• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does evolution have a purpose?

Does evolution have a purpose

• yes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • no

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Please provide the peer reviewed scientific articles that support this ridiculous incoherent assertions.
You need peer reviewed scientific articles that the DNA of gorillas, bonobos, and humans is close but not exact? Really??

YoursTrue

As before hot air with an ancient religious agenda. Again . . . any scientific peer reviewed article that support ridiculous assertions.
The evidence and conjectural assumptions prove, oh no not prove, but show that what you're asserting is untrue.

YoursTrue

As before hot air with an ancient religious agenda. Again . . . any scientific peer reviewed article that support ridiculous assertions.
Um what religious agenda is there to show those considered as messengers from God tell the truth for the Baha'i religious concepts?

YoursTrue

The Baha'i Faith believes in the harmony od science and religion, and it is not ancient. It supports a Theistic Naturalism and Theistic Evolution. God Created our physical existence naturally, and science simply is the physical knowledge of the physical existence Created naturally.

Human knowledge of our physical existence and knowledge of God evolve over time.
Ok please support your assertion that Baháʼu'lláh was telling the truth.

YoursTrue

Does it?
Are you saying that quantum mechanics does not predict that which relativity predicts?
i.e. they conflict with each other

I don't think that you are saying that, but perhaps you can explain this apparent contradiction further? ;)
I must say your signature quote from Psalm 23 is so beautiful. "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters." Such a blessing. -)

YoursTrue

"Conjectural assumptions?"
Yes. (That's what Darwinism is...guessing (assumptions) based on what are considered (assumed) to be steps of evoolution and relations thereof, such as chimpanzees and humans from what is termed as a 'common' ancestor.)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yes. (That's what Darwinism is...guessing (assumptions) based on what are considered (assumed) to be steps of evoolution and relations thereof, such as chimpanzees and humans from what is termed as a 'common' ancestor.)
It still remains you have no knowledge nor scientific references to justify the above statements based on your ancient religious agenda NOT science.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Ok please support your assertion that Baháʼu'lláh was telling the truth.

Yes the Baha;i Faith believes there is a Divine purpose, and God Created our physical existence naturally,

The Baha'i Faith believes in the harmony od science and religion, and it is not ancient. It supports a Theistic Naturalism and Theistic Evolution. God Created our physical existence naturally qirh a Divine purpose, and science simply is the physical knowledge of the physical existence Created naturally.

Human knowledge of our physical existence and knowledge of God evolve over time.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
The theory of evolution is not conjecture. You can guess, speculate and deny it all you like, but that is just your fear and ignorance. Your complaints are not based on evidence or understanding.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You can't "go back 1 billion years ago," that's ridiculous as if you 'know.' The rest is baloney.
We can go back actually to around 14 billion years, as that's what the cosmologists have done. One billion is a "drop in the bucket".

Anyway -- a more reasonable but obviously unanswerable question is if the Pope is really a heretic as has been claimed by a few, what do you think?
What does that have to do with what we're talking about as I'm not into religious bigotry nor name-calling.

The news has it that a Greek orthodox priest called Pope Francis a heretic. I know you don't care much.
Again, what's this all about? Are you going to demean my mother next?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You have faith in evolution as the reason we are here. (alive.) I have faith that God is the prime maker of life and that He exists. (He is...)
As repeatedly said by several here, one can accept the ToE and also believe in Divine creation as they simply are not mutually exclusive.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You know perfectly well that science is not guesswork. This has been explained to you multiple times.

YoursTrue

No, whales and humans were NOT always here. The evolved over time form previous species over billions of years like all life on earth by the 'objective verifiable evidence.'
Hmm at least you think/believe that whales and humans were not 'always here.' Good for you.

YoursTrue

You know perfectly well that science is not guesswork. This has been explained to you multiple times.
Theories are conjectural assumptions. Some make sense, some don't. I realize how people might think/believe all life came about by means of evolultion, starting by magic-type thing that set it going - conjectural assumption. Based on what is considered "evidence." But, of course, not proven to be -- true as in the proof of da theory.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Theories are conjectural assumptions. Some make sense, some don't. I realize how people might think/believe all life came about by means of evolultion, starting by magic-type thing that set it going - conjectural assumption. Based on what is considered "evidence." But, of course, not proven to be -- true as in the proof of da theory.
How many times have we explained to you what a theory is?