• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Christmas have anything to do with Christ?

Does Xmas (Christmas) have anything to do with Christ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
yes, through His inspired word. Absolutely. He speaks to us all that way. It's just that people, such as yourself, refuse to listen.

In other words, you interpreted things this way and now think you're absolutely right. Sure, whatever you say. :rolleyes:

MikeSavage

In other words, you interpreted things this way and now think you're absolutely right. Sure, whatever you say. :rolleyes:
Actually, I do not interpret scriptures. God said interpretation "belongs only to Him". The scriptures are plain and need no such interpreting (guessing). The context and cross comparison, and applying God's principles is all one needs to discern the accurate meaning of the scriptures. Oh, and an honest heart, and keeping the filter of religion out of the picture. Religion does not tell the truth.

sincerly

sincerly said:
To each his own.

Thats not how God views it.

Mike, GOD hasn't stated that birthdays were not to be celebrated. That "opinion" in your "faith"/congregation is dictated by the "governing bodies" approved decision. and a misunderstanding of the scriptures.

GOD does disapprove of many things and has specifically expressed such in the Scriptures---one doesn't have to guess/suppose/fabricate to build a decision which GOD did not express. That was done with the observance of Birthdays.
GOD specified the "pagan" practices which were an abomination to HIM---and HE listed a lot of practices which are contrary to HIS Laws of Love.

Everyone will choose to obey or disobey that which is in conflict with HIS WILL.

MikeSavage

sincerly said:
To each his own.

Mike, GOD hasn't stated that birthdays were not to be celebrated. That "opinion" in your "faith"/congregation is dictated by the "governing bodies" approved decision. and a misunderstanding of the scriptures.

GOD does disapprove of many things and has specifically expressed such in the Scriptures---one doesn't have to guess/suppose/fabricate to build a decision which GOD did not express. That was done with the observance of Birthdays.
GOD specified the "pagan" practices which were an abomination to HIM---and HE listed a lot of practices which are contrary to HIS Laws of Love.

Everyone will choose to obey or disobey that which is in conflict with HIS WILL.
Are you drinking? Or are you that delusional and haughty? God's inspired word DOES indicate in several ways that birthday celebrations are something He doesn't approve of at all. It is not "opinion", it is scriptural truth and fact. My faith is the one true faith that Jesus was born to spread, and the congregation is what he started the night prior to his death. The governing body does not "dictate" ANYTHING, ever, and there is absolutely no misunderstanding of the scriptures in God's Earthly organization, the congregation Jesus began. You simply ignore most of what God said, what Jesus said, and what the will of God is, that we are required to perform. Your claims do not make them true. In fact your claims indicate great ignorance about God, and what His inspired word teaches us. God said ALL THINGS PAGAN, not just this one and that one, are unclean, and to not touch the unclean thing. It's your life you are throwing away, and you are free to do it. But don't try to convince me or anyone else of your false beliefs about the scriptures and about God. Keep your suicide to yourself.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Actually, I do not interpret scriptures. God said interpretation "belongs only to Him". The scriptures are plain and need no such interpreting (guessing). The context and cross comparison, and applying God's principles is all one needs to discern the accurate meaning of the scriptures. Oh, and an honest heart, and keeping the filter of religion out of the picture. Religion does not tell the truth.

WHAT! LOL! You have got to be kidding? First off, they are translations, and we have shown translation problems. Second - we know some of the verses were inserted, or changed, - this from Biblical Scholars.

MikeSavage

WHAT! LOL! You have got to be kidding? First off, they are translations, and we have shown translation problems. Second - we know some of the verses were inserted, or changed, - this from Biblical Scholars.

Wrong. You are probably referring to a translation that has deliberate mistranslations, as there are many.
Verses in THEM are inserted and changed, yes. I use no such mistranslations. There exist three translations that are literal and accurate as compared to the original texts available to us today. Listening to "Biblical scholars" is tantamount to listening to Satan. I don't do that either. You have at it. I choose to listen to God, not men.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational

And that's why there are more than 40,000 distinct sects of Christianity, because interpretation of the Bible is so obvious. :rolleyes:

MikeSavage

And that's why there are more than 40,000 distinct sects of Christianity, because interpretation of the Bible is so obvious. :rolleyes:
No, there are sects of Christianity (but they're not actually Christian), because prophecy says those false religions will come to be.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Wrong. You are probably referring to a translation that has deliberate mistranslations, as there are many.
Verses in THEM are inserted and changed, yes. I use no such mistranslations. There exist three translations that are literal and accurate as compared to the original texts available to us today. Listening to "Biblical scholars" is tantamount to listening to Satan. I don't do that either. You have at it. I choose to listen to God, not men.
Just because most people voted with you doesn't mean you're correct. There are many factions trying to take the meaning out of our ancient customs, join the group. But it won't work, it never has. Our celebrations are holding out against the people claiming they are purely secular, to people claiming they are solely 'pagan', but it hasn't stopped us from celebrating traditionally, in the manner done long before the various 'naysayers' started chiming in.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, there are sects of Christianity (but they're not actually Christian), because prophecy says those false religions will come to be.
Do you realize all God's prophesies MUST come true because God is The Highest ONE. So you are saying God Who IS Love prophesied false religion which GOD shall destroy in a Great tribulation. Hear?

MikeSavage

Just because most people voted with you doesn't mean you're correct. There are many factions trying to take the meaning out of our ancient customs, join the group. But it won't work, it never has. Our celebrations are holding out against the people claiming they are purely secular, to people claiming they are solely 'pagan', but it hasn't stopped us from celebrating traditionally, in the manner done long before the various 'naysayers' started chiming in.
It is not ancient customs to which we are to adhere, it is God's inspired scriptures. I couldn't care less about votes. What do you mean by "work"? You are free to turn your back on God. I, however, will never do that. The scriptures are all we need. We must live on every utterance of God in order to be a part of His Kingdom. Failure to do so means not being included in that Kingdom. Your choice. Your post clearly indicates what your choice is. I hope you're happy with that choice, but I feel, in the end, you won't be. Not my problem. The scriptures clearly and repeatedly tell us what is acceptable to God, and what is not. They tell us what to do and what not to do. My choice is to do God's will. Yours clearly is not. We do have that choice. You made yours, I made mine. I stated what God's will for us is. You stated the opposite. Enjoy yourself. But, having ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to what God's will is, do not make judgements about whether I am correct or not, because you have no way of knowing that at all. Your false religion may teach you that their teachings are true, they are not. You still sop them up like biscuits in gravy and defend them, not actually knowing whether they are true or not. That isn't honest. Over 40 years of scrutinizing and studying God's word, and seeing them work like a Swiss watch, has shown me that I am indeed correct, as are the other 8 plus million ministers of God with whom I associate. You, however, must guess at(interpret) the meaning of the scriptures. Once again, that's a choice.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What I mean is that God's inspired word says that. Stop with your religion induced prejudice against God's Named People, His Earthly organization. The only ones on Earth doing His will. The same will you are supposed to be doing, but refuse to.

I'd rather not serve your God. My Gods are much more interesting, and better at parties.

Why is it that only a handful of us chosen and true believers, follow the "correct" truth. So many people refuse to hear the "true" word of the Gods.

It's a shame really.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You have a prejudice given you by your religion.
Kettle, meet pot.

Of course next comes your denial...

Interesting how you have merely shown how your beliefs differ.

In order to show he, or anyone else who disagrees with your interpretation, is wrong, you have to show you are right.

Oops.
you refuse to support your claims.
Nevermind

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think you should know that to judge wrong what someone else does is dangerous as no one is perfect and everyone does something wrong. It is wise to mind your own business. If in fact you are wrong about your own self righteousness then you condemn yourself by condemning others.

LAlan56

An idea from another thread, does Xmas have anything to do with Christ?

Just vote and comment if you want.
Christmas was created by the Catholic Church out of a Pagan celebration in order to make the Pagan convert not feel ostracized. It was designed as a celebration of Christ first Advent, but there is no Scriptural authority for it and based on indications within the Scriptures it is also the wrong time of year.

The holiday is mostly commercial in scope today.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Christmas is celebration of Vernal Equinox pushed back by three months due to precession of Equinoxes.

Around 4,000 BC, it used to be the beginning of the year for Indo-European people - Dies Natalis Solis Invicti - when the sun reappeared after the winter night. The slipping back of months is clearly mentioned in Hindu scriptures (Taittiriya Samhita, which was composed sometime around 2,200 BC).

Last edited: