• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does being left-handed make a person more moral than someone who is right-handed?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Some people might argue that righties are just as moral as lefties, but I’m a little skeptical about that. There’s nothing more evil than growth economics and global monopoly games, and most of the people promoting those are right-handed. Then can there be any doubt that right-handed people are morally impaired?

Because of the disadvantages that they’ve lived with all their lives, it seems to me that left-handed people can recognize injustices more easily, and will be more motivated to try to remedy them.

If everything in life is easy, then why care at all about people who don’t have it so easy?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
If you really want to be moral you could become Buddhist and practice the Middle Handed way...

Reactions: Jim

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Being "gauche" myself, I think you might be on to something here. We ought to put us lefties in charge of things for a while.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I thought it made no difference what hand you used so i googled it.

It seems being left handed can be rather unhealthy.

The NYT has an article claiming left handers may live significantly shorter lives... Unfortunately it wants me to sign up before i read it, not going to happen but anyone who has an NYT subscription or wants one can read it here
Being Left-Handed May Be Dangerous To Life, Study Says

It may also impact on mental health outcomes
Why being left-handed matters for mental health treatment

And an interesting Wall Street Journal article
The Health Risks of Being Left-Handed

But a have found nothing about morality

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought it made no difference what hand you used so i googled it.

It seems being left handed can be rather unhealthy.

The NYT has an article claiming left handers may live significantly shorter lives... Unfortunately it wants me to sign up before i read it, not going to happen but anyone who has an NYT subscription or wants one can read it here
Being Left-Handed May Be Dangerous To Life, Study Says

It may also impact on mental health outcomes
Why being left-handed matters for mental health treatment

And an interesting Wall Street Journal article
The Health Risks of Being Left-Handed

But a have found nothing about morality
Prove these studies weren't made by biased righties...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes! We lefties shall rule the world! The world shall know the might of the left fist.
I always knew you are a Communist!!

40b68f3f64fc1ff23a1a12a656ef134b.jpg

In many cultures, the left hand is traditionally for wiping your arse, and so using it is considered rude in many situations (passing something, eating, etc.).

Being left-handed would be much less moral :oops: As such you get very few left handed people as they are trained as kids to use their right hand regardless.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It has been confirmed...

... The author of the OP has achieved prophet status...

My only question is: What's next, @Jim , what's next?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Some people might argue that righties are just as moral as lefties, but I’m a little skeptical about that. There’s nothing more evil than growth economics and global monopoly games, and most of the people promoting those are right-handed. Then can there be any doubt that right-handed people are morally impaired?

Because of the disadvantages that they’ve lived with all their lives, it seems to me that left-handed people can recognize injustices more easily, and will be more motivated to try to remedy them.

If everything in life is easy, then why care at all about people who don’t have it so easy?
In my opinion the most morally handed people are the ones for whom over 90% of all scissors are designed, plus those who are ambidextrous. Whoever that is has made the correct choice of hand.