• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Documented evidence?

First off, I want to say that this is not a religion bashing topic in any way and don't want it to become one. That being said....
Paganism is generally considered a hands on religion, or at least an active philosophy. Most mainstream religions seek to prove themselves through theological evidence, as well as historical context. Since Pagaism and Mysticism are not of the same nature, has there been any documented evidence that would support magik, spirit beings, etc? Please excuse my ignorance as I am an outsider looking in. Thank you

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
what sort of evidence would work?

video and photgraphy can both be digitaly altered and faked so they are out...

the same goes for audio....

anyway... paganism also works like other religions in that they expalin things through theology... but yes thier theology is much more hands on than most religions... its not passive... 8)

Mysticisim isn't nessisarily paganism...
mystisism is not nessisarily religious but paganism is...

just my 2 cents...

wa:-do

My appologies for being vague... I actually did have a purpose in mind that spurred me on to making this topic. I purchased a book, a while ago, that outlined the basics of Correlian Wicca and served as a basic instruction manual for becoming a witch. I was half into it, and half using it for research. I read through the book, and all of the "spells" and "enchantments" were all basically imagined, meaning they were in the mind of the caster, but not "real" for anyone else. This made me think, how do I know any of this is actually real, and not just made up in my head. Now I understand that much of the "power" in Wicca comes from one's thoughts, but the question nagged me so much that I couldn't help but abandon the whole process. What I am asking is: is there anyway to verify the validity of the spells? Even with the spells that made a desire for something come true, you were either asking for something that was reasonable to obtain without a spell, or asking for something that was so outrageous that it could be written off as "not in order with nature" or something like that. I am rambling I know forgive me. Thx

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
hmmm.... not being a 'witch' I cant say...
I know what I have heard from others and what I have seen in terms of my own belief but I can't really comment on 'spells' or anything like that.

I do know that the power of suggestion is VERY powerful indeed... if you believe you are under a spell/hex/whathaveyou then it becomes real for you.... ie voudun 'death curses'....

which may be as real as it needs to be 8)

wa:-do