• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doctor, doctor ...

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'm sure there are some here with a reasonably quick answer to a question - not that serious (I hope) and I'd rather not be wasting time at a hospital or my local doctor's, apart from avoiding such like the plague at this time, so ...

I'm 74, not exactly fit, as in not getting enough exercise, but can walk as far as I need. Shopping recently on my bicycle (not used for some time), I was carrying quite a heavy rucksack (couldn't resist that winebox, tut, tut, amongst much else) and going over some rough terrain - lousy maintenance around these parts and not because of the virus - I had a sudden pain in the seat region after one particular jolt. Not sure what it was but it didn't feel nice. I doubt it is serious but I would like to know what it could be. My mother had osteoporosis, if that helps, but many her age do I suspect.

So, apart from being a pain in the *** on RF, I now have such (not permanent, just when I put pressure on certain bits), and would like to know what it might be. Sitting on a pillow seems to be a reasonable solution and hopefully it will be gone soon. Doesn't affect my walking ability at all.

Nice doctors, any ideas?

leov

I'm sure there are some here with a reasonably quick answer to a question - not that serious (I hope) and I'd rather not be wasting time at a hospital or my local doctor's, apart from avoiding such like the plague at this time, so ...

I'm 74, not exactly fit, as in not getting enough exercise, but can walk as far as I need. Shopping recently on my bicycle (not used for some time), I was carrying quite a heavy rucksack (couldn't resist that winebox, tut, tut, amongst much else) and going over some rough terrain - lousy maintenance around these parts and not because of the virus - I had a sudden pain in the seat region after one particular jolt. Not sure what it was but it didn't feel nice. I doubt it is serious but I would like to know what it could be. My mother had osteoporosis, if that helps, but many her age do I suspect.

So, apart from being a pain in the *** on RF, I now have such (not permanent, just when I put pressure on certain bits), and would like to know what it might be. Sitting on a pillow seems to be a reasonable solution and hopefully it will be gone soon. Doesn't affect my walking ability at all.

Nice doctors, any ideas?
vertebrae slightly twisted?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've overdone it from time-to-time and suffered the consequences. Low back pain and pain from overdoing exercise from muscles that are not used to it are buddies of mine.

NOT MEDICAL ADVICE: check pain level, feel around the area to see if it's concentrated on a muscle or is localized (I'm not sure how to interpret "certain bits").

MNoBody

personal anecdote, my own aches and pains of similar nature were dramatically reduced, and went away faster than otherwise when i took collagen as a supplement [type I,II,II and hyalurunic acid, vit C,and magnesium Bisglycinate, & piperine.....
which i attribute to this combination of items, since it was the only thing i changed over repeated periods of time keeping other variables the same.....
but, since I am not a 'doctor', i can only speak of what i experienced without making conjectures or claims. do what you will.
hope you get better
life is tuff enuf already.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Nice doctors, any ideas?
Seeking medical help on the net is possibly one of the stupidest ideas.
But given the circumstances and the minor nature of your injury I'll give my totally unqualified diagnosis:
It is most probably not osteoporosis or anything else with your joints as it doesn't hinder you from walking.
The most possible is a contusion (if you got hit) or a strained muscle (if you tried to prevent a hit).
Some light movement should bring you back to health.

Nimos

My mother had osteoporosis, if that helps, but many her age do I suspect.
My mom has it as well, she was doing fine until she decided to jump on a trampolin after she had done that, she started to feel pain in the back and not long after as she was heading for bed, her spine collapsed or what to say and was "rushed" to hospital. But she was very lucky and after years of treatment, she is doing rather well, she can't lift heavy things and she is litteral shorter than she used to because of the collapsed back. It was an extremely rough time for her, had to sit up sleeping on the floor leaning on a chair, because that was the only way she could sleep. Also she had to take some extremely expensive medicine, which were luckily paid for here in Denmark, so depending on where you live, I could imagine that it would be devastating economical having to pay for it, unless you have some health security.

Without being anywhere close to being a doctor, My guess is that it probably not that, but that you might have strained something. But in general, my mother bicycle everyday (Denmark after all) but she can't bicycle on certain streets, because of the "bricks" or what they are called, which makes the whole bicycle feel like its about to shake apart, but besides them its fine.

But to be on the safe side, I would probably get a check for osteoporosis, so you know whether or not you should be more careful in general or not. Don't you have access to some online doctor session where you live? that way you can at least talk to one from home, if you are worried?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Thanks all. I'm not that familiar with the bits around that area, mainly below the spine (not hurting there) so perhaps it is a strain injury. I wondered if it might be one of the small bones being damaged - the coccyx, for example. This happened on Friday such that if it isn't better after a few more days, which I suspect it will be, I will contact my doctor. Will probably be gone by the time I get an appointment though and it hardly warrants taking up their time.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
My mom has it as well, she was doing fine until she decided to jump on a trampolin after she had done that, she started to feel pain in the back and not long after as she was heading for bed, her spine collapsed or what to say and was "rushed" to hospital. But she was very lucky and after years of treatment, she is doing rather well, she can't lift heavy things and she is litteral shorter than she used to because of the collapsed back. It was an extremely rough time for her, had to sit up sleeping on the floor leaning on a chair, because that was the only way she could sleep. Also she had to take some extremely expensive medicine, which were luckily paid for here in Denmark, so depending on where you live, I could imagine that it would be devastating economical having to pay for it, unless you have some health security.

Without being anywhere close to being a doctor, My guess is that it probably not that, but that you might have strained something. But in general, my mother bicycle everyday (Denmark after all) but she can't bicycle on certain streets, because of the "bricks" or what they are called, which makes the whole bicycle feel like its about to shake apart, but besides them its fine.

But to be on the safe side, I would probably get a check for osteoporosis, so you know whether or not you should be more careful in general or not. Don't you have access to some online doctor session where you live? that way you can at least talk to one from home, if you are worried?

Thanks. I think that is often the problem, that we often don't know how strong our bones are until tested. I've broken enough of them over my life but mainly due to accidents that would break any normal bones.