• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Christmas have anything to do with Christ?

Does Xmas (Christmas) have anything to do with Christ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeSavage

Yes,the KJV bible has many flaws, but my favorite scriptures in it though are: Exodus 6:3,Psalm 83:18.Isaiah 12:2; 26:4.
If you want accuracy, and accuracy is our only hope, try the Young's Literal Translation, the Orthodox Jewish Bible, or the New World Translation. Most all others are so misleading, it's quite dangerous to rely on them.

Was it a house or a manger.....were the Nuns wrong ???
Was Matt wrong ? Well I'll be damned !
~
Get out the oils olive, I need a salad !
~
'mud

Jesus was born in a manger.This account is in Luke 2.Almost 15 months later the Magi arrived at Jesus' family's house.He was already a child with his mother.This account is in Matthew 2.

Last edited:
If you want accuracy, and accuracy is our only hope, try the Young's Literal Translation, the Orthodox Jewish Bible, or the New World Translation. Most all others are so misleading, it's quite dangerous to rely on them.
I use the NWT.Everything else, I use for references, or to help others compare scriptures.I also use the Emphatic Diaglott and the Greek interlinear translations.I use Young's also.I mess with Strong's concordance too.

MikeSavage

I use the NWT.Everything else, I use for references, or to help others compare scriptures.I also use the Emphatic Diaglott and the Greek interlinear translations.I use Young's also.I mess with Strong's concordance too.
Same actually. I have a 1940 copy of the Diaglott, and a digital one. Don't really use it a lot. Waiting for a new interlinear from the literature servant. Lost mine. Oh well. How are things anyway?

Same actually. I have a 1940 copy of the Diaglott, and a digital one. Don't really use it a lot. Waiting for a new interlinear from the literature servant. Lost mine. Oh well. How are things anyway?

I have a brand new 1942 edition Emphatic Diaglott blue book my brother,who is a ministerial servant, gave me..I also have the Greek Interlinear book.I have a digital copy of the 1864 Emphatic Diaglott as well.

Ps.I am doing well.Reading and studying like always.

sincerly

mud said:
I get a kick out the phrase: "The annointed ones".
To me that describes the unwashed vagabonds and near-do-wells that smelled like the sheep they walked with.
Nahhhhh....that's not a good description, they smelled like sweat and rain and spilled wine.
They perfumed themselves to the point of being.....well...you get the point.
Annointed....give me a break !!!
~
just a thought...no need to pursue.
~
'mud

Carpenter, fisherman, Rabbi. You're 'criticism' is nice but naysaying should remain a constantly themed pursuit, this is all over the map.
Personally, I think the 'man' Jesus was a fisherman.

Yes, it is all over the map(of the world). The "divine/man" came to seek and save. To the redeemed, the smell is pleasing, but to those who reject HIM, the smell is displeasing.

sincerly

That's all good and well, but the term "annointed ones" refers to those annointed with holy spirit, at the direction of Jesus, using God's holy spirit. Being so annointed, they became the first of the 144,000. The only ones from Earth to go to heaven. Naysay all you want, but it doesn't change the truth. If you want to turn your back on our sovereign ruler, God the Almighty, Jehovah of Armies, it's your choice, albeit a suicidal choice.

Mike, The scriptures say you are wrong. both Enoch and Elijah were taken to heaven long before Jesus Christ was born.
And the 144,000 of Rev.7 were not the only ones of earth to be in heaven.
(7:9) states this, """"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"''''
Therefore, the scriptures dispute the conclusions of the "Governing Body".

MikeSavage

I have a brand new 1942 edition Emphatic Diaglott blue book my brother,who is a ministerial servant, gave me..I also have the Greek Interlinear book.I have a digital copy of the 1864 Emphatic Diaglott as well.

Ps.I am doing well.Reading and studying like always.
I haven't read a novel in years and years. I'm going through Watchtower compilations from 1960 now, and Awakes. I've read everything published by the Society since 1968 in the past two years. Whew!

MikeSavage

Mike, The scriptures say you are wrong. both Enoch and Elijah were taken to heaven long before Jesus Christ was born.
And the 144,000 of Rev.7 were not the only ones of earth to be in heaven.
(7:9) states this, """"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"''''
Therefore, the scriptures dispute the conclusions of the "Governing Body".
The governing body? A:) you are completely wrong about the governing body, and their functions. B:) Flesh cannot go to heaven, so you are wrong there also. Yes, the 144,000 are the only humans to go to heaven, so you are wrong there also. Try reading the scriptures you are referring to IN CONTEXT. Meaning, read several paragraphs and chapters ahead of and after those scriptures. Realize God doesn't lie, so your conclusions are wrong, and try to discern their meaning based on that fact. The great multitude will not go to heaven either. That is those who associate with and work with the annointed while they are alive. The great multitude is a metaphorical reference, in a vision given to John. Taking things that are metaphorical, as literal, and the reverse, will mess you up every time. That's what you've done in this case. Try also not letting religion influence your understanding of scriptures. They don't have a clue, and in most cases, lie about it. Take the scriptures on their own merit, have an honest heart, and pray for understanding before you STUDY, not just read the scriptures. Then see if you can understand them. I am sure it will make a huge difference.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They are just like you and me.......
Your denegration of them is unwarranted, as it most likely comes from the false teachings of false religions. .
I have asked JWs on forum many times why they call what I do, which is disagree, "denigrate". They won't answer me. Will you? Please.

MikeSavage

I have asked JWs on forum many times why they call what I do, which is disagree, "denigrate". They won't answer me. Will you? Please.
Denigrate means to put down, to put in a bad light, to cut down, to disparage and to revile. All of that is non-scriptural behavior. Many people, not just God's witnesses use the word.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have and I do brother.I pray,read and study daily.That is why my name is Bible Student.I beg Him for understanding and He has revealed much.I compare scripture and read excessively.I see what the word of God says and then I see who is doing what He truly commands.It is very easy to see who is really representing God and doing what He commands.
Beware of praying for understanding God's Word YOUR WAY.
Denigrate means to put down, to put in a bad light, to cut down, to disparage and to revile. All of that is non-scriptural behavior. Many people, not just God's witnesses use the word.
They have been wrong about some things before. You know that or you should know that. If they are wrong about something and someone disagrees that is "putting them in a bad light" but if they ARE wrong, then they ARE in a bad light. Why not?

Last edited:

MikeSavage

Beware of praying for understanding God's Word YOUR WAY.

They have been wrong about some things before. You know that or you should know that. If they are wrong about something and someone disagrees that is "putting them in a bad light" but if they ARE wrong, then they ARE in a bad light. Why not?
I disagree completely. The witnesses have constantly striven to refine their understanding of the scriptures. In the past they have believed things, that after much additional scrutiny, have had a better understanding of them, and realized that they were not quite correct on some things. They constantly work very hard to completely understand, accurately, what each word of the scriptures means. What God intended to impart to us. Their understanding is not tainted by religion, all of which is called false in the scriptures. Their understanding comes ONLY from studying the scriptures constantly, over and over, and cross comparing them to all other scriptures, and coming to as complete an understanding as can be attained by men, guided by holy spirit. They are as imperfect as all other human beings. Are you claiming that you are not imperfect?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I disagree completely. The witnesses have constantly striven to refine their understanding of the scriptures. In the past they have believed things, that after much additional scrutiny, have had a better understanding of them, and realized that they were not quite correct on some things. They constantly work very hard to completely understand, accurately, what each word of the scriptures means. What God intended to impart to us. Their understanding is not tainted by religion, all of which is called false in the scriptures. Their understanding comes ONLY from studying the scriptures constantly, over and over, and cross comparing them to all other scriptures, and coming to as complete an understanding as can be attained by men, guided by holy spirit. They are as imperfect as all other human beings. Are you claiming that you are not imperfect?
Fine but you did not answer my question. Why do you call disagreeing with them denigrate ?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
*climbs up onto pontoon boat*

MikeSavage

Fine but you did not answer my question. Why do you call disagreeing with them denigrate ?
I didn't. You did. I said that disparaging, or putting down, or putting one in a bad light is what denigrate means. When you do that to God's named people, those who do His will, you are actually disparaging God Himself, not His people. Not His Earthly organization, His witnesses. He did say "you will be my witnesses" after all. I know you dislike JW's with a passion, and I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to trap me into an absurd argument. I won't fall for it. I will help you if you want, but I won't give you an easy target.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I didn't. You did. I said that disparaging, or putting down, or putting one in a bad light is what denigrate means. When you do that to God's named people, those who do His will, you are actually disparaging God Himself, not His people. Not His Earthly organization, His witnesses. He did say "you will be my witnesses" after all. I know you dislike JW's with a passion, and I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to trap me into an absurd argument. I won't fall for it. I will help you if you want, but I won't give you an easy target.
One wonders why your god requires you to defend him..?
Is not your god all powerful?
Perhaps you god is not nearly as offended by things as you seem to think he is?

MikeSavage

One wonders why your god requires you to defend him..?
Is not your god all powerful?
Perhaps you god is not nearly as offended by things as you seem to think he is?
"My God?" He is our God. He created all of us, and everything that exists. Offended? I don't think He is offended. He is sad for what people do. He is sad for what Satan caused to happen. He is sad because Satan opposed Him. Defend Him? Who is defending Him? I see no evidence of that. What I see is people trying to help those such as yourself.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
"My God?" He is our God. He created all of us, and everything that exists. Offended? I don't think He is offended. He is sad for what people do. He is sad for what Satan caused to happen. He is sad because Satan opposed Him. Defend Him? Who is defending Him? I see no evidence of that. What I see is people trying to help those such as yourself.
You can beat your chest all you like
You can scream it at the top of your lungs till you are blue in the face
you can jump up and down till your testicles finally descend
but he is YOUR god, not mine.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I did not say denigrate. I had to look it up. YOU said that what I do, which is have a difference of opinion, is PUTTING THEM DOWN. I am asking how does my having an opinion about Bible scripture mean putting down anyone?

I feel like I am talking in a storm. Oh! My name. Sorry about that.