• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anybody on here like dark nights?Were you can see all the stars?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes. As a child it could get very dark on moonless nights but i never appreciated it. Since then I have lived in several and around several cities in the UK with lots of light pollution, only the brightest stars are visible there.

Now i live in a small village in rural France, they turn the street lights out at 10pm.

Its nice to relax on the veranda looking at the stars before bed

The Crimson Universe

Oh yes. I used to stargaze back in my old house. Loved watching the constellation Orion from my bedroom window. The moment i used to find some unknown bright star in the night sky i used to turn on my laptop, open the app 'Stellarium' and it showed which stars are present in which portion of the sky. Then i used to run back to the rooftop to see if the stars in the sky are in the exact same areas as reported by the app. Here where i stay the skies remain mostly clear in summer. Even though i have a poor eyesight, i was able to see with the help of my glasses most of the bright stars like Vega, Sirius etc. The app even helped me find the constellation Draco and the star cluster Pleiades in the night sky. It was a real fun experience. :)

Last edited:

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
Does anybody on here like dark nights?Were you can see all the stars?I do.:)
It's the best 5 senses thing we get to experience here to me, unless you count sexual euphoria, and then it's 2nd, but these 2 gap the 3rd thing a lot. Only the ineffable non physical side has anything to offer that's even better than these.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Where I live it is too urban, and too wet, and too cloudy. I was very excited for the eclipse since it went from rainy to clearing up during the day. But then at night when the eclipse was about to start It was *&$**@!! rainy again. Then towards the end of the eclipse it was miraculously clearing. But not to the !%$ #$#@$ %%@%@ east where the Moon is. Luckily there were no weathemen in my yard so none of them were harmed.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Kind of. I love how beautiful the sky is. But I dont feel safe walking alone at night

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Does anybody on here like dark nights?Were you can see all the stars?I do.:)
We don't get really dark nights anymore. Goodness, I remember being in the wilderness in northern Canada in the 1960s, where, there was no ambient light around, and the night sky was glorious. You could lose yourself in it.

Now, towns are everywhere, electric lights deprive us of the dark that used to be so perfect. I miss it terribly.