• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God make everything happen how he plans no matter what?

Frank Goad

I think because God is all powerful the answer is yes.Just read ephesians 1:11 and see what i am talking about.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Yes of course. Einstein has shown us that space and time are merely two aspects of the same thing, so if God structured all of space, then He also structured all of time along with it--every moment as fastidiously crafted as every millimeter.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I think because God is all powerful the answer is yes.Just read ephesians 1:11 and see what i am talking about.

Or it could mean that the outcome is set but everything in between is still chosen by man. maybe "worketh" means God prods us along toward the desired outcome.

Shantanu

Or it could mean that the outcome is set but everything in between is still chosen by man. maybe "worketh" means God prods us along toward the desired outcome.
If you mean the Creator and Preserver God, It stays out of human interferences until called upon for help by a truth seeker practicing truth accommodation.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Why does God plan to give children cancer?

Children with cancer merely proves there is no such thing as an omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent God; so then perhaps, God is less than perfect in every aspect.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Yes of course. Einstein has shown us that space and time are merely two aspects of the same thing, so if God structured all of space, then He also structured all of time along with it--every moment as fastidiously crafted as every millimeter.

There's no way for an Earth-bound person to distinguish between God-created-space-time from naturally expanding space-time, now is there?

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Children with cancer merely proves there is no such thing as an omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent God.
Well for sure, not benevolent god.

1 Samuel 15:2-3
Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

So then, an all-powerful and all-knowing God could prevent cancer; there is cancer, so then, God doesn't care to cure cancer.

If I were to know how to cure cancer, but kept this knowledge to myself, that'd be immoral. Likewise, an omniscient and omnipotent God who doesn't do anything to cure cancer is immoral.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

That's so cruel and inhumane. ...:( ...Do people actually worship that sort of God? ...:eek:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If you mean the Creator and Preserver God, It stays out of human interferences until called upon for help by a truth seeker practicing truth accommodation.

Could be, maybe we choose to ask for help and those that ask get prodded towards God's final plan. Those that don't are on their own.

The end result is what? Being that of those that asked for help or do God's will see paradise. Those that don't don't.

What would we humans really know of his final plan. Maybe it is simply to separate the chaff from the wheat.

Audie

Veteran Member

What a stupid job, running every vibration of every atom.
The path of every electron around every atom.
No wonder it gets grouchy and
drowns everyone or sets off volcanoes.

Axe Elf

Prophet

Only a benevolent God would want to utterly annihilate your enemies, no?