• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God use a channel ?

Neuropteron

Hi,

Some religion claim that God uses their leaders as a channel by which information is passed on from Him to these men/women (for instance JW's).

My question is, is that a scriptural teaching ?
I am aware that in the past God (Jehovah) used prophets to instruct people of his will and convey his thoughts, but does he still do that today, or on the other hand is (for Christians) Jesus Christ our only teacher ?

Your comments are appriciated.

Suave

Simulated character
Hi,

Some religion claim that God uses their leaders as a channel by which information is passed on from Him to these men/women (for instance JW's).

I am aware that in the past God (Jehovah) used prophets to instruct people of his will and convey his thoughts, but does he still do that today, or on the other hand is (for Christians) Jesus Christ our only teacher ?

Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.

Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared + 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code Vladimir I. shCherbak, Maxim A. Makukov PII: S0019-1035(13)00079-1 DOI: Redirecting Reference: YICAR 10549 To appear in: Icarus Received Date: 26 June 2012 Revised Date: 31 January 2013 Accepted Date: 12 February 2013 Please cite this article as: V.I. shCherbak, M.A. Makukov, The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code, Icarus (2013), doi: https://earth-chronicles.ru/Publications_12/35/64182102-1-s2.0-s0019103513000791-main.pdf

https://earth-chronicles.ru/Publications_12/35/64182102-1-s2.0-s0019103513000791-main.pdf

The 3 main words (God, the heaven, the earth) in Hebrew have a gematria numeric value of 777 (111x7), ". which is divisible by 37.

The numeric value of the entire verse is 2701 which is divisible by 37.

We may now proceed to finding the number 37 interlaced in the first verse of the Bible. We can do this by discovering words or groups of words with number values evenly divisible by 37, e.g. the 3 main words (“God” + ”the heaven” + ”the earth” = 777 = 21x37), the 5 first words (“In the beginning” + “created” + “God” + “*” + “the heaven” = 1998 = 54x37), or the last two words separately (“and” = 407 = 11x37 and “the earth” = 296 = 8x37)

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

You shall have no other gods before the creator of the Heavens and Earth, life's Creator!

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Hi,

Whether God uses mediums or not, is not my call to make. I don't know and rather don't pretend to know about "God matters". I also don't like if people pretend to know what I (should) do; in a similar way I leave "God's business" to God.

God can do whatever He think is best at any given moment; to pin God down as to what He does (not) or can (not) do, seems not a smart thing to me, because life, the universe is a flux, constantly changing, it's not static.

So, this question, implying limits on God (God is (not) using mediums nowadays) seems not something, I should think about, I leave "God matters" to God, otherwise I easily commit blasphemy, which I rather stay away from.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
God knows best what God knows (and does, and needs to do), and I stick to my own business. I find it already difficult to know what I should do, it would be arrogance for me to claim to know what God does or does not (need to) do

I love that God guides me personal; this is much better than having to trust some other medium (and more intriguing, even more fun and for sure better for my Self confidence).

My own personal relationship with God is all I care about. I don't want any medium interference. We all can have a personal "relationship" with "God"

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Hi,

In a Christian view, when one receives Jesus Christ, God's Holy Spirit comes and takes resident in you becoming one with your own spirit. Thus, anyone can hear and speak on behalf of God.

The Word is the plumb-line to know whether what a person says is of God, their own personal desires or from some other source that is not of God.

But we don't call it "channeling".

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Whenever and wherever Jehovah had a group worshipping Him, He always used humans to lead them.

Even after Jesus’ death & resurrection, there were the Apostles, those “acting as a restraint” who were prophesied to be taken “out of the way”. — 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7

And after the death of the Apostles, ie., when they were “out of the way”, what happened? The apostasy grew stronger and, as expected, the worship of Jehovah waned. There were no leaders.

Only in the “final part of the days” would “true knowledge become abundant” again (Daniel 12) describing a ‘revival’ (of sorts) of Jehovah’s worship. And once again, Jehovah would use His tested & true way of leading His people as He had done in the past, using other humans.
Jesus’ prophecy of the “Last Days,” specifically Matthew 24:45-47, describes a “Faithful Slave” who would lead Jehovah’s people.

Bree

Hi,

It has always been the way of God to use a spokesperson.

God chose certain individuals to express his will to others. All the way back in the days before Noah we see certain individuals who were used to speak Gods word to the people. Enoch was one of the first prophets mentioned, he proclaimed a message to the people of Noahs day. Then through Noah God informed them of the coming deluge.

Later through Moses he led the children of Israel and gave them Gods laws and instructions. And this method of reaching out to mankind continued for thousands of years. The apostle Paul wrote at Heb 1:1 “God, who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things.”

Jesus as a spokesperson also appointed his apostles to be his spokesmen and to relay the message of the Kingdom to mankind and hence we have the christian scriptures....the written testimony and instructions handed down by the Apostles of Jesus.
And Jesus words show that someone would be used as a channel when foretelling the events of the 'last days' that were to come Matt 24:45
Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?+ 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so!+ 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings.

Now the real question is who is the one appointed today?

Jesus words show that the one appointed would need to fulfill some criteria.
1. They would need to be 'ready' for Christs return. Vs43
“But know one thing: If the householder had known in what watch* the thief was coming,+ he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into.+ 44 On this account, you too prove yourselves ready,+ because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hi,

My comment..

Actually it was the leaders themselves all along. God is essentially a ventriloquist dummy. A puppet.

Neuropteron

It has always been the way of God to use a spokesperson.

God chose certain individuals to express his will to others. All the way back in the days before Noah we see certain individuals who were used to speak Gods word to the people. Enoch was one of the first prophets mentioned, he proclaimed a message to the people of Noahs day. Then through Noah God informed them of the coming deluge.

Later through Moses he led the children of Israel and gave them Gods laws and instructions. And this method of reaching out to mankind continued for thousands of years. The apostle Paul wrote at Heb 1:1 “God, who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things.”

Jesus as a spokesperson also appointed his apostles to be his spokesmen and to relay the message of the Kingdom to mankind and hence we have the christian scriptures....the written testimony and instructions handed down by the Apostles of Jesus.
And Jesus words show that someone would be used as a channel when foretelling the events of the 'last days' that were to come Matt 24:45
Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?+ 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so!+ 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings.

Now the real question is who is the one appointed today?

Jesus words show that the one appointed would need to fulfill some criteria.
1. They would need to be 'ready' for Christs return. Vs43
“But know one thing: If the householder had known in what watch* the thief was coming,+ he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into.+ 44 On this account, you too prove yourselves ready,+ because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.

Thank you,
If I understand you correctly, that means that Christ is the spokesman/channel in our time.
"...no one comes to the father except through me"
in that case any "earthly" man or group of men/women, cannot claim to speack from God or be a "channel" to God.

Neuropteron

In a Christian view, when one receives Jesus Christ, God's Holy Spirit comes and takes resident in you become one with your own spirit. Thus, anyone can hear and speak on behalf of God.

The Word is the plumb-line to know whether what a person says is of God, their own personal desires or from some other source that is not of God.

But we don't call in "channeling".

Thank you

Neuropteron

Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.

Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared + 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code Vladimir I. shCherbak, Maxim A. Makukov PII: S0019-1035(13)00079-1 DOI: Redirecting Reference: YICAR 10549 To appear in: Icarus Received Date: 26 June 2012 Revised Date: 31 January 2013 Accepted Date: 12 February 2013 Please cite this article as: V.I. shCherbak, M.A. Makukov, The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code, Icarus (2013), doi: https://earth-chronicles.ru/Publications_12/35/64182102-1-s2.0-s0019103513000791-main.pdf

https://earth-chronicles.ru/Publications_12/35/64182102-1-s2.0-s0019103513000791-main.pdf

The 3 main words (God, the heaven, the earth) in Hebrew have a gematria numeric value of 777 (111x7), ". which is divisible by 37.

The numeric value of the entire verse is 2701 which is divisible by 37.

We may now proceed to finding the number 37 interlaced in the first verse of the Bible. We can do this by discovering words or groups of words with number values evenly divisible by 37, e.g. the 3 main words (“God” + ”the heaven” + ”the earth” = 777 = 21x37), the 5 first words (“In the beginning” + “created” + “God” + “*” + “the heaven” = 1998 = 54x37), or the last two words separately (“and” = 407 = 11x37 and “the earth” = 296 = 8x37)

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

You shall have no other gods before the creator of the Heavens and Earth, life's Creator!

Interesting, thank you

Bree

Thank you,
If I understand you correctly, that means that Christ is the spokesman/channel in our time.
"...no one comes to the father except through me"
in that case any "earthly" man or group of men/women, cannot claim to speack from God or be a "channel" to God.

well it means the Jesus Christ is the true path to God. No other religion or belief system is the way to know God. Jesus is Gods Messiah to mankind.

However, with Jesus being in heaven, it means there must be someone physical on earth in order for his direction to come thru.

He commissioned his 12 apostles to be the ones to provide that direction and with the establishment of christianity in the world, then those who take the lead are the channel. But with so many different christians, the task is to work out which of these christians are the ones that Jesus referred to as the 'faithful and discreet slave'

Obviously Jesus knew that not all christians would be 'faithful' or 'discreet'.... and don't we see evidence of that! there are christians who are absolutely not 'faithful' to Christs teachings. They prove themselves wicked by their wicked deeds.

Neuropteron

Whether God uses mediums or not, is not my call to make. I don't know and rather don't pretend to know about "God matters". I also don't like if people pretend to know what I (should) do; in a similar way I leave "God's business" to God.

God can do whatever He think is best at any given moment; to pin God down as to what He does (not) or can (not) do, seems not a smart thing to me, because life, the universe is a flux, constantly changing, it's not static.

So, this question, implying limits on God (God is (not) using mediums nowadays) seems not something, I should think about, I leave "God matters" to God, otherwise I easily commit blasphemy, which I rather stay away from.

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. It's true the universe is changing, but Jehovah in the Bible says that He (referring to his personallity) "does not change", but adapts his action according to circumstances as required, to fulfill his purpose.

I appriciate that you are careful not to commit blasphemy, but is being concerned about things that He reveals to us in his word not something God would want us to do ?

Neuropteron

[QUOTE="Bree, post: 7525023, member: 70021

However, with Jesus being in heaven, it means there must be someone physical on earth in order for his direction to come thru.

.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why I should believe that.
Is Christ less powerful in heaven than on earth and somehow not capable of managing his affair from that position ?

Certainly God used men and women in the past to convey his message and direct his people through prophets and leaders such as Moses, Joshua, David etc...
However if that were the case today should we not be able to point to specific texts explaining this hearthly leadership structure ?
Don't the scriptures point exclusively to one leader, Christ ?

Neuropteron

Whenever and wherever Jehovah had a group worshipping Him, He always used humans to lead them.

Jesus’ prophecy of the “Last Days,” specifically Matthew 24:45-47, describes a “Faithful Slave” who would lead Jehovah’s people.

Hi,
It's true that Jehovah used humans to reveal and to lead his people in the past.
But isn't it also true that Jesus now is our only leader and teacher ?

Matthew describes a type or class of people that would "feed" not "lead" since Christians would have only one leader Christ.
Any assumed leadership was to be exclusively by example not by making of policies and rules.

Thus this food would not be something of their own making and invention but would be something that Christ had already prepared.

Neuropteron

In a Christian view, when one receives Jesus Christ, God's Holy Spirit comes and takes resident in you become one with your own spirit. Thus, anyone can hear and speak on behalf of God.

But we don't call in "channeling".

Thank you

Neuropteron

But with so many different christians, the task is to work out which of these christians are the ones that Jesus referred to as the 'faithful and discreet slave'

Hi,

Why "must" there be someone (on earth) for his direction to come through.
Is Jesus not more powerful now being in heaven?
We already have all the direction we need in the Bible (2Tim 3), We don't need policies and rules from imperfect men, the only thing we need is to be made aware of Jesus's teachings from the scriptures.
In that way "the task" of working out who to follow is resolved.

By doing God's revealed will, we receive the blessing and the strenght to endure in faith.

Nowhere in the scriptures can I find any need to be gover'ned by men instead of exclusively following Christ.

Bird123

Hi,

God will never tell people what to do or what to choose either directly or through another person. That would defeat the purpose of God's system. I would question anyone who tells you God is telling you what to do. In reality, they do not speak for God. They speak for themselves.

On the other hand, since we are all creations of God, we all speak ,though indirectly, of who God really is.
Further, God sets the parameters of our lives. The people around us are there to help us learn and grow. One could say we are all speaking for God just by being who we really are.

Free will and free choice is an important part of God's system. Our path is ours to choose. The really remarkable thing is that, in time, all the paths lead to God.

Yes, it's Genius!! Intelligence exists far beyond that of mankind. I say: Perhaps it's time to lead instead of merely following. If you do, I say you will be much more accomplished in the end, probably happier too!! Never discount that which is special about you even if, at the moment you do not realize just what it is.

Hmmm?? What shall I choose to do?? It's going to be Glorious for no other reason than it's mine!! Yes, look at your feet. We are wearing the same shoes!!

God gave everyone a different view to guaranty mankind a larger view than any one person could have. I say we need to be giving our view to the world instead of a followed, copied view someone else might want to see. Be who you must!! It is a part of the plan!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
In a Christian view, when one receives Jesus Christ, God's Holy Spirit comes and takes resident in you becoming one with your own spirit. Thus, anyone can hear and speak on behalf of God.

But we don't call it "channeling".
I disagree. Christ commissioned his apostles specifically. It was they and their successors who spoke on God’s behalf.