• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does god already have your life planned

Lain

If you believe in a god, do you believe that god already has your life planned out?

Yes, I believe that, and in my opinion Scripture says the same: "The heart of man disposeth his way: but the Lord must direct his steps. The steps of man are guided by the Lord: but who is the man that can understand his own way?" Not only there but in many other places.

There is an excellent metaphor someone wrote about a map concerning this subject, if I am able to find it again I will edit this message and append that to it.

"God is the cartographer, and God has mapped out the entire future. However, the map is invisible looking ahead. The map becomes progressively visible as the traveler moves forward into the future. The map is retrospectively visible, but never prospectively visible. So he's always going where the map directs, but he doesn't know that in advance. The roadmap was always there, in meticulous detail, but it can only be seen with the benefit of hindsight, like a passenger seated facing the rear window. In this sense, the traveler is backing into the future. He seems to be traveling blind, yet his every step was mapped out."

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, I believe that, and in my opinion Scripture says the same: "The heart of man disposeth his way: but the Lord must direct his steps. The steps of man are guided by the Lord: but who is the man that can understand his own way?" Not only there but in many other places.

There is an excellent metaphor someone wrote about a map concerning this subject, if I am able to find it again I will edit this message and append that to it.
But, God doesn't write where you were to begin directing your steps.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
No.

As earth is O God the one planet a science thesis.

It's body reactive changes all the time can kill us all at any moment.

Same as the heavens a reactive body. As if we sit inside of gods own machine. Waiting for change.

If you have to be scientific.

We knew God is natural is ever-changing. No control.

If we quote we came from unconditional love. Then we did. If we know God is not unconditional love as we get hurt. Then life is only evil in human presence by human choice.

I never chose for a brother or sister human to be evil minded. So how is it planned when personal self motivation owns the choice. Much of choice is about social behaviours.

If you want to preach it's karmic science cause is humans karma.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If you believe in a god, do you believe that god already has your life planned out?

I don't believe in a god, but that god already has my life planned.

Let's see what pulling on this string does...

This should be fun...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I genuinely do not know what this means. Do you mean "God doesn't write where you begin to direct your own steps"? Or something else?
God knows when anyone goes astray. Nobody has ever gone astray at his or her own birth.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Concerning their personal acts, I agree. No one has ever willed to go astray from God at birth (at least none that I know of).
What to say to that? That might be the very first time that someone has seemed to agree with me.

Lain

What to say to that? That might be the very first time that someone has seemed to agree with me.

I'll give you two: I agree with you that it may very well be the first time someone has seemed to agree with you. (I don't know, it might be, I doubt it, but it could be, so I agree.)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'll give you two: I agree with you that it may very well be the first time someone has seemed to agree with you. (I don't know, it might be, I doubt it, but it could be, so I agree.)
Oh so weird. It looks like one to me.

Lain

This should be fun...

That is my question to you concerning this statement: "I don't believe in a god, but that god already has my life planned."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, I do not believe that because that would mean that God determines everything we do in which case we would have no free will to choose. I believe that God knows what we will choose but this foreknowledge is not what causes us to do anything. We cause our life to unfold as it does by virtue of our own decisions and actions.

“Every act ye meditate is as clear to Him as is that act when already accomplished. There is none other God besides Him. His is all creation and its empire. All stands revealed before Him; all is recorded in His holy and hidden Tablets. This fore-knowledge of God, however, should not be regarded as having caused the actions of men, just as your own previous knowledge that a certain event is to occur, or your desire that it should happen, is not and can never be the reason for its occurrence.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 150

That does not mean that everything that happens to us is freely chosen. We do not choose our parents, where we were born, our heredity, and we do not choose accidents and injuries or diseases or our time of death. I think that some things happen because they were fated/predestined by God, but that does not mean that everything that happens to us is predestined.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Adam was given a choice, Not a planned out life.
Adam could live forever on Earth if he obeyed his God.
Adam freely chose to disobey his God.
If our lives were planned out there would be No reason for God to send Jesus to Earth for us.
Plus, please notice the number of 'saved/delivered/rescued' people is an Un-known number at the time of the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14; Revelation 7:9.
If planned out in advance the number would be known.
There also would be No need for Jesus to come to separate people if they were already separated at Jesus' coming Glory Time as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..................That does not mean that everything that happens to us is freely chosen. We do not choose our parents, where we were born, our heredity, and we do not choose accidents and injuries or diseases or our time of death. I think that some things happen because they were fated/predestined by God, but that does not mean that everything that happens to us is predestined.
I think King Solomon ( who was known for his God-given wisdom ) wrote that time and unforeseen things happen to all ( man and animal ) at Ecclesiastes 9:11.
So, where we are born, etc. is Not fate or predestined but simply by chance and unforeseen occurrences.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
............. Do you mean "God doesn't write where you begin to direct your own steps"? Or something else?
I find an interesting verse at Jeremiah 10:23 that it is Not in man to ' direct his step ' ( singular 'step' ).
Because man can't direct his step is why God had the Bible written for us, and why God sent Jesus to step in and to direct our 'step' so that we can be successful.

Lain

I find an interesting verse at Jeremiah 10:23 that it is Not in man to ' direct his step ' ( singular 'step' ).
Because man can't direct his step is why God had the Bible written for us, and why God sent Jesus to step in and to direct our 'step' so that we can be successful.

I agree. "If therefore the Son shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

rational experiences

Veteran Member

This should be fun...
Says. Scientist owning Multi machines yet directs the signals to human life.

Knowing a machine only equals a machine as machine to machine in science.

Used temple to temple machines to pyramid himself designed built owned controlled by his thoughts

Says AI existed human mind controlled contacts by machines programmed only by his thinking.

AI was caused is not in any satanist concept first or any God status.

Try to teach Satanists theists God in human life was all the cold states.

No life existed for Satan big bang moment a string from beginning to now.

Yet he says the string owns God's the cold moment. Cold is not a human we are warm blooded liars.