• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Exist?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Evolution is a man-made fantasy.

Sure, I'll respond to your mindless accusation. :sarcastic
From the words of Dr. Kent Hovind in a debate with Michael Shermer:

"#1 “Myth”: Why aren’t apes evolving into humans?

"Michael states that creationists say, “If humans came from apes, why aren’t apes evolving into humans?” His answer is that this is not really what evolution teaches, but rather that apes and humans have a common ancestor. This answer is a feeble attempt to draw attention away from the bigger issue: Nobody has ever seen ANY plant or animal (including apes and humans) produce ANYTHING other than their own kind. Dogs produce dogs, humans produce humans and apes produce apes WITHOUT EXCEPTION! If Michael wants to believe apes and humans have a common ancestor, that is fine; but neither he nor anyone else should claim this is SCIENCE."

"Every farmer on planet earth throughout all of recorded history has counted on evolution NOT happening! When the farmers plant corn, they expect (and get) CORN—EVERY TIME!"

"I told Michael he is right to be skeptical of UFOs and other paranormal subjects he often criticizes, but I can’t figure out why he would not be skeptical of his own evolution religion, which teaches everything came from nothing for no reason by no Creator. Why would he not be skeptical of the wild idea that animals can change (slowly or quickly) into different kinds of animals when there is NO scientific evidence that this even CAN happen, let alone evidence that it did happen?"

#2 “Myth”: Too many gaps in the fossil record

"This one is amazing to me. He claims that critics of evolution say: “There are too many gaps in the fossil record for evolution to be true.” His answer is: “In fact, there are lots of intermediate fossils. Archaeopteryx, for example, is one of the earliest known fossil birds with a reptilian skeleton and feathers …”
"Michael, shame on you! First, there is no such thing as a “fossil record.” There are billions of bones in the ground but no “record.” Some people put their interpretation on those bones but NONE have dates on them when they are found and none can talk. The very existence of fossils is evidence of a worldwide flood! Fossils don’t form in any quantity today even though millions of animals die every year."

"Secondly, archeopteryx is NOT evidence for evolution! Only six skeletons have been found, all from the same quarry. There is plenty of evidence they are 100% bird, similar to the hoatzin flying around South America today. There are also many who think the archeopteryx fossils have been tampered with and are fraudulent. See my seminar, Part 4, for LOTS more on this and the other supposed “missing links” used as evidence for evolution."

"Third, fossils are simply bones in the dirt. You cannot prove those animals had ANY offspring, let alone DIFFERENT offspring. Why should we believe the bones in the dirt can do something that NO animal on earth today can do—produce something other than their kind?"

#3 “Myth”: Fossil record does not show gradual change

"This one deals with the common complaint that the “fossil record” does not show gradual change. His answer is that the change was rapid “in a process called punctuated equilibrium.” The idea is that evolution happened so fast that no evidence was preserved. Try THAT in any court of law: “Your Honor, we don’t have any evidence so that proves it happened!”

"It looks to me like there are only two options in Michael’s (and most evolutionist’s) mind:
* Evolution happened slowly (Darwin’s theory) or
* Evolution happened rapidly (Steven Gould and Niles Eldridge’s theory).

"There is a third choice, Michael: Evolution didn’t happen AT ALL! This leaves the only logical option being Creation. That choice brings with it some serious baggage that you seem to be desperately trying to avoid—a CREATOR."

There IS a Creator

"Well, accept it! There is a Creator and He WILL be the Judge of the world soon! He has a record of every word (Matthew 12:36) and every deed (Romans 2:6) and even every thought (Hebrews 4:12) of everyone on earth and will bring everything into judgment (Hebrews 9:27)." :bow:

Therefore, I stand by my previous post:
"I did not make up this fantasy; therefore, I am not the one who should "Back It Up". It wasn't me that said that man descended from apes; but evolutionists: That is pure fantasy without scientific evidence! :eek:
Kent Hovind?
Seriously?
Wow.
You have stooped to the all time low of intelligent bankruptcy.

outhouse

Atheistically
ive been trying to warn people

onethatgotaway is POE

he is straight from landover forums

its comedy to him bud

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
What make you believe ancient goat and sheep herders back in the day when everything was imagined because they didnt know beans about anything had the ability to communicate with a deity better then we can do now in modern times.

Why them not us! is what you have to think about.

It was not uncommon for them to go out and fast until they hallucinated and then go have someone write down there hallucinations of god and call that gospel.

The more someone talks about how well they know a deity,,,, the less credibility they have.

What are you talking about? You mean they fast and get some hallucination about GOD then write something... you must be kidding... i ask you this...
How did you know? Do you see them when they hallucinate and write something? Tthat's make your statement much less credible.

waitasec

Veteran Member
What are you talking about? You mean they fast and get some hallucination about GOD then write something... you must be kidding... i ask you this...
How did you know? Do you see them when they hallucinate and write something? Tthat's make your statement much less credible.

the god of abraham was created by bronze age man...
do you deny this?

outhouse

Atheistically

read the bible, jesus himself went out in the desert and fasted for 40 days

[40 days in the bible just means a long time it is not literal]

during tjhios fast jesus reported seeing many different visions devil ect

fasting was normal practice to induce visions, [as anyone who starves themselves will hallucinate]

Wombat

God only exists if you play sematics with the word.

God only ceases to exist if you play sematics with the word.

God only ceases to exist if you play sematics with the arguement.

God only seems to cease to exist if you play sematics with the word/arguement.

Anyone can play and play all day :angel2:

Tathagata

Freethinker
I am defining God to be the Judeo-Christian God.

Why?

There is no reason to say God exists any more than there is to say that unicorns exist because there is no evidence of God. This is a very common argument and is very persuasive.

Yeah, only persuasive to people who aren't philosophically inclined. The Argument from Contingency is exactly the reason why you can't compare God to a unicorn. A unicorn is contingent, God is non-contingent therefore you can't compare the likelyhood of their existence.

OneThatGotAway

Servant of Yahweh God Almighty
Kent Hovind? Seriously? Wow. You have stooped to the all time low of intelligent bankruptcy.

Despite who proves it, the point being is that evolution is a fantasy; but I am not surprise if some people in this world pretend to be seekers of the truth but really enjoy lies. :facepalm:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Despite who proves it, the point being is that evolution is a fantasy;
Here you show you blatant ignorance.
Or perhaps you can claim prescription drugs as an excuse?

but I am not surprise if some people in this world pretend to be seekers of the truth but really enjoy lies. :facepalm:
Yes, you seem to really enjoy lies.
I mean you must enjoy them, you have promoted so many in this thread alone.

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
Originally Posted by OneThatGotAway
The difference between the God of Yishrael and the other false gods is that our God has stand the test of time when it comes to answering people's prayers. Other false gods has faded away because they were proven false when people pray to them for help and they fail to help them. To this very hour, our God is answering prayers and protecting those who are faithful and true to His Words. Don't believe me?: Ask the Sons of Yishrael (aka Jews); not to mentioned millions of Christians and Muslims who keep some of His Words (aka Torah) as well. YAHWEH the One True God has stood the test of time above false gods because he answers prayers for millions of believers for over 6,000 years. :angel2:

Despite CIA's estimates, millions of believers of the three Aebrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have their prayers answered daily because they believe in God and obey his commandments. Are there any CIA estimates on how many prayers are answered for Muslims, Christians, and Jews in Asia, Africa, Australia, North America, and South American? France and Europe are just a small part of a bigger religious Aebrahamic Religious Pie. :yes:

So we have God physically going to millions of people and giving them what they want? That is amazing! Wait... is there any evidence of that happening?

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
Why?

Yeah, only persuasive to people who aren't philosophically inclined. The Argument from Contingency is exactly the reason why you can't compare God to a unicorn. A unicorn is contingent, God is non-contingent therefore you can't compare the likelyhood of their existence.

Actually, I don't believe the contingency argument. Nothing needs God's existence.

Tathagata

Freethinker
Actually, I don't believe the contingency argument.

You don't "believe" or "disbelieve" in arguments. Arguments are either valid/invalid, sound/unsound. If you think there's a flaw in the contingency argument, go to that thread and try to dismantle the argument. If you can't do that, then you have no legitimate reason to reject the argument.

Nothing needs God's existence.
You have a simplified understanding of the Contingency Argument if you think something like that refutes it. I have already explained it more fully in the other thread.

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
read the bible, jesus himself went out in the desert and fasted for 40 days

[40 days in the bible just means a long time it is not literal]

during tjhios fast jesus reported seeing many different visions devil ect

fasting was normal practice to induce visions, [as anyone who starves themselves will hallucinate]

They fast not to induce hallucination their purpose is to purify their body to be worthy in communicating with God. In fact fasting has many medical benefit including autolysis, detoxification, rejuvination and healing process of the body.
Fasting may not mean a complete abstinence from food; consequently, Jesus may have been surviving on the sparse food that could be obtained in the desert.

And also they fast while praying and meditating thus stimulating the pituitary glands which corresponds in opening of their third eye. And they are not hallucinating they merely see the another dimension of reality.

outhouse

Atheistically
really?
And this is based on what?
I mean, is there anything other than wild bold claims to support this statement?

yeesh dont forget that third eye :facepalm:

stimulating the pituitary glands which corresponds in opening of their third eye

fasteing does not

, rejuvination and healing process of the body.

and this is funny right here, get this their god doesnt like them to eat, he wants you to be hungry or god will hang up the phone with you LOL :D :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

They fast not to induce hallucination their purpose is to purify their body to be worthy in communicating with God

jesus must have had one dirty filthy body to take 40 days of fasting in the desert to talk to his own dad :facepalm::facepalm:

give me a break that is so pathetic

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
You don't "believe" or "disbelieve" in arguments. Arguments are either valid/invalid, sound/unsound. If you think there's a flaw in the contingency argument, go to that thread and try to dismantle the argument. If you can't do that, then you have no legitimate reason to reject the argument.

Why am I the one who has to do all the work here? You are the one who is making the argument, you support it. And I am not going to some other thread to do it. You stated the argument in THIS thread, you support it in THIS thread or just forget you ever made the argument.

You have a simplified understanding of the Contingency Argument if you think something like that refutes it. I have already explained it more fully in the other thread.

Here is my understanding of the argument.

1. The Universe exists

2. Everything that exists needs a cause

3. The Universe can't have existed forever

4. Therefore there must be the First Cause

5. Ergo, there is god.

My only response is that you cannot assume that the "first cause" of space-time and the universe is a God. There. Refuted. Any more arguments I need to know about?

This is a thread about God's existence by the way so defend you arguments on this thread or abandon them. Don't give me a reading list.