• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone know what this Hebrew word means?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please. It is untranslated in my reference information.

לָהֶ֑ם
It is transliterated lahem

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It's 3rd person masculine for "for them" or "to them".

Now, permit me a question: Why would anyone with an ounce of common sense ask such a question in the Seekers (as opposed to the Judaism) DIR?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's 3rd person masculine for "for them" or "to them".

Now, permit me a question: Why would anyone with an ounce of common sense ask such a question in the Seekers (as opposed to the Judaism) DIR?

Thank you! I hear you say I have an ounce of common sense. Haha

Why seekers? I am seeking the true meaning of God's Word.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Why seekers? I am seeking the true meaning of God's Word.

And I'm a Jew, but if I had a question about phlox I would likely post it in the "Garden Talk" Forum as opposed to the Judaism DIR. It seems to me that seeking is likely to be more effective when you give at least some minimal thought about where to look.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And I'm a Jew, but if I had a question about phlox I would likely post it in the "Garden Talk" Forum as opposed to the Judaism DIR. It seems to me that seeking is likely to be more effective when you give at least some minimal thought about where to look.

I appreciate you talking to me. I really did give it more than minimal thought. Whenever I go on RF I look at the Today's Posts page so according to my way, it really doesn't matter much where it is, does it? And also, the Judaism DIR is blue. Maybe someone who is not a Jew might have the answer.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
... perhaps 'accurate' might be better than 'good'.

For the sake of completeness I should add that the 2nd and 3rd person masculine plural is employed when the 'you' or 'they' in question is either masculine or mixed gender.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
If you have half the sense of humor that I suspect you do, I'd expect that you are vastly entertained by being referred to as an old curmudgeon.

I think he's holding out for a lox and spinach omelet.