• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone know what happened to the golden plates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

royol

And what is this rubbish about"source links"? if I gave you a source that let directly to God, you would say it was the wrong God so the source is "Bias".

Bishka

Veteran Member
And as far as I know, not a single person I've ever met or any member of the Church believes in this so-called 'salamander letter'.

Nothing from it is talked about, and I'm sure most members don't even know it happened unless they were alive during that time.

SoyLeche

meh...
royol said:
Did Mark Hofmann sell the Salamander Letter to the LDS or didn't he.
Apparently not

From Wikipedia:

Hinckley initially intended to purchase this document for over one million dollars, and add it to his organization's archives. However, this deal never happened, and the letter was auctioned around to various interested parties, including Anti-Mormons, for a high purchase price, but was instead sold to a private collector, Steven Christensen, who then donated it to the LDS church.

Bishka

Veteran Member
royol said:
And what is this rubbish about"source links"? if I gave you a source that let directly to God, you would say it was the wrong God so the source is "Bias".

No, when you provide a source it needs to be as bias-free as possible and that you have some proof to actually back up what you are saying.

If you intend to say something and count that as credible, you better have some sources.
In fact, in one simple click of the mouse, I provided this thread with an extemely non-biased source.

Stop lolly-gagging and get to the point of your inane chase.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Guess not Royol. Guess the Church never bought it, but if they had bought it, so what? What would that prove? Absolutley nothing, so stop chasing this part of the wind and try something else.

royol

Becky, it is not an inane chase, I asked a simple question about Mark Hofmann, and was told, he wasn't even born when the letter was brought to light, Question answered.
Not good enough for you, I am on a crusade against the LDS and should be stopped.
It is non of my business what you believe Becky, if it does you good believe what you like,and you are obviously happy being a LDS so be a good one.

Bishka

Veteran Member
royol said:
Becky, it is not an inane chase, I asked a simple question about Mark Hofmann, and was told, he wasn't even born when the letter was brought to light, Question answered.
Not good enough for you, I am on a crusade against the LDS and should be stopped.
It is non of my business what you believe Becky, if it does you good believe what you like,and you are obviously happy being a LDS so be a good one.
No you were told that the translation by Anton was written a long time before his birth, not the Salamander letter. Stop twisting what I say, it gets old after the first time.

So be a good one? What does that have to do with anything?

I'm not even sure what you are saying here, what is your purpose in this thread? To annoy?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Just to clarify the Salamander Letter and the translation of the language found in the Book of Mormon are two very seperate and distinct things.

Bishka

Veteran Member
royol said:
I named the Salamander letter.
We never stated that as evidence to the LDS Church Royol.

Try again.

You must really be at your wits end to try to suggest that we suggested that the Salamander Letter is evidence that the Church is true--which we never did!

Bishka

Veteran Member
royol said:
Whatever, shall we leave this now?

Whatever?

Is that all you have?

You can leave it wherever you'd like Royol, but as it stands, we still have the upper-hand as you have not yet been able to prove the different

royol

And you don't need to justify your beliefs to me or anyone else Becky,
you believe it so that's all that matters.
I get nothing but good vibes from every post you make, even when your mad at me.

Bishka

Veteran Member
royol said:
And you don't need to justify your beliefs to me or anyone else Becky,
you believe it so that's all that matters.
I get nothing but good vibes from every post you make, even when your mad at me.

I'm not justify my beliefs to you, I'm just pointing out your errors, misconceptions and fallacies.

Oh my, you are so amazing, are you a brother to blueman? You can tell my emotions and feelings from the simple text that I write? Call the government, call the news agencies, we have another miracle worker on our hands.

You have no clue whether I am mad, sad, happy or just plain bored--so don't try to interpret, it's a presumptive and rude.

Bishka

Veteran Member
royol said:
I'm sorry.

I should also apologize, it seems as if my words are conveying a different emotion then I am actually feeling.

I've been a bit rude and defensive, and called a few names.

I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.