• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

does god exist?

scratch

But how can something be perfect? Everything in the universe has flaws. Who told you that he/she is perfect? Was it god him/herself? It's like myself saying i'm perfect. There i've said it it must be true. I'll get my friends to back me up that i'm perfect, I now have a group of people backing my perfection so it must be true.

Allan

scratch said:
allen, what you said didn't really answer anything it was sort of just a lot of preaching your not that extremist minister from destiny church are you?

I don't know I say there's got to be more to this life than what you see but I can't really see it in any religion. I just think they were made in the early days to control people, who were having doubt in there government.

I think what I am saying is that what I've written is all there is to it.

Human good and bad are the same, its all about connecting. Good is from a view point, as is bad, many opinions could be developed. Ultimately it causes conflict.

All that is happening on this planet is all there is for humans.

It could be written in one page.

All could experience God because God is really close at hand and then there would be no discussion, no religion, no conflict.

Try asking. God can hear you at every instant, God can read your thoughts, humble yourself, change your attitude to expecting an answer.

You have to believe God will answer. You have to expect an answer.

It is a little better than a good actor would do it.

It is harder than it sounds. Just keep trying.

do not over eat.

Ask God out loud. Quietly, gently ask God to answer. You will then know I am telling you the truth.

Allan

scratch said:
have you heard an answer?

I have.

I am more interested in others experiencing the same to come to the same knowledge.

It is a process.

No preaching. Active complimentry experience.

trishtrish10

God created time. there is time in purgatory, hell, and earth. no time in heaven. we even have a sense of timing as do animals. God was begotten not made. he is, was and always be, like us.

scratch

Do animals goto the human heaven or hell or do they have there own? Do they have an afterlife?

All i know is no-one really knows what happens at the end of the line, so you might aswell enjoy the trip.

Linus

scratch said:
But how can something be perfect? Everything in the universe has flaws.

God is more than just another being. Humans have flaws, but God is more than human. God is better than everything He has created. That is why we worship Him.

scratch

if he's perfect then why are there wars, famine and suffering. I know your going to say that's human doings. But can't he/she do something about it?

Why is he/she better than everything he/she has created?

Ceridwen018

Good points, scratch.

Also, how do you know god is perfect and better than all creation? Because of the bible? So...you belive god is perfect because god says he is perfect? That sounds like circular reasoning to me.

(Q)

Humans have flaws, but God is more than human. God is better than everything He has created.

Really? As a human, I would never inflict disease and petulence on the world. I would never allow bad things to happen to good people. I would never allow hundreds of children to die each day from starvation.

I would never do these things and then demand obedience and servitude from blind faith.

Allan

scratch said:
if he's perfect then why are there wars, famine and suffering. I know your going to say that's human doings. But can't he/she do something about it?

Why is he/she better than everything he/she has created?

Satan magnified "self" above god. Satan wanted rulership and took it. Satan is in the self . Self belief and empowerment rules on this planet.

God will not push into a place that isn't welcoming, where God isn't wanted, as opposed to Satan.

God's power would destroy any human and we can only approach God through the nature of Jesus, because this can be comprehended as we can see the differences between his nature and the one we have now.

It is a bit like a comparison that takes you beyond your "self" and out of the clutches of Satan if it all works correctly.

Satan rules the minds of the people on this planet. Actively wanting to rule each other, dominate, prove a point, pointed remarks, opinions.
They all lead to conflict.

God is going to do something about it but first all those who will hear are being gathered up and spiritually strengthened and then the end will come.

There is no big deal if you believe you just live and die then no problem.

If immortality is a problem for you then look at science. To date it has been shown in a test tube that the human cell can be regenerated instead of aging. Technically stopping aging. It can be observed what happens in the aging process but not really why.

Personally I would not like to live for ever with my own human nature. The nature of Jesus sounds pretty good.

But I know just as human nature has a mind then the nature of Jesus has another mind and is very refined and far superior and will not be ruled.

There does need to be a process of change and Christianity that has taken ownership of the Bible doesn't go far enough.

If that pleases you then that is Satan doing that in you, and this is what everyone needs to overcome.

scratch

yeah i just don't believe in a red guy with a fork controlling my thoughts. Nor do i really a guy with a beard reading mine. I have no affiliation with any one of that sort. It's just I was raised to believe the most logical answer is usually the right one.

Linus

(Q) said:
Really? As a human, I would never inflict disease and petulence on the world. I would never allow bad things to happen to good people. I would never allow hundreds of children to die each day from starvation.

The only thing God cares about is the salvation of our souls. He loves us and wants us to do what is right despite our sufferings in this world. The Lord may not like all the evil in this world, But I think He allows it to happen because He knows that we can overcome it through one of His greatest commandments: love

scratch

But we've had war and famine and hunger and diease for thousands and millions of years, or there about. "Love" don't seem to be doing much. say a guy mugs you, your not going to say I or god loves you, you'll get your arse kicked.

(Q)

The Lord may not like all the evil in this world, But I think He allows it to happen because He knows that we can overcome it through one of His greatest commandments: love

As scratch so succinctly put it - you get your arse kicked.

But quite frankly, that makes no sense at all. That exact line of logic would nullify much of what the Bible had to say about gods wrath. Was not the story of Noahs Ark about destroying every other person and animal on Earth? Apparently, he has a certain level of patience and then blows his top, literally.

And if we continue to think that love will conquer all, what is to stop those who will obviously take advantage of that concept and continue to victimize others with no reproach or guilt? If all you do is tell me you love me after I rob your house, I'll be sure to be back after you settle with your insurance company.

Allan

scratch said:
yeah i just don't believe in a red guy with a fork controlling my thoughts. Nor do i really a guy with a beard reading mine. I have no affiliation with any one of that sort. It's just I was raised to believe the most logical answer is usually the right one.

Do you really think that any control is that obvious.

It is only apparent if it is tested.

Having worked at engineering for many years, I really started out thinking every person would have similar logic but it isn't true. Most people are lazy thinkers and it takes a lot of research to get the facts.

Agendas, politics, false assumptions, dislikes, jealousy, pointed remarks, opinions, disrupting concentration all play a part, rather than just getting on with the job. The people doing such would deny any motive and usually shift attention to say the other person has a problem.

These are the things that rule the mind and they make up the self.

Satan is part of the self and is the power house to make it work by upseting people. If you get annoyed with some one and want to get inside their head so that they fear you, what power do you use. If you used words you would have to put feeling behind those words and be very serious about it.

Satan is a word used to explain what it is that powers humans into all the conflict, and even what seems good is the same power. Humans trying to control other humans by every devious and even blatant means.

Most Christians are totally deluded because they wouldn't like to think they are still being ruled and are actively using this power to control others. They think they are saved. There are a lot of misconceptions.

I had a spontaneous supernatural experience and I think I have gone to every inner limit just to understand what is going on. I have read and compared religions. I have designed and built devices to understand technology and effeciency.

There is something of a deception going on in the "real" world.

I was brought up in and I worked in the "real" world and then my attention was drawn to explore other possibilities.

These other possibilities are far more interesting and possible.

But they are not possible at the moment because the deception is being continued at every level. It all has its beginning in the mind.

There is a power ruling the mind of every human on this planet. In fact all biology, the predatory, and animal instinct to survive, are controlled by the same power.

Humans have taken this survival instinct into the self.

Think about it. It is interesting.

Linus

(Q) said:
As scratch so succinctly put it - you get your arse kicked.

So what? It doesn't change the way God feels about you or me. He loves us all. At least I will have peace knowing that I have forgiven an other for doing me wrong.

(Q) said:
But quite frankly, that makes no sense at all. That exact line of logic would nullify much of what the Bible had to say about gods wrath. Was not the story of Noahs Ark about destroying every other person and animal on Earth? Apparently, he has a certain level of patience and then blows his top, literally.

I said before that God intervenes when He finds it necessary. He destroyed the world with the flood because He was sorry and grieved that he made man (Gen. 6:5-7), not because He was angry and fed up with them.

(Q) said:
And if we continue to think that love will conquer all, what is to stop those who will obviously take advantage of that concept and continue to victimize others with no reproach or guilt?

Obviously nothing will stop them. Love probably won't conquer all, but it could if people tried. That's all I'm trying to say.

(Q) said:
If all you do is tell me you love me after I rob your house, I'll be sure to be back after you settle with your insurance company.

Good. Then I'll give you a good hardy welcome with my two new German shepherds and security system.