• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does an Atheist Know God?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Do Atheists know Love?

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Last edited:

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Do Atheist know Love?

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Deuteronomy 23:1
He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

The Bible says a lot of dumb stuff. Congratulations for mining something about love for us. I chose something about stones and privy members.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Deuteronomy 23:1
He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

The Bible says a lot of dumb stuff. Congratulations for mining something about love for us. I chose something about stones and privy members.

Love is not separate from Self. No matter what your belief system. Love above all religions.

I'm not proselytizing if the potential is within all to grasp.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Your religion doesn't have a monopoly on goodness.
Reread it. I'm pointing out that those who claim that Christianity has a monopoly on goodness are often hypocrites in that regard. Those who seemingly have no higher calling for love, often out love those who claim to. Actions always speak louder than words.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes.
Atheists can know God. Literally.
The first atheists were Christians, so-called atheists because they refused to acknowledge Roman Gods.

Do you think that those Christians, atheists all (to Romans) knew God?

i know a few gods myself.
mmmmmhhhh

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Love is not separate from Self. No matter what your belief system. Love above all religions.

I'm not proselytizing if the potential is within all to grasp.

No offense, but you sound like a commercial for a new iPhone. Do you want to try to talk to me?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Reread it. I'm pointing out that those who claim that Christianity has a monopoly on goodness are often hypocrites in that regard. Those who seemingly have no higher calling for love, often out love those who claim to. Actions always speak louder than words.
I read it. You say that good atheists "acknowledge" God. They don't, and it's disrespectful to claim that they do.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I read it. You say that good atheists "acknowledge" God. They don't, and it's disrespectful to claim that they do.

I'm getting a very Narnia version of belief here. Where the good Calormene were really serving Aslan all along even though they believe in Tash.