament for playing pickup up sticks on Saturday.

God also killed a guy for steadying the Ark of the covenant.

The God of Scripture is very judgemental.

I could totally see him having an opinion on people sagging their pants, because he says all kinds of silly things bother him in Scripture.

I never said you were judging them I was simply expressing my opinion on the topic :relaxed:.

I don’t think there’s anything necessarily divinely offensive about how someone wears their pants. Some people like the style while others just simply don’t have fitting pants.

Like any style one might dislike you don’t have to wear it, or can always look the other way.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Do you think God prefers people to pull their pants up or have an opinion about it?

I imagine Bhagavān likes dignity and self-respect in human beings. As a man of both, I don't walk about with my trousers hanging down. I once saw a man pulling up his trousers while walking in a parking lot. His significant other, who was walking behind him, rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm currently sagging my pants. They simply don't fit and I was too lazy to use a belt. Waaa! :(
Hahahaha!!!! This idea is dear to my heart!! Ares almost never has his pants(or underwear) up and often runs around mooning people(unaware he's doing so). I think it stems from a sensory issue. My husband intentionally sags his pants; he says its more comfortable. I don't know if it is or not! I wear skirts/dresses often, or salwar kameez, which has pants, but they're different for the wear than most Western style pants.

I guess it would depend on which God!
I never said you were judging them I was simply expressing my opinion on the topic :relaxed:.

I don’t think there’s anything necessarily divinely offensive about how someone wears their pants. Some people like the style while others just simply don’t have fitting pants.

Like any style one might dislike you don’t have to wear it, or can always look the other way.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I imagine Bhagavān likes dignity and self-respect in human beings. As a man of both, I don't walk about with my trousers hanging down. I once saw a man pulling up his trousers while walking in a parking lot. His significant other, who was walking behind him, rolled her eyes and shook her head.

I think one can still have dignity with their pants secured below their buttcheeks. I like what @Brinne said; its somewhat about style. I think we associate the style with thugs and addicts, but that isn't always accurate. My husband is a hard worker who takes care of his family, and is actually pretty morally conservative. One can't always tell what's on the inside by looking at the outside.

I'm currently sagging my pants. They simply don't fit and I was too lazy to use a belt. Waaa! :(

It okay! Sag happens. :)

Nimos

I live with over 25 drug addicts and many sag their pants beneath their bum cheeks. It seems more common among drug users or dealers than sober folks.

I think he would have made it a sin had it been a huge problem for him :D