• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God really love everybody?

Arrow

I have been borned and raised in a pool of Christianity, and i have always been taught that God loves everyone. Even when He is ordered the Isrealites to wage war and kill all the men, women, and children of another society. The big question i have though is does God still love Satan?

On a side note: Those of you who have not played the "crimson room" or the "viridian room" have got to google it and play it. It is one of the most frustrating things in my life right now.

ProfLogic

Arrow said:
I have been borned and raised in a pool of Christianity, and i have always been taught that God loves everyone. Even when He is ordered the Isrealites to wage war and kill all the men, women, and children of another society. The big question i have though is does God still love Satan?

On a side note: Those of you who have not played the "crimson room" or the "viridian room" have got to google it and play it. It is one of the most frustrating things in my life right now.

Yes it does since it is itself. They are one in the same god and satan.

It loving everybody is different, in the story of noah it selected noah and killed most of everything else. If this is love, I do not know what arrogance is.........If the story was true...

ProfLogic

Arrow said:
where did you come up with the idea that satan and God were one?

This is another way of thinking. What if it is just playing tricks on humanity. I have seen it before, it lets people fight among each other, like an instigator. Humans just need a little suggestion to become violent physically and mentally against each other. Just wait and see... on this post.

cardero

Citizen Mod
ProfLogic said:
This is another way of thinking. What if it is just playing tricks on humanity. I have seen it before, it lets people fight among each other, like an instigator. Humans just need a little suggestion to become violent physically and mentally against each other. Just wait and see... on this post.
You mean like an advocate?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Arrow said:

One of the basic tenets of Christianity (which just happens to be part of my signature), is "Love the sinner, hate the sin".

As a father, I may hate the fact that my son put a football through the window of our next door neighbour, but I still love my son..............

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Arrow said:

Just like when parents punish there children when they do something wrong, God punishes us when we disobey. It's ultimately to help us grow and mature just like when parents punish there kids to help them grow and mature. I'm sure you have seen kids that haven't been disciplined at all (we all have). They typically are uncontrollable and obnoxious. God doesn't want us to be like that.

jorylore

Arrow said:

God loves mankind. He proved this by sending his son to die for our sins. But as individuals we have to respond by being obedient to him. His love means that he can't forever tolerate evil. Satan is God's enemy. I would say it's safe to say that he does not love him.

robtex

Veteran Member
Todd said:
. They typically are uncontrollable and obnoxious. God doesn't want us to be like that.

Killing someone for being obnoxious is kinda extreme!!! Glad my parents didn't think like God. I would have never been an adult!!

ProfLogic

jorylore said:
God loves mankind. He proved this by sending his son to die for our sins. But as individuals we have to respond by being obedient to him. His love means that he can't forever tolerate evil. Satan is God's enemy. I would say it's safe to say that he does not love him.

If he loves mankind so much he would have sent himself not his son.... Throughout the bible it just used humans.. maybe for entertainment I presume.

ProfLogic

Todd said:
Just like when parents punish there children when they do something wrong, God punishes us when we disobey. It's ultimately to help us grow and mature just like when parents punish there kids to help them grow and mature. I'm sure you have seen kids that haven't been disciplined at all (we all have). They typically are uncontrollable and obnoxious. God doesn't want us to be like that.

So in other words in countries where they say they love their children so they beat them half to death is love?

jorylore

ProfLogic said:
If he loves mankind so much he would have sent himself not his son.... Throughout the bible it just used humans.. maybe for entertainment I presume.

He could not have come. If he had, who would have resurrected him? Besides his power can't be restriced to our universe. Nor confined to a human body.

And his Son volunteered for the assignment. It wasn't a copout on God's part. They both made considerable sacrafices. Since he was the first born and most beloved, God could have chosen another to take Jesus place. But he didn't. He sent the best. Plus, knowing he had the power to end his suffering while on earth, God watched his son tortured, disrespected, murdered as a criminal so that it would be fully proven that he would keep his intergrity to his Father, no matter what, and that he alone was worthy to become the future King of the Kingdom. All so we would have a second chance to gain back for ourselves what Adam and Eve lost.

May we attempt to be worthy of such a love.

ProfLogic

jorylore said:
He could not have come. If he had, who would have resurrected him? Besides his power can't be restriced to our universe. Nor confined to a human body.

And his Son volunteered for the assignment. It wasn't a copout on God's part. They both made considerable sacrafices. Since he was the first born and most beloved, God could have chosen another to take Jesus place. But he didn't. He sent the best. Plus, knowing he had the power to end his suffering while on earth, God watched his son tortured, disrespected, murdered as a criminal so that it would be fully proven that he would keep his intergrity to his Father, no matter what, and that he alone was worthy to become the future King of the Kingdom. All so we would have a second chance to gain back for ourselves what Adam and Eve lost.

May we attempt to be worthy of such a love.

The point is it did not. If it can ressurect itself then there is no risk but it was afraid to go to earth and save humanity, itself. Its like modern generals who send kids to die but are not men enough to fight besides them. Back to the bible, according to the translated bible, jesus says "thy will be done". It sure doesn't look like he volunteered for the task.

Future king of the kingdon, why is the bible god retiring or something or maybe it would also kill itself in the end, that would be a sight to see.

Smoke

Done here.
Todd said:
Just like when parents punish there children when they do something wrong, God punishes us when we disobey.
That's true; if you drown a few of your kids, it really gets the survivors' attention. That's the problem with modern society; kids run wild because they know their parents are too spineless to kill them.

ProfLogic

MidnightBlue said:
That's true; if you drown a few of your kids, it really gets the survivors' attention. That's the problem with modern society; kids run wild because they know their parents are too spineless to kill them.

As they say in god's plan.. lol

mr.guy

crapsack
MidnightBlue said:
Or maybe, god in fact does not view us just like his children.