• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone listen to the radio or podcasts?

Messianic Israelite

I thought it might be interesting to ask what radio shows people listen to, especially religious ones, or podcasts. I've just bookmarked one from my faith WMLK Radio . They have their own radio station where sermons are broadcasted every day. Do you listen to broadcasts from your faith, or if you just have an interest in faith, is there a station you listen to regularly?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I usually listen to the radio as a nostalgic thing, listening to the stations I grew up listening to in Indiana (primarily 98.9 the Bear (Fort Wayne)and 93.9X (Indianapolis) , although that was once X103.3).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sometimes we listen to PBS or a local classical music station in the car. Very occasionally if there's significant breaking news we'll listen to KCBS (all news) in the car.

Batya

Always Forward
We listen to VCY America radio, we don't have a station near us, but you can listen on the internet or over the phone. It's Christian radio, but the two shows we mainly listen to are the Worldview Weekend Radio broadcast and Crosstalk; those (especially the first one) mostly have to do with current events and such.
I also listen to NPR occasionally, although I don't really agree politically, they have some interesting things sometimes, and I often like the BBC programs.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes. I love to listen to the radio in the morning or before I fall asleep.
I listen to Radio Maria, the main Catholic radio station in my country.
As for politics, I listen to Radio Radicale, it broadcasts all the Parliament discussions, live.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
BBC Radio 6 Music is my favourite radio station

I also listen to Radio 2

I like the news and current affairs coverage on Radio 4 but detest the dramas and "comedies"

Erebus

There are a few podcasts I listen to that narrate horror stories:

Knifepoint Horror
Nosleep
Pseudopod
Tales to Terrify

I also really like Welcome to Night Vale. I'm not sure how best to describe that one other than that it's like listening to a local news station from a parallel universe.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I like talk radio as well.

I go between NPR, CBC, Rush Limbaugh, and in the past , Air America.

Yep, Randi Rhoades and the Late Ed Schultz.

I also liked the Buddhist Geeks podcast as well.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I listen to Radio 4 quite often during the day - some humorous and some discussion programmes or science mainly - and usually fall asleep to such (where it then switches to World Service). Perhaps it's where I get my biases from - imbibing such while I sleep. :oops:

I also use iPlayer for anything I might have missed.

Messianic Israelite

I listen to Radio 4 quite often during the day - some humorous and some discussion programmes or science mainly - and usually fall asleep to such (where it then switches to World Service). Perhaps it's where I get my biases from - imbibing such while I sleep. :oops:

I also use iPlayer for anything I might have missed.

Hi Mock Turtle. Good afternoon. haha, I know what you mean. I'll sometimes fall asleep listening to a broadcast but then I still pick up things while I'm sleeping. Thanks for sharing.