• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone here play Doom?

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Doom and Quake. God those were the days.

No hand holding, no arrows or icons showing where the baddies are, no health regenerate, just a mad search for that healthpack and weapons in hope that you don't get killed and have to restart the level.
And in the case of Doom, running against the walls jamming ctrl in hopes of opening a secret door, that maybe, just maybe has a new gun.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I got re-addicted for a while last year when I found a free download for the original DOOM online. :thumbsup:
...............Free......................online....................download.............
Avast, ye scurvy sea dog!

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I never played the original, only the 2016 remake. Man, was that a good game! Speaking of which, this thread makes me want to play it again. I'll probably be gone for the rest of the month on a Ultra-Nightmare difficulty run. Wish me luck.

Took me ages to beat it on Ultra nightmare but worth the grueling challenge.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Man, do I love Doom. I'm talking about the original 1993 game, and it's pretty fun, especially when you play it online with other players.

View attachment 20814
I played the '95 version
it came with the computer we bought

I finally made it all the way through
but the swing of the landscape on a small view screen screwed with my peripherals
sooooooo bad!!!!

used to get dizzy