• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone know what happened to the golden plates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishka

Veteran Member
blueman said:
References to Father, Son and Holy Spirit are frequent throughout the New Testament. Does the word trinity have to appear for you to believe in the deity associated with the Godhead (eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, holy, loving, merciful). All three members of the Godhead share these attributes and make up a unified God Almighty.
Yes, actually it does.

It never once says that the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit are all one person. It says they are one, but that could mean they are one in purpose, but darling, that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about the Golden Plates and the Book of Mormon.

SoyLeche

meh...
blueman said:
What do I have to restate? Written over a 1700 year period, by over 40 different authors, from different walks of life and the precision in which it was written based on the five themes I mentioned in my intial post. It has been supported by archeaology, it's prophecies continue to be fulfilled (the Old Testament prophecies related to Christ is the most amazing example). The fact that it is written in over 1/3 of the known languages in this world. No other book compares based on these facts.

I am curious regarding the BOM since the alleged origin of the book is stated to be written anywhere from 600 BC to 400 AD, but some of the scriptural passages seem to be analogous (with some content differences) to the style and verbatim language of the King James English Translation of the Holy Bible, which occurred in 1611??
OK, most of the BoM was written over a 1000 year period by various authors (parts were written up to 2000 years prior to this period) from different walks of life and the precision in which it was written based on the 5 themes you mentioned in your origional post. Not only is is internally consistant, but it corretlates perfectly with the books of the Bible. It has been supported by archeology and it's prophecies continue to be fulfilled. It has been translated into many of the known languages in this world (I'm not sure of the percentage).

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
blueman said:
Why don't you let Dan speak for himself. By the way, your are too emotional as well and have been so all through this thread.
Why don't you focus on matters of substance rather than engage in ad hominem?

Bishka

Veteran Member
blueman said:
Why don't you let Dan speak for himself. By the way, your are too emotional as well and have been so all through this thread.

Emotional. There you go again. You must be a master at this blueman, because you purport that you can tell peoples emotions through mere text, so tell me, what am I feeling now?

Sadness? Hatred? Rage? Happiness?

Your the expert you tell me.

Oh, and btw, Iike you to show me where I've been so emotional.

Also, instead of dodging the questions like you are so expertly trying to do, how about actually answering the question, why don't you?

blueman

God's Warrior
beckysoup61 said:
Yes, actually it does.

It never once says that the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit are all one person. It says they are one, but that could mean they are one in purpose, but darling, that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about the Golden Plates and the Book of Mormon.
I never said it was one being. There is one God represented by three spiritual beings (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). They are one because the possess the same attributes that I mentioned previously.

Bishka

Veteran Member
blueman said:
I never said it was one being. There is one God represented by three spiritual beings (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). They are one because the possess the same attributes that I mentioned previously.

Like I said before, stick to the questions that are relevant to this thread please. If you would like to argue, debate, discuss, etc. another topic, make a thread about it.

blueman

God's Warrior
beckysoup61 said:
Like I said before, stick to the questions that are relevant to this thread please. If you would like to argue, debate, discuss, etc. another topic, make a thread about it.
I just clarified an issue you raised. It was you who went off course initially, but that's not an issue.

Bishka

Veteran Member
blueman said:
I just clarified an issue you raised. It was you who went off course initially, but that's not an issue.

Actually it was your comment that made me raise a question (and I'll admit to going off-topic every now and then), about the nature of the Godhead. So you can blame me as much as you want, but you are at fault to, for much of the off-topic discussion in this thread.

Again, I will redirect this topic to

THE GOLDEN PLATES AND THE BOOK OF MORMON

blueman

God's Warrior
Jayhawker Soule said:
Why don't you focus on matters of substance rather than engage in ad hominem?
Have you followed this thread or are you just chiming in to be heard?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Funny thing, the title of this thread is "Does anyone know what happened to the golden plates?"

That can, and has been answered in a word: No. And 112 posts later, it's still the answer. Is anybody besides me wondering how much longer this is going to go on?

Bishka

Veteran Member
blueman said:
Have you followed this thread or are you just chiming in to be heard?

Darling, I'd ask you the same question. Now, would you stop sloppily dodging the questioins and evidence and actually backup your claims instead of insulting others and going extremley off-topic?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Katzpur said:
Funny thing, the title of this thread is "Does anyone know what happened to the golden plates?"

That can, and has been answered in a word: No. And 112 posts later, it's still the answer. Is anybody besides me wondering how much longer this is going to go on?

Sorry Kathryn, I'm having too much fun pointing out bluemans inconsistencies....:sorry1:

blueman

God's Warrior
SoyLeche said:
OK, most of the BoM was written over a 1000 year period by various authors (parts were written up to 2000 years prior to this period) from different walks of life and the precision in which it was written based on the 5 themes you mentioned in your origional post. Not only is is internally consistant, but it corretlates perfectly with the books of the Bible. It has been supported by archeology and it's prophecies continue to be fulfilled. It has been translated into many of the known languages in this world (I'm not sure of the percentage).
HMM, sounds rather familiar in scope to the Holy Bible. I wonder why while having many glaring differences regarding the nature of God and Jesus Christ. That is where my level of doubt exists as it relates to it's origin and subsequent translation by Joseph Smith and then those dreaded golden plates? I'll do some more research.

Bishka

Veteran Member
blueman said:
HMM, sounds rather familiar in scope to the Holy Bible. I wonder why while having many glaring differences regarding the nature of God and Jesus Christ. That is where my level of doubt exists as it relates to it's origin and subsequent translation by Joseph Smith and then those dreaded golden plates? I'll do some more research.

Why are the golden plates so 'dreaded' to you?

blueman

God's Warrior
beckysoup61 said:
Sorry Kathryn, I'm having too much fun pointing out bluemans inconsistencies....:sorry1:
What inconsistencies might that be? I raised a plausible issue relevant to this thread.......Could it be that the golden plates never existed and the credibility and integrity of the pioneer of the LDS Church. It's just a thought, but a plausible and relevant one.

Bishka

Veteran Member
blueman said:
What inconsistencies might that be? I raised a plausible issue relevant to this thread.......Could it be that the golden plates never existed and the credibility and integrity of the pioneer of the LDS Church. It's just a thought, but a plausible and relevant one.

You really want me to go over all your faults on a public forum?:rolleyes:

I'd rather not, but focus on the issue at hand.

You have given one shred of evidence of why the plates could not exist, we've given several, and many things to do with historical and archaelogical things.

How about addressing those instead of sidestepping the issue?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
blueman said:
What inconsistencies might that be? I raised a plausible issue relevant to this thread.......Could it be that the golden plates never existed and the credibility and integrity of the pioneer of the LDS Church. It's just a thought, ...
... though somewhat less than a coherent sentence. Nevertheless, to the question ...
Could it be that the golden plates never existed?
... I suggest that the obvious though underwhelming answer in "Yes". Similarly, to the question ...
Could it be that the virgin birth and resurrection never existed?
... I suggest that one could also answer "Yes" with full justification. Now, can you demonstrate to me why the existential possibility of the former is less than that of the latter?

blueman

God's Warrior
beckysoup61 said:
You really want me to go over all your faults on a public forum?:rolleyes:

I'd rather not, but focus on the issue at hand.

You have given one shred of evidence of why the plates could not exist, we've given several, and many things to do with historical and archaelogical things.

How about addressing those instead of sidestepping the issue?
So I am going to provide you with evidence that the plates never existed, just like your going to provide evidence that they did? As I mentioned on more than one time in which you obviously ignored, I will analyze the numerous links Dan provided an respond accordingly. If you don't agree with what I have raised as being a possibility, that's fine. I can understand why you would'nt agree. You raise the issue of inconsistency. I think I've been rather consistent regarding my opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.