• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone here like ASMR? And who is/are your favorite ASMRist(s)?

Euronymous

SSilence
Hey there, another thread here. This thread is about, of course, ASMR. Now, some of you might be scratching
your heads at the term "ASMR". Well, if you don't know what it is, then let me explain:

ASMR is an abbreviation for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response; it was coined by some person, I don't know who, around the late 2000s/early 2010s.

Now that I got that out of the way, do you like ASMR? And do you have any favorite ASMRists?

I enjoy ASMR and find it to be very relaxing, and my favorite ASMRist is Ephemeral Rift.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've never heard of this before. Do you have links that particularly call to you?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Hey there, another thread here. This thread is about, of course, ASMR. Now, some of you might be scratching
your heads at the term "ASMR". Well, if you don't know what it is, then let me explain:

ASMR is an abbreviation for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response; it was coined by some person, I don't know who, around the late 2000s/early 2010s.

Now that I got that out of the way, do you like ASMR? And do you have any favorite ASMRists?

I enjoy ASMR and find it to be very relaxing, and my favorite ASMRist is Ephemeral Rift.

Do these ASMRists actually trigger a ASMR response in you?

I tried listen to some stuff on Youtube but it didn't seem to work for me.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it similar to the "nails on a chalkboard" feeling?

I Googled it and have been listening to this...

...with earbuds in but I wouldn't exactly call the sensation that I'm experiencing 'tingling.' ;)

socharlie

I've never heard this term but I had this experience many times , most powerful were in several California Missions ( Father Junipero Serra) and listening this

and some other pieces of music.

Last edited:

Euronymous

SSilence
I've never heard this term but I had this experience many times , most powerful were in several California ( Father Junipero Serra) and listening this

and some other pieces of music.

Yeah, I recommend you to check out ASMR if you're interested in it. I think the best ASMRists are Ephemeral Rift, as mentioned before; ASMR Darling; and some other talented ASMRers.

But yeah, check it out if you're intrigued.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Is it similar to the "nails on a chalkboard" feeling?

I Googled it and have been listening to this...

...with earbuds in but I wouldn't exactly call the sensation that I'm experiencing 'tingling.' ;)
I only got to the :41 mark.... *sigh*

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Not really a big fan of asmr, but hey some people like that sort of thing so more power to ya. But what really gets my gears grinding is the food asmr's. People recording themselves eating different textured foods, smacking and chomping away, it's just gross.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I must be broken. No tingles despite listening to the most 'intence' ASMR videos.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Kind of reminds me of Musashi's book of Five Rings depicting battles of obscure European Wars in a little town called Rat****s.

It sounded a lot like Gremlins drowning themselves in a bathtub.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
ASMR is effective for me but it triggers me to easily. Nothing annoys me more than a person who cannot speak up