• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone believe in Evolution anymore?

Audie

Veteran Member
“Evolution” means different things to different people and in different contexts. It looks to me like what you mean by it here is “humans and all other species all have common ancestors in one or a few microscopic species that lived millions of years ago.” I don’t see any reason to think that people believe that now any less than ever before. There might be more questioning now about precisely how that happened, but not about whether it’s true or not.

Wishful thinking from a very obviously ill informed individual.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I followed your link, and all I see the article saying is that there is no geological record of gradual changes from one species to another, and that there is no widely accepted explanation of how new species have evolved from previous ones. No one is questioning the idea that new species have appeared that never existed before. If you’re saying that people believe less now than they did before, that it happened by natural processes, I didn’t see that anywhere in the article.

If you’re saying that people believe less now than they did before, that humans and all other forms of life have common ancestors in some microscopic life forms that lived millions of years ago, or that people believe less now than they did before, that it has happened by natural processes, where have you seen that? Can you give me a link?