• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Exist?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Apparently, some folks have experienced an abrupt end to subject / object perception while experiencing yet continues. And some of those who have experienced that, have called the experience "god". So, if they are to be believed, then god exists in the sense that any kind of experience, no matter how rare, can be said to exist.

Whether that experience of god indicates an ontologically existing god is another matter.

outhouse

Atheistically
Gravity is a fact. But evolution is a fantasy and poor mythology. You believed it so much that you are unable to tell fact from fantasy.

you are the one following a known myth in fantasy land, a myth so foul it was outlawed from public schools!!!!!!

does it make you angry your myth is outlawed while children are being taught exactly what I follow?????

OneThatGotAway

Servant of Yahweh God Almighty
How is that disappointing? How is it not disappointing to be born in sin, to always need repentance, to always seek salvation; to know that whatever of the world and will, your right could be found to be the righteousness of Job? How is it not disappointing the carry the portent of eternal suffering, even as such a burden makes mortal life mere suffering?

It is disappointing to know that men can do all kinds of evil and not have to pay for it. It is disappointing to know that 'Crime Does Pay'. It is disappointing to know that mankind can commit all kinds of atrocities and profit from keeping people in pain and slavery with NO ONE to help them. It is disappointing for millions of people to watch the filthy rich prosper from raping, pillaging, and stealing from the poor. It is disappointing for millions of poor to face the reality that "Life's a ***** and Then You Die!" with nothing to look forward to (because there is no after life). Life is not disappointing unless you are the one causing the suffering (for example). :facepalm:

I believe in evolution. The difference between you and me... somebody is not reading their book correctly... Dust.

The difference between you and me is that God the Creator inspired our book; and foolish men fantasized your book through unproven theories. :clap

Your book is six hundred sixty-four pages; never in the span of its existence has six hundred sixty-four people gotten together to agree what those six hundred sixty-four pages actually mean.

More than six hundred and sixty-four thousand people agree and believe that there is a God. More than six hundred and sixty-four thousand people agree and believe that He is the Creator of the Universe and Earth. More than six hundred and sixty-four thousand people agree and believe that all mankind originated from the first man Aedam who was created by YAHWEH the One True God. I can continue and name many major points about the Bible that will attest that millions of people agree and believe about the the truths in the Bible.

But in general rarely do two people agree on everything in life; from the best country to the best sports player. :yes: :no:

My dust is the quark-gloun plasma, thirteen point seven billion years deep, ninety-eight billion light years wide; in which every particle, every wave, every field, every philosophy was essential and necessary of what came before to come into being as ellen at the point of conception where I write... even yours, or there would be no I, here; to write. I'm not disappointed.

Your quark-gloun plasma did not always exist; unless you believe that it was always eternal. My God created quark-gloun plasma (your so-called 'dust'). And your scientific instruments are not equipped to measure any material in the billions. In fact, mankind have never developed any tool to measure any material in the millions of years. That so-call measurement is another fantasy that many scoffers have fallen prey to in order to puff up their pride as gods themselves. These evolutionist poorly guess the age of things. But God is ageless and older than anything you can possibly think of. :bow:

I'll tell you something else - god's side, is always/has always been - god's side. ;)

That is because God is perfect. What do you expect from perfection? ;)

OneThatGotAway

How can you “use” faith when faith itself is such a cop-out? Belief based on weak evidence and proof is by definition fallacious because there is little justification for your belief. I will repeat your statement replacing God with Zeus.
“I am not an atheist because we cannot prove that there is no Zeus.
I am a Greek Polytheist because I cannot also prove that there is a Zeus.
why?
because I can use faith to believe in Zeus.”
When you encounter an idea you have little evidence for and against, don't just believe it, just say, “I don't know.”

The difference between the God of Yishrael and the other false gods is that our God has stand the test of time when it comes to answering people's prayers. Other false gods has faded away because they were proven false when people pray to them for help and they fail to help them. To this very hour, our God is answering prayers and protecting those who are faithful and true to His Words. Don't believe me?: Ask the Sons of Yishrael (aka Jews); not to mentioned millions of Christians and Muslims who keep some of His Words (aka Torah) as well. YAHWEH the One True God has stood the test of time above false gods because he answers prayers for millions of believers for over 6,000 years. :angel2:

outhouse

Atheistically
Other false gods has faded away

really, do you know how the 7 days of the week were named???? do you!!!!

your god and jesus doesnt have a day of its own, but pagan gods do. :)

the One True God has stood the test of time above false gods because he answers prayers for millions of believers for over 6,000 years

what about the people who lived 200,000 years ago??? your not a YeC are you???

OneThatGotAway

Gravity is a fact. But evolution is a fantasy and poor mythology. You believed it so much that you are unable to tell fact from fantasy.

Back it up.

You can prove gravity by dropping a ball and see it fall; or by jumping up and seeing yourself come down.

Evolution cannot be scientifically proven because there is no evidence that has been observed or found. I did not make up this fantasy; therefore, I am not the one who should "Back It Up". :cool:

outhouse

Atheistically

You can prove gravity by dropping a ball and see it fall; or by jumping up and seeing yourself come down.

Evolution cannot be scientifically proven because there is no evidence that has been observed or found. I did not make up this fantasy; therefore, I am not the one who should "Back It Up". :cool:

POE this guy is another one of those landover baptist

those words he used are straight from there site

OneThatGotAway

you are the one following a known myth in fantasy land, a myth so foul it was outlawed from public schools!!!!!!
does it make you angry your myth is outlawed while children are being taught exactly what I follow?????

Does it makes you angry to have in your wallet, your house, and bank the words
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
and wishing that you could just erase it from your dollar bills and coins?

Does it just irritates you when you see the President and other high government official place their hands on the Holy Bible and say words like "SO HELP ME GOD" when taking an oath?

Does it just grinds your teeth know that your tax dollars pays for chaplains and chapel in every military installation?

Not me. Instead I say HALLELUYAH to all of the above events in the United States of America. America The Beautiful: God sheds His Grace On Thee. Also, I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America...One Nation Under GOD!

And I will not tell you how the Judeo-Christian religion benefited America for the first 200 years; because the blessing is more than the focus of this OP. :clap

OneThatGotAway

really, do you know how the 7 days of the week were named???? do you!!!!
your god and jesus doesnt have a day of its own, but pagan gods do. :)
what about the people who lived 200,000 years ago??? your not a YeC are you???

Calm down. I think only one exclamation (!) and question mark (?) can drive your point. Surely you don't think that more than one punctuation is going to make your beliefs more true. Personally, I think you are splitting hairs here; nevertheless...
The mentioning of days just goes to show that people prefer to keep myths alive like Superman and Spiderman for their pride. These people do not believe and pray to these myths and legends like they do their true God of Aebraham, Mashe (Moses), and Yishrael.
God's day is the still evident mostly in South America, Central America, as well as Spain, Portugal, the Philippines, and Italy: Sabbath, [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]sábado[/SIZE][/FONT], [FONT=VERDANA, GENEVA, HELVETICA]sabato[/FONT]
Also in all Muslim countries as well as their Islamic Calender: Al-SABT (i.e. Seventh-Day, Sabbath Day).
And let us not forget the Hebrew Calendar observed in Israel and other Jewish communities in countries around the world. :yes:

Nobody lived 200,000 years ago because there is no written record of their history. And that is what you believe through faulty radioactive dating materials.

asketikos

renouncing this world
in my dark days
i ask myself this question
but i believe he does
even though much of him is a mystery

i think that it is impossible to prove God without faith
so i often find conversations on the topic of if god exists lacking usefullness
because faith is the proof, and if you don't have it, then you can't prove it
if that makes sense

Orias

Left Hand Path

I don't see you disproving it.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I did not make up this fantasy; therefore, I am not the one who should "Back It Up". :cool:
Ah, so you are just mindlessly repeating some fantasy told to you?
Regardless, YOU made the claim here.
It is on YOU to support your claim.

Now since I already know that you have nothing but lies, misinformation, quote mining, and wishful thinking to 'support' your claim, I am not going to hold my breath waiting for truth from you.
Since we all know who the father of lies is, it is not hard to see where your allegiances lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
The difference between the God of Yishrael and the other false gods is that our God has stand the test of time when it comes to answering people's prayers. Other false gods has faded away because they were proven false when people pray to them for help and they fail to help them. To this very hour, our God is answering prayers and protecting those who are faithful and true to His Words. Don't believe me?: Ask the Sons of Yishrael (aka Jews); not to mentioned millions of Christians and Muslims who keep some of His Words (aka Torah) as well. YAHWEH the One True God has stood the test of time above false gods because he answers prayers for millions of believers for over 6,000 years. :angel2:

You will be unhappy to note that Judaism comprises only a few million followers and even though Christianity supposedly has 2.1 billion followers, their numbers are way overstated in Europe. For example according to the official estimates given in the CIA factbook 83-88% of French are Roman Catholic, 2% are protestant, 1% are jewish, 5-10% are Muslim and 4% are unaffiliated. Yet according to the eurometer poll which polled every european nation, only 34% of French believe in a God at all, 27% believe in only a great spirit or life force, and 33% don't believe in any spirit or life force.
Eurobarometer.jpg

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/fr.html
Talking to people who lived there, the French populace is described as far less Christian than that of the US and very atheistic, and yet according to national French "statistics", about as many French believe in God as Americans, and only 5% are unaffiliated while 15% are unaffiliated in the US.

Christianity in the world is declining proportionally in the world because many places that are very Christian are not growing very fast, and they are becoming more and more secular. Soon the day may come when Christianity will only be a Latin American thing. Islam is the religion that is standing the test of time so far, and many other religions are doing just fine.

The reason Christianity became the dominant religion is because the European Christians conquered and colonizes almost the entire world at at least one point in time including all the the western hemisphere, and all of Africa.
ColonialPossessionsOfWorldP.gif

history-of-north-america0.gif

OneThatGotAway

Evolution is a man-made fantasy.

Ah, so you are just mindlessly repeating some fantasy told to you? Regardless, YOU made the claim here. It is on YOU to support your claim.

Sure, I'll respond to your mindless accusation. :sarcastic
From the words of Dr. Kent Hovind in a debate with Michael Shermer:

"#1 “Myth”: Why aren’t apes evolving into humans?

"Michael states that creationists say, “If humans came from apes, why aren’t apes evolving into humans?” His answer is that this is not really what evolution teaches, but rather that apes and humans have a common ancestor. This answer is a feeble attempt to draw attention away from the bigger issue: Nobody has ever seen ANY plant or animal (including apes and humans) produce ANYTHING other than their own kind. Dogs produce dogs, humans produce humans and apes produce apes WITHOUT EXCEPTION! If Michael wants to believe apes and humans have a common ancestor, that is fine; but neither he nor anyone else should claim this is SCIENCE."

"Every farmer on planet earth throughout all of recorded history has counted on evolution NOT happening! When the farmers plant corn, they expect (and get) CORN—EVERY TIME!"

"I told Michael he is right to be skeptical of UFOs and other paranormal subjects he often criticizes, but I can’t figure out why he would not be skeptical of his own evolution religion, which teaches everything came from nothing for no reason by no Creator. Why would he not be skeptical of the wild idea that animals can change (slowly or quickly) into different kinds of animals when there is NO scientific evidence that this even CAN happen, let alone evidence that it did happen?"

#2 “Myth”: Too many gaps in the fossil record

"This one is amazing to me. He claims that critics of evolution say: “There are too many gaps in the fossil record for evolution to be true.” His answer is: “In fact, there are lots of intermediate fossils. Archaeopteryx, for example, is one of the earliest known fossil birds with a reptilian skeleton and feathers …”
"Michael, shame on you! First, there is no such thing as a “fossil record.” There are billions of bones in the ground but no “record.” Some people put their interpretation on those bones but NONE have dates on them when they are found and none can talk. The very existence of fossils is evidence of a worldwide flood! Fossils don’t form in any quantity today even though millions of animals die every year."

"Secondly, archeopteryx is NOT evidence for evolution! Only six skeletons have been found, all from the same quarry. There is plenty of evidence they are 100% bird, similar to the hoatzin flying around South America today. There are also many who think the archeopteryx fossils have been tampered with and are fraudulent. See my seminar, Part 4, for LOTS more on this and the other supposed “missing links” used as evidence for evolution."

"Third, fossils are simply bones in the dirt. You cannot prove those animals had ANY offspring, let alone DIFFERENT offspring. Why should we believe the bones in the dirt can do something that NO animal on earth today can do—produce something other than their kind?"

#3 “Myth”: Fossil record does not show gradual change

"This one deals with the common complaint that the “fossil record” does not show gradual change. His answer is that the change was rapid “in a process called punctuated equilibrium.” The idea is that evolution happened so fast that no evidence was preserved. Try THAT in any court of law: “Your Honor, we don’t have any evidence so that proves it happened!”

"It looks to me like there are only two options in Michael’s (and most evolutionist’s) mind:
* Evolution happened slowly (Darwin’s theory) or
* Evolution happened rapidly (Steven Gould and Niles Eldridge’s theory).

"There is a third choice, Michael: Evolution didn’t happen AT ALL! This leaves the only logical option being Creation. That choice brings with it some serious baggage that you seem to be desperately trying to avoid—a CREATOR."

There IS a Creator

"Well, accept it! There is a Creator and He WILL be the Judge of the world soon! He has a record of every word (Matthew 12:36) and every deed (Romans 2:6) and even every thought (Hebrews 4:12) of everyone on earth and will bring everything into judgment (Hebrews 9:27)." :bow:

Therefore, I stand by my previous post:
"I did not make up this fantasy; therefore, I am not the one who should "Back It Up". It wasn't me that said that man descended from apes; but evolutionists: That is pure fantasy without scientific evidence! :eek:

OneThatGotAway

Originally Posted by OneThatGotAway

You will be unhappy to note that Judaism comprises only a few million followers and even though Christianity supposedly has 2.1 billion followers, their numbers are way overstated in Europe. For example according to the official estimates given in the CIA factbook 83-88% of French are Roman Catholic, 2% are protestant, 1% are jewish, 5-10% are Muslim and 4% are unaffiliated. Yet according to the eurometer poll which polled every european nation, only 34% of French believe in a God at all, 27% believe in only a great spirit or life force, and 33% don't believe in any spirit or life force.

Despite CIA's estimates, millions of believers of the three Aebrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have their prayers answered daily because they believe in God and obey his commandments. Are there any CIA estimates on how many prayers are answered for Muslims, Christians, and Jews in Asia, Africa, Australia, North America, and South American? France and Europe are just a small part of a bigger religious Aebrahamic Religious Pie. :yes: