• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God get bored or lonely?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
What happens after you remove the assumption that G-d experiences the human emotion of boredom?

If God has no emotions, no desires, then It is no different than a computer.

Just like references to G-d having body parts are metaphors, references to G-d having emotion is metaphorical. G-d is not a man.

Your words not mine. Our being created in God's image is not referring to a physical anthropomorphic image, but a fully self-aware spiritual image.

We each have a ray of God consciousness animating us looking to spiritually expand. We are God not being bored:).

Boredom is a motivator, for us and for God.

No, God is love. He never gets lonely or bored. He is always busy about His business.

What did God do before It had a business. And God, if It exists, is more than love. God is Truth, of which love is an aspect, like knowledge, justice and beauty.

I wouldnt see god as bored because god, as a force or spirit, cant be bored.

Why? Why would God create us, to grovel at It's feet. Sock puppets do that.

Energy in and of itself isnt human to experience bordom. I mean, you can say its metaphorical. God had nothing to do so he created creation in order to love him. But how does a literal Spirit become bored?

Again, we're a reflection of his spiritual image. How is it that we pick and choose which emotions God experiences. And if God has no emotions, he's no different than this computer I'm working at.

Well being god is a product of a person's theistic belief, it would follow that such relatable qualities would follow suit.

Yes, created in God's spiritual image.

I always figured that if there is a god who created us it was for his own amusement, possibly out of boredom. Or maybe, as the Christians portray him, a grand deity in need of praise and adoration. In any case, it was for his benefit rather than that of any of his creations..

Most definitely NOT just for God's benefit, but for It's and ours. If God does love us and care about us, that would make the relationship, in the Hereafter, a two way street of gold.

Very close to what I believe is true. God created the universe for something different but to keep it different had to limit gods interaction with it.

God's interaction, even knowledge of It's existence, would have to be nil, in order to maintain our free will--THE ONLY reason God would have created the universe for. An omnipotent God could have done anything else instantly.

What if god got bored with humans just as he did the angels? What if he is off creating a new and better universe because this one failed? Would we know? How could we know?

Failure or success is on an individual basis only. And as for the angels, read the OP.

If the god being is perfect, how can it experience boredom? If it is all knowing, then it knew everything about it's creation before it even created any of it, therefore free will is an illusion.

If God created us with free will, then it isn't an illusion. And if we don't have free will, then we aren't ourselves or self-aware.

God is a duality. Before God created angels, He was His own companion. After God created angels, both Gods became the center of attention. God's two entities are part of the same whole. In heaven, angels interact with both Gods. As an example, one God reacts with something an angel communicates or does. The other God pops up in the God sphere and reacts to what the other God did. These unique exchanges continue forever amusing and entertaining angels. When God was in the world as Jesus the two entities of God were inside the body of Jesus. There is no son of God, just the duality of God.

Faux academic psychobabble. And you might try reading the OP, or are you just a hit and run cut & paster?

Didn't God supposedly create loads of other gods? The Bible’s Many Gods | Gerald McDermott

No. Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One. If you wanna talk about Krishna or paganism, they have forums for that. But I recommend the only philosophy that makes sense, deism. You may now return to your regular programming.

The amazing thing about an eternal being is that he has no beginning or end.

And time has no beginning or end outside of the universe, because time only exists, with a beginning and likely an end, in the universe. The ether "outside" is a timeless environment.

His cardinal quality is LOVE

God is Truth and Truth is God. Love is an aspect of Truth along with knowledge, justice and beauty.

so it is his love that prompted him to share life with other beings. Giving them a beautiful place to live was well considered too. Everything they needed to enjoy their life was provided well before he created them. Giving his final earthly creation free will and dominion over all other creation was also well considered. He allowed enough time for all contingencies relating to the use or abuse of free will to be dealt with, so that when the end of the allotted time arrived, any and all issues would be settled and the rulership of his son would then bring all obedient humanity back to the conditions that Adam once enjoyed. (Isaiah 55:11)

Whatever.

Most people never get to see the big picture....and it is awesome!
springsmile.gif

Yes. And the worship of God via the pursuit of Truth and its aspects (knowledge, justice, love and beauty) allows us to find and place pieces of the big picture puzzle, which is very fulfilling, often to the full measure of awesome.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I honestly feel people gravel at his feet because they want to. It's a expression and submission to who created and sustains life. It's a way of gratitude.

Outside of that, culture has an influence of how people pray and give gratitude. To me, I don't see how you can give gratitude to an outside spirit. If god created life, god would be life not outside it. So you're giving gratitude for the life you live rather than the life you're given.

I swear, both non-believers and believers use the bible as if the bible somehow defines god. It doesn't.

Again, we're a reflection of his spiritual image. How is it that we pick and choose which emotions God experiences. And if God has no emotions, he's no different than this computer I'm working at.

I don't understand that. How can you be a reflection of spirit/energy? You can't live without spirit. The emotions god experiences are the emotions you experience when you pray and do things within and for god. So, if you sin, the emotions you feel maybe guilt so a believer would think god is feeling sorrow for them thereby their need for repentance. It's purely psychological. Energy/life/god/spirit keeps you alive. It's what drives everything in your body and neurons in your brain/your thoughts to work. So when you experience emotions, my guess, is those emotions are a reflection (or a result, better word) of further disconnecting yourself from the source of life.

When we are sad or depressed and feel like dying, we disconnect ourselves slowly from the source. When we kill others, we disconnect others from their source.

It's like, if using a computer example,

The Hard Drive would be your soul. The computer shell would be your body. The spirit is the processors that run through the motherboard (part of the body) to use cache (energy in this analogy) to transfer data (information from neurons to the brain) between the processor, memory, and components (say body and mind).

The spirit can't be separate from the shell or body hard drive. So, that's like saying we are an reflection of ourselves. If ourselves experience emotion, that emotion is part of our data and we transfer that data from external and internal stimuli to the brain and for you it may translate to raw communication in neurons in the brain to a believer it may translate their disconnection from god.

So prayer and worship (or groveling) is a way to get back into that connection. How one does so isn't the point in general. A Hindu wouldn't look to a book to find out how while a christian wouldn't look outside the book to find out how. Though, they are both human so it doesn't matter either way. It's a lot of history and culture involved when it comes to worship.

Not god himself.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
God's interaction, even knowledge of It's existence, would have to be nil, in order to maintain our free will--THE ONLY reason God would have created the universe for. An omnipotent God could have done anything else instantly.
Why does God have to be omnipotent? God wanted something that would develop without Gods influence perhaps God gave up omnipotence or never had it. Then with life I believe God allowed choice at all times. If God stood before you, you would be able to deny God anything. God is not Omniscient and that is the point of creating something different. God had to learn god can not do everything or know everything.

Repox

Truth Seeker

Your words not mine. Our being created in God's image is not referring to a physical anthropomorphic image, but a fully self-aware spiritual image.

What did God do before It had a business. And God, if It exists, is more than love. God is Truth, of which love is an aspect, like knowledge, justice and beauty.

Most definitely NOT just for God's benefit, but for It's and ours. If God does love us and care about us, that would make the relationship, in the Hereafter, a two way street of gold.

Failure or success is on an individual basis only. And as for the angels, read the OP.

If God created us with free will, then it isn't an illusion. And if we don't have free will, then we aren't ourselves or self-aware.

Faux academic psychobabble. And you might try reading the OP, or are you just a hit and run cut & paster?

No. Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One. If you wanna talk about Krishna or paganism, they have forums for that. But I recommend the only philosophy that makes sense, deism. You may now return to your regular programming.

And time has no beginning or end outside of the universe, because time only exists, with a beginning and likely an end, in the universe. The ether "outside" is a timeless environment.

God is Truth and Truth is God. Love is an aspect of Truth along with knowledge, justice and beauty.

Whatever.

Yes. And the worship of God via the pursuit of Truth and its aspects (knowledge, justice, love and beauty) allows us to find and place pieces of the big picture puzzle, which is very fulfilling, often to the full measure of awesome.

Whatever.

Replies are inaccurate, the poster has no first hand experience or knowledge about God. What I stated in my reply is accurate. God is a duality, and there are twelve angels in heaven around God. As I stated, before God created angels, He was his own companion. For specific details about God, here is an observation based on my experiences.

There is no Christian heaven, Jewish heaven, or any other religious heaven. There is just heaven with God and His angels. There is only one color; it is glittering white light streaming from the two Gods in a sphere. Around the two Gods are twelve fluffy white angels resembling cotton balls, and, beyond the two Gods in a sphere, there is bright white light extending in all directions. Whereas, in the universe, there is matter and energy composed of small particles (molecules, atoms and quarks), in heaven, there are brilliant white sparks of holy light. In heaven, physical laws do not apply. Heaven, like God, is eternal with no beginning or ending.

The angels are awe struck interacting with the two Gods. An angel communicates an idea to one God and either it or the other God responds. Responses by the two Gods are novel, or perhaps unexpected. It is an eternal party.

Last edited:

DavidFirth

Whatever.

Ya spelled paineful wrong. ;)

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
I honestly feel people gravel at his feet because they want to. It's a expression and submission to who created and sustains life. It's a way of gratitude.

Gratitude for what? God is not evident to give gratitude too. Now if God exists, we should indeed feel grateful for God's ultimate gift, free will. But then we don't know that God actually exists, by God's design, in order to maintain that free will. It appears that what God wants us to do, if It exists, is not to grovel, but that we advocate for the Truth, via knowledge, justice, love and beauty. Do you want your friends and lovers to grovel at your feet? That's what one could reasonably conclude.

I swear, both non-believers and believers use the bible as if the bible somehow defines god. It doesn't.

You're preaching to the choir.

I don't understand that. How can you be a reflection of spirit/energy? You can't live without spirit

It means our spirits is like God's. And I sure God is not impress by our prayers, but by the way we live our lives.

Why does God have to be omnipotent? God wanted something that would develop without Gods influence perhaps God gave up omnipotence or never had it.

I agree. And our free will would require God's sharing a part of It's omnipotence with us to facilitate that free will.

Ya spelled paineful wrong. ;)
You'll have to talk to Thomas about that.

Skwim

Veteran Member
A meaningless cliché.

Why? Why would God create us, to grovel at It's feet.
Ego.

Again, we're a reflection of his spiritual image.
And your basis for asserting this?

And your basis for believing this?

Most definitely NOT just for God's benefit,
This sounds much too desperate.

but for It's and ours.
And your basis for believing this?

Why not?

Gotta agree with you on this one. Repox does seem to like the sound of his own voice.

More meaningless hokum. :rolleyes:

RoaringSilence

he has auto - reply templates for prayers based on gender n race . and pretty clear strategy on realestate for chosen people. ..and then he has 8 million tons of pop corns with all divine flavors + coke , and a collection of Bollywood movies with subtitles . as he considers hollywood movies too unreal.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
If god was bored or lonely, one would think he could alleviate that boredom or loneliness by interacting with the world in a way that proved his existence. As it is, he is just a lazy god that is non-interactive, by logical standards non-existent.

Repox

Truth Seeker
If god was bored or lonely, one would think he could alleviate that boredom or loneliness by interacting with the world in a way that proved his existence. As it is, he is just a lazy god that is non-interactive, by logical standards non-existent.
Why would God interact with the world? What are world virtues? Maybe God has assumed a policy of nonintervention. Human stories about God are to glorify humans, not God. God came into the world as Jesus and was murdered. Why would He do it again?

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
Why would God interact with the world? What are world virtues? Maybe God has assumed the policy of nonintervention. Human stories about God are to glorify humans, not God. God came into the world as Jesus and was murdered. Why would He do it again?

God did interact with the world at one time, read the old testament.

If god has assumed the policy of nonintervention, what I stated still stands: he doesn't exist and logically theistic apologetic arguments are just that, arguments with no weight of logic behind them.

I am not advocating that god rejoin the world in the flesh. Have you read the bible? In the old testament god communicated with people on a regular basis. If god can do that, he should be capable of proving his existence to people today in the same way. The only reason people claim to hear his voice today is because they are schizophrenic.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Why would God again interact with the world? Why would God be bored? He is in heaven with His glorious angels. Humans are bored because they cannot imitate God, or have God serve their needs. What are world virtues? Maybe God has assumed a policy of nonintervention. Human stories about God are to glorify humans, not God. God came into the world as Jesus and was murdered. Why would He do it again?

In case anyone missed it, here it is again, a brief statement about God and heaven. Now, I expect a lot of flack. When God came into the world as Jesus His followers rejected him. God was not up to human standards. Humans really don't like God. They keep making up standards for God, but God refuses to comply. I wonder why.

There is no Christian heaven, Jewish heaven, or any other religious heaven. There is just heaven with God and His angels. There is only one color in heaven; it is glittering white light streaming from the two Gods in a sphere. Around the two Gods are twelve fluffy white angels resembling cotton balls, and, beyond the two Gods in a sphere, there is bright white light extending in all directions. Whereas, in the universe, there is matter and energy composed of small particles (molecules, atoms and quarks), in heaven, there are brilliant white sparks of holy light. In heaven, physical laws do not apply. Heaven, like God, is eternal with no beginning or ending.

The angels are awe struck interacting with the two Gods. An angel communicates an idea to one God and either it or the other God responds. Responses by the two Gods are novel, or perhaps unexpected. It is an eternal party.

This is an opportunity for brilliant theologians or well informed believers. If I am wrong, tell me why. Describe God. Describe God's angels. How many angels are there? Was Jesus God? What is heaven like? Here is a really hard question. Why did God create the universe? Here is another difficult question. When did paradise happen? I am sure there are brilliant theologians out there who can answer these questions. Everyone is waiting.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I would have probably put it a little differently, but the truth remains that we have good things to look for that are ahead of us.

Please share how you see the big picture Tammie.

Welcome to RF btw. :)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

How did God communicate with his people in OT times?
Wasn't it always through his human representatives? He appointed certain men to convey his will to them and expected his nation to follow their lead. They had no excuse not to.

If god has assumed the policy of nonintervention, what I stated still stands: he doesn't exist and logically theistic apologetic arguments are just that, arguments with no weight of logic behind them.

Since God stepped out of the picture when humans chose to follow the direction, and to believe the lies of a 'pretend god' back in Eden, he has always provided direction to humans and asked them to follow his guidance and to obey his laws. But since we are in this situation because of abusing free will, God is allowing us to see and experience first hand what happens when humans do things "their" way. He will not intervene with the exercise of our free will, but at the same time, provides us with his wisdom and guidance. We can choose to follow it to our benefit, or we can ignore it to our detriment.

Look around you and ask yourself how well humans have conducted themselves in this world as far as rulership is concerned? Are we better off doing things "our" way? Has ignoring God's laws led to a peace and happiness for the majority?

This is the most important object lesson humans will ever have. God has given us enough rope, and the freedom to choose our own branch on which to hang ourselves.
It's all our own doing. Our choices determine our own destiny. Is that not fair?

Have you read the bible

Have you? Anyone can read words on a page, but unless you have the benefit of God's spirit, that is all it will ever be.....meaningless words.

In the old testament god communicated with people on a regular basis. If god can do that, he should be capable of proving his existence to people today in the same way. The only reason people claim to hear his voice today is because they are schizophrenic.

So because your negative attitude makes God keep his distance from those who make such accusations, you assume that he owes you some kind of miraculous evidence of his existence? Have you never wondered why so many have such strong faith without anything like that? You assume mental illness? Faith is not a mental illness....it is a gift. One you have obviously never experienced. Do you want to?

I believe that God is choosing citizens for life in his kingdom. He states what the qualifications are very clearly in his word, so if people want to write their own terms for citizenship, tell me what country on earth would accept any resident who demanded that? Application denied!

You either qualify or you don't....both are the result of your own choice.

BTW, God giving some kind of miraculous evidence of his presence is no guarantee that humans will be the least bit impressed by them. How much evidence did the Israelites have to know that God was directing them after their release fro Egypt? God parted the waters of the Red Sea to show Pharaoh that his people were supported by a superior God. They had a huge pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night to lead them through a barren wilderness. He miraculously provided food and water for an entire nation on the move; their clothing and footwear never wore out, yet they still fell away to whining about those provisions.

We too are wandering about in a spiritual 'wilderness' and yet God has provided all we need to guide us through. The faithful are spiritually well fed in spite of the woeful spiritual state of this world.

I believe that we determine our own future by how we see God's obligation to us, balanced with how we see our obligation to him. He owes us nothing....we owe him everything.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
How did God communicate with his people in OT times?
Wasn't it always through his human representatives? He appointed certain men to convey his will to them and expected his nation to follow their lead. They had no excuse not to.

You need to read more carefully. The communication from god was directly to the individual to whom god was speaking. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less than an apologetic explanation from a believer who wants to subvert the truth for the sake of maintaining religious face.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
Look around you and ask yourself how well humans have conducted themselves in this world as far as rulership is concerned? Are we better off doing things "our" way? Has ignoring God's laws led to a peace and happiness for the majority?

Yet religion continues to perpetuate problems in the name of stated deity. It is sad, really. Religion pretends to be the cure, yet religion continues to cause more problems than it solves.

Repox

Truth Seeker

I am not advocating that god rejoin the world in the flesh. Have you read the bible? In the old testament god communicated with people on a regular basis. If god can do that, he should be capable of proving his existence to people today in the same way. The only reason people claim to hear his voice today is because they are schizophrenic.
First of all, I am not crazy, just informed. Do you know the basic reason for God not being pleased with humans? It is all there in the Old Testament. "They didn't obey my commandments, not one single commandment," the Lord said.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
Do you know the basic reason for God not being pleased with humans? It is all there in the Old Testament. "They didn't obey His commandments, not one single commandment," the Lord God said.

God creates humans with free will.
God gets angry with humans for exercising that free will.
Yes, makes perfect sense.

Repox

Truth Seeker
God creates humans with free will.
God gets angry with humans for exercising that free will.
Yes, makes perfect sense.
Again, God demands obedience not independence. Satan exercised his freewill rights and became independent of God. It seems to be one of the best kept secrets ever. It all relates to God's heavenly kingdom. In heaven, there is God, and God, and nothing but God. Do angels get bored? Never, because they love and adore God. Their entire existence is predicated on God interacting with them. Without God there is no holiness, there would be no bright heavenly sparks radiating in heaven. The big problem with God's chosen people is they didn't obey His commandments. Freedom seems to be what humans wants, which means freedom from God. Life may be short and glorious with independence, but the consequences are death, and no relationship with God.

Yes, God gave humans freewill, but the implication is Humans must choose God if they want a relationship with Him. There also is Satan, humans can choose to be independent like him (it). There is no salvation without obedience to God.

Last edited: