• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does evolution have any affect on your spirituality?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
All the sciences impact my religious path, as my path is largely derived from studying the sciences. An example of that is what has been coined "dark green religion" (see a thread I made about that a while back here - Dark Green Religion). That nature-centeredness is very core to my path, and very much emerges from studying sciences (aka, studying my gods), including but certainly not limited to biological evolution. Biology happens to be my background, so I am more well-educated on that than other sciences.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I reject totally the theory of evolution, so it has no impact on my faith.

Do you not find it ironic how the analytical skill set of those who reject science
too often mimics that of their distant kin?

monkeys.jpg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I reject totally the theory of evolution, so it has no impact on my faith.
If it leaves you wallowing in denial, self-deceit, willful ignorance, and intellectual dishonesty, then I would say that it infact has a rather large impact upon you, spiritually.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No more than Newtons laws of physics. Though I suppose the connection to nature is bolstered by ToE somewhat.

rusra02

Premium Member
I do not equate the theory of evolution with science. Rather, evidence mounts as time passes and real science is done, that the theory of natural selection operating on random mutations could not possibly be the cause for life's diversity. Information based things do not spring into existence without an intelligent designer. I am convinced by the scientific evidence that "the one who constructed all things is God." (Hebrews 3:4)

rusra02

Premium Member
If it leaves you wallowing in denial, self-deceit, willful ignorance, and intellectual dishonesty, then I would say that it infact has a rather large impact upon you, spiritually.
I think that, sadly, that is the case for those who blind themselves to the overwhelming evidence against the theory of evolution. These seem to have only rancor and personal attacks left to defend their theory against the onslaught of scientific discoveries that reveal the supreme intelligence necessary to create such wonders of life.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Evolution is an integral part of my spiritual view as shown in this image:

creation.png
That's an interesting image. Where did that come from? It has to be from a long time back as it has worms, insects, and reptiles coming before fish. Early 1900's? But in general I see things this way somewhat. Which modern school of thought produced it? Theosophy?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that, sadly, that is the case for those who blind themselves to the overwhelming evidence against the theory of evolution. These seem to have only rancor and personal attacks left to defend their theory against the onslaught of scientific discoveries that reveal the supreme intelligence necessary to create such wonders of life.
I know this is not a debate thread, but I will just gently tell you you are gravely in error in what you are saying here. You are being misinformed and misled by whatever sources of information is feeding this to you. It is blatantly wrong and easily falsifiable.

I will say this in this spirit of discussion. I believe in God, and I accept the Theory of Evolution which the overwhelming majority of qualified scientists accept, tested, and proved countless times. For me to deny that evidence is to deny God and not see God. Life unfolds like a blossom to reveal its Beauty. Evolution is the unfolding of God's creative Spirit. Creation didn't just happen at a point in the past. It is happening continuously.

Evolution does not deny God. It informs us about God on the pages of living scripture written in every plant, mineral, and animal, every particle, and every atom. All of nature is the "revealed word of God." Science is simply reading the letters on the pages of Life itself imprinted in everything which has been and is being born.

Last edited:

Brinne

Not a particularly large one. I don't think evolution is inherently at odds with my religious views and I believe Pope Francis expressed why very eloquently at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences in 2014.

rusra02

Premium Member
I know this is not a debate thread, but I will just gently tell you you are gravely in error in what you are saying here. You are being misinformed and misled by whatever sources of information is feeding this to you. It is blatantly wrong and easily falsifiable.

I will say this in this spirit of discussion. I believe in God, and I accept the Theory of Evolution which the overwhelming majority of qualified scientists accept, tested, and proved countless times. For me to deny that evidence is to deny God and not see God. Life unfolds like a blossom to reveal its Beauty. Evolution is the unfolding of God's creative Spirit. Creation didn't just happen at a point in the past. It is happening continuously.

Evolution does not deny God. It informs us about God on the pages of living scripture written in every plant, mineral, and animal, every particle, and every atom. All of nature is the "revealed word of God." Science is simply reading the letters on the pages of Life itself imprinted in everything which has been and is being born.
I'm sure you are convinced you are right about evolution. I am just as convinced I am right. Just as you feel I am being misinformed and misled, I feel that you are being misinformed and misled. I find it strange you believe God caused all life, including man, to arise from lower life forms. I find evolution incompatible with a Creator who has a purpose for mankind.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm sure you are convinced you are right about evolution. I am just as convinced I am right.
I know I have stronger evidence supporting my acceptance of the science. It's not about opinions being equal here. They are not. It's a matter of the weight of evidence. But again, this is not a debate thread.

I find it strange you believe God caused all life, including man, to arise from lower life forms. I find evolution incompatible with a Creator who has a purpose for mankind.
Why is this strange? Can't evolution be the way God creates? Why is that not possible?

Last edited: