• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God forgive???

starlite

Texasgirl
Atleast I found an enlightened christian :bow:
So will you now answer me few basic questions from Bible.

I follow Vedic religion and not the Hinduism of present time. :D

This is the definition of faith that I apply in my life....as used in the Bible, "faith" involves firm belief in solid evidence. Someone who has faith in God, is confident that he will fulfill all His promises.

I will do my best to give you satisfying Bible based answers to your questions.

BruceDLimber

... no doubt you have heard of Armageddon?

Ah, but MY religion teaches that the Battle of Armageddeon already took place in 1918, near the end of World War I!:

That was the year British General Allenby defeated the Turks on the Plain of Megiddo (aka "Armageddon") not far from Haifa, thus preventing them from carrying out their planned atrocities.

Peace, :)

Bruce

starlite

Texasgirl
If god takes ransom from others to forgive sinner than it shows the corrupt nature of god.
:D

Your comment reflects human thinking...God's way of thinking is much higher than ours.

(Isaiah 55:8, 9) NWT. . .“For the thoughts of YOU people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways YOUR ways,” is the utterance of Jehovah. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than YOUR ways, and my thoughts than YOUR thoughts. . .

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Your comment reflects human thinking...God's way of thinking is much higher than ours.

(Isaiah 55:8, 9) NWT. . .“For the thoughts of YOU people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways YOUR ways,” is the utterance of Jehovah. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than YOUR ways, and my thoughts than YOUR thoughts. . .

This shows that it is good to be corrupt. God itself set an example before us.

This is the definition of faith that I apply in my life....as used in the Bible, "faith" involves firm belief in solid evidence. Someone who has faith in God, is confident that he will fulfill all His promises.

I will do my best to give you satisfying Bible based answers to your questions.
So let's start with genesis.........
GEN 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
ques--- If in begainning heaven and earth were created than about about before creation??

Now the earth was formless and empty.
Will you please explain how earth was formless.

Darkness was on the surface of the deep.
Was this surface of earth??

God's Spirit was hovering over the surface of the waters.
Where was this surface of water ??

God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
God said?? To whom??
Does your god need to speak to fulfill what he desires??

GEN 1:7 God made the expanse
GEN 1:8 God called the expanse sky.
Your god created sky. :facepalm:

GEN 1:9 God said, "Let the waters under the sky be gathered together to one place, and let the dry land appear," and it was so.
From where did water appeared?? I still did not understood.

GEN 1:13 There was evening and there was morning, a third day.

GEN 1:14 God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of sky to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years;

How there was "day and night" in Genesis 1:13 and Genesis 1:5 when god divided Day from Night in genesis 1:14 ???

GEN 1:15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of sky to give light on the earth," and it was so.

GEN 1:16 God made the two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He also made the stars.
What were those two lights?? Sun and moon I guess. Were they created after earth?? What about stars??

So now these are my questions. If I get my answers than we will move to Genesis two.

starlite

Texasgirl
Ah, but MY religion teaches that the Battle of Armageddeon already took place in 1918, near the end of World War I!:

That was the year British General Allenby defeated the Turks on the Plain of Megiddo (aka "Armageddon") not far from Haifa, thus preventing them from carrying out their planned atrocities.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Interesting new info....my cousin is of your faith

1robin

Christian/Baptist
SO he is one who consider religion as profession.
Please quit making stuff up. It requires time I do not have to show it as such. He was a Hindu and then became a Christian long before he ever went to college. he cared so much about faith that he devoted his life to it's study.

Now University are training people to Understand Hinduism??
If you meant No instead of Now then this is just plain false.

But earlier you said……….
Please don’t change your statements.
You are not reading carefully. I did not say he knew Hinduism and then said he did not. I (at that time) had not claimed he knew Hinduism yet. I only had said (at that time) that he was born in India and his family were Hindu leaders. I was making a comment about what I claimed not what he knew. I have been doing this a long time and most of the time I qualify my remarks on purpose because my arguments can't be overcome except in a technical and meaningless semantic ways that have no real explanatory power or scope.
Really??? Where did you get this data?? Wiki I guess.
I do not remember. Who cares? Whether the site was accurate or not the number seems to be very low.
No humans are lazy. What about Abrahamic God that choose a particular day for judgment. Is it not a greater act of laziness.
Your God and my God had the same people to work through. My God could even motivate the lazy people to do this: The United Bible Socities in October 2011 said that there were 469 languages with a complete Bible, and 2527 with at least some portion of scripture translated. The Catholic Biblical Federation in October 2008 said there were 438 complete translations and 2454 partials - close enough to be considered agreement. According to UBS ten languages acquired a complete Bible last year. 135 have the deuterocanonical books.

translation - Into how many languages has the Bible been translated? - Christianity Beta - Stack Exchange
Yours is only 30% out of it's original language.
Christianity is the only religion that is practiced in every single country on earth.
You said that your god made Bible available in every language. It’s pure lie. Bible is translated in different languages by people. Old testament was originally written in Hebrew and New testaments in Greek (Source- wiki and biblica.com). Both were major language of that time and spoken by people of particular area. While Sanskrit was never a language of mass. It was equally hard for all to learn it (It still is). So now who is more logical. One who throws books in a language which is spoken by a people of particular area or other who treat all equally
If you cannot discuss these issues without throwing around false accusations then we will not have one. Where is your honor and decorum? I never ever even thought the Bible exists in all languages. What I actually said is this:
My God made the Bible available in more languages than any other book
and that is an absolute fact. The fact that Sanskrit was so little used and Greek and Hebrew so widely used is my point. In fact Koine Greek is one of if not the most descriptive language in history. No God would bury his revelations in obscure languages and then expect more than .1% of teh people to understand. He would do exactly what my God did; put it in widely used languages squarely on a widely used trade route. Preserve and protect it and cause it to be translated into thousands of languages.

God provided humans mind to think and receive knowledge, eyes to see and hands to act. So is it not our duty to know what is unknown? And if you believe that god should provide us everything easily than what is Goal of human birth. Just to get a ticket to heaven.
Easy is a subjective value but a religion still mired in it's original little used language after thousands of years is still at the starting Gate and is not suggestive of any God worth worshiping. The goal of life is to re-establish a connection with God that was broken long ago. That is made harder by your God and has overcome infinite boundaries with mine.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei
I read Bible few time back but I left it because of its fictional story. Can you prove me wrong so that I may accept Christianity.
Why did you give me a link to Galileo? You know he was a Christian don't you. Well it is more than I can put in a hundred forums but I will give you a few. First there is no proof for any God. We have to evaluate the issue like and other historical, theological, or philosophic claim. By probability and reasoned conclusion.
1. The Bible is the most textually reliable book in ancient history. (This one is provable as are most of what I will provide)
2. Jesus is the most textually attested individual in ancient history.
3. There are 25,000 historical corroborations of the Bible.
4. The Bible has over 2000 fulfilled in detail prophecies.
5. History’s greatest legal experts (Simon Greenleaf and Lord Lyndhurst among thousands) claim and prove the Gospels meet every modern standard of legal and historical methods.
6. Some of history’s greatest medical coroners prove the crucifixion details are medically perfect.
7. Perfect philosophic claims.
8. The greatest explanatory power of any religious text.
9. The fact it maintains a perfectly consistent narrative over 40 authors, almost 2000 years, and distinct cultures. Plus 40 plus extra biblical authors identifying Jesus, events, or the early practice.
10. Perfect scientific knowledge known long before science knew of it.
There are several thousand more but this is enough. Only one claim above is even challengeable. The Bible is the most studied and treasured book in human history. The history of the Hebrew, Christian, and Bible text is remarkable and extraordinary compared with all other religions.
I found the thread but not your comments.
Only Prakriti, Soul and God is eternal
Ok, why is the greatest example of human conduct found in the Bible alone? Why are more of histories experts in science, evidence, testimony, textual criticism, history, and philosophy Christian than any other religion? What are the characteristics of your God besides inability to have his word read and understood by more than 1% of the population?

dantech

The questions you ask really depend on the religion and how it defines God.
In Judaism, God cannot forgive you for sins you have commit against other people. It simply is not within his rights. If I steal from someone, I can pray to God day and night to forgive me, he simply can't. Instead, I need to go apologize to this person I stole from and get my apology accepted from him.
Sins that are commit against God himself, like eating non-kosher (I am Jewish), can be forgiven by God if I chose to repent on this particular sin, sincerely.

dantech

No humans are lazy. What about Abhrahmic God that choose a particular day for judgement. Is it not a greater act of lazyness.
How does designating a time for Judgement mean lazyness?

You said that your god made Bible available in every language. It’s pure lie. Bible is translated in different languages by people. Old testement was orignally written in Hebrew and New testements in greek (Source- wiki and biblica.com). Both were maijor language of that time and spoken by people of particular area. While Sanskrit was never a language of mass. It was equally hard for all to learn it (It still is). So now who is more logical. One who throws books in a language which is spoken by a people of particular area or other who treat all equally :)
I don't agree with the whole "bible in every language means my God is not lazy" argument. In fact, I don't believe in any argument for laziness directed at a God. For laziness to exist, the lack of effort needs to exist as well. However, God, who is all-powerful and limitless, needs no effort to accomplish any given thing at any given time.

To clear things up, I don't agree with 1Robin's argument, and I don't agree with your counter argument because you are both admitting your God has limits. You are both agreeing that your God can actually be lazy. You are saying that a being you believe to be perfect, can carry an imperfect trait or quality...

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
How does designating a time for Judgement mean lazyness?
Because God judges each and every second.

For laziness to exist, the lack of effort needs to exist as well. However, God, who is all-powerful and limitless, needs no effort to accomplish any given thing at any given time.
But bible goes against this fact.

To clear things up, I don't agree with 1Robin's argument, and I don't agree with your counter argument because you are both admitting your God has limits.
Clearly my god is bounded by it's own rules
It can't die, It can't forgive sinners, It can't create another god who equals to it, It can't do injustice etc.

starlite

Texasgirl
This shows that it is good to be corrupt. God itself set an example before us.

Sumit...this is from your post #153....God is justice loving. My observation is that you are not sure of what you believe. Justice and corrupt are opposites.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Sumit...this is from your post #153....God is justice loving. My observation is that you are not sure of what you believe. Justice and corrupt are opposites.
God is definately justice loving but this comment was for you as your god takes the ransom which shows corrupt nature. :rolleyes:

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
My observation is that you are not sure of what you believe.
OK, so in short my belief is...
1) God, soul and Prakriti are three eternal entities. They were always and will remain always.
2) God is creator of Universe. It is omnipresent, omniscient and ultimate source of pleasure.
3)God is definitely creator but it do not create anything out of it. It is Prakriti through which God creates. Prakriti is material cause of Universe. Prakriti is lifeless entity.
4)Souls are the one that play it's part in creation. It reincarnate again and again till it achieve peace. The peace means freedom from cycle of birth and death for a period more than 30,000 cycles of creation.
5)Goal of Human life is to attain peace which is rare. I neither believe in concept of hell nor in heaven.
6)God neither incarnate nor send it's prophet.
7) God never forgives sinners, it punish sinners in similar way as parent punish their child.

Last edited:

dantech

Because God judges each and every second.
This makes no sense....All this shows is that your God is perhaps limited by time and needs every second to be able to get through all the "files".... Just to humor you though, the reason why our God doesn't judge every second is because he wants to give you a chance to repent. Someone who is judged, by definition, gets a verdict on his judgement. However, God, who is so caring and loving of his people, allows us the time required to repent for all our sins before we get judged. Sounds like your God is more evil than mine...

But bible goes against this fact.
How so?

Clearly my god is bounded by it's own rules
It can't die, It can't forgive sinners, It can't create another god who equals to it, It can't do injustice etc.
My God can do all those things, but doesn't necessarily. To say that my God can't would mean that he has limits.
He can die, if He wants to. But he won't.
He can forgive sinners, and does or doesn't depending on the case. He uses his unlimited knowledge and perfect justice to do so.
He can create another God, but doesn't and hasn't.
He can do injustice, be he is just and doesn't.

Last edited:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
One will only know at the day of judgment
Actually I would have said we all will not know as a whole until then. However I myself and tens of millions of others believe as strongly as possible we felt the weight of sin removed from our hearts in an event the character of which leaves little room for doubt for us. However as I understand it Muhammad himself had no idea if he would make it. That is about the biggest red flag possible to me.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Actually I would have said we all will not know as a whole until then. However I myself and tens of millions of others believe as strongly as possible we felt the weight of sin removed from our hearts in an event the character of which leaves little room for doubt for us.
That iis how I feel when my face is on the ground in prostration :) But I nor my heart is God.

However as I understand it Muhammad himself had no idea if he would make it. That is about the biggest red flag possible to me.
:confused:
Maybe you never really looked into Islam?

Was Prophet Muhammad Uncertain of His Own Salvation?
The Facts About Islam: Did The Prophet Know He Was Going to Heaven? The Qur'an Gives The Answer!

Walkntune

No God does not forgive sins. He already has forgiven them.He is just waiting for us to come out from trying to hide our nakedness and see it is so! He has given the free pass back into the garden of Eden but much of mankind is still working under the curse of working by the sweat of their brow and own efforts and cannot see the provision already provided.Its not about man waiting for the blessings of God. Its about man coming out of himself and his own knowledge of good and evil and back into Gods provision. God has already gave the blessings and just waiting for us to recieve them.
[youtube]YaTZtzFAuec[/youtube]
Not Guilty Anymore - Aaron Keyes - With Lyrics - YouTube

Last edited:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
That iis how I feel when my face is on the ground in prostration But I nor my heart is God.
I do not agree but as there is no way to settle the issue I will not attempt it. I will only add that if the two experiences were the same you would not have made your initial comment. When I experienced God there was no doubt that my sins had been forgiven and no possible counter explanation for the effects I experienced.

Maybe you never really looked into Islam?
That is a common Islamic claim. Staring at Islam is like staring at the sun, it can't be done for long because it is painful. I do not think I know you so let me clarify what I think about Islam. I think it is wrong and terribly wrong. I believe it's a far less theologically, philosophically, and historically justified faith on every level things like this are examined compared with the Bible. However I like many Muslims, Islamic architecture, and Arabian history. I take people one at a time, and I judge concepts not people in debate so take nothing I say personally.

Or do they say, 'He has forged it'? Say: 'If I have forged it, you have no power to help me against Allah. He knows very well what you are pressing upon; He suffices as a witness between me and you; He is the All-forgiving, the All-compassionate.' Say: 'I am not an innovation among the Messengers, and I know not what shall be done with me or with you. I only follow what is revealed to me; I am only a clear warner.' S. 46:8-9 Meccan

He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me," By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 266)

This is not an Islam thread so I will not supply the other 98% of the info indicating what I claimed is believed by many respected Islamic scholars as well. If you wish to debate Islam or Muhammad we can do so in another location.