• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doctor Admits That Deaths From COVID-19 Overcounted

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That's very noble of you. However...
  • You don't have a right to tell anyone else that their actions are wrong according to your worldview.
Sure I do.
  • You don't have a right to expect them to believe and do as you do.
Of course not.

• You don't have a right to tell me I can't bring a peanut butter or fish or egg salad sandwich to work on the outside chance someone may have an allergy to them. Do I go around taking a poll of who has what allergies? Do you have any idea how inane that is?
I have to right to ask you to consider the health and safety of others. You can decide for yourself whether you care or not, I suppose.
  • You don't have a right to tell them they're selfish for exercising their right to do or not do something that is not illegal.
Sure I do. In fact, I just did.
  • You don't have a right to tell anyone to get vaccinated for any reason or judge them as selfish.
  • You ... don't ... have... that ... right.
On a debate forum, I can read someone's reasons and I can reply with my opinion, which is what we're both doing here.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
That's very noble of you. However...
  • You don't have a right to tell anyone else that their actions are wrong according to your worldview.
  • You don't have a right to expect them to believe and do as you do.
  • You don't have a right to tell me I can't bring a peanut butter or fish or egg salad sandwich to work on the outside chance someone may have an allergy to them. Do I go around taking a poll of who has what allergies? Do you have any idea how inane that is?
  • You don't have a right to tell them they're selfish for exercising their right to do or not do something that is not illegal.
  • You don't have a right to tell anyone to get vaccinated for any reason or judge them as selfish.
  • You ... don't ... have... that ... right.

Right to free speech, where are thou?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Right to free speech, where are thou?

Your rights end when they infringe on mine. You can say whatever you want but expect that there are potential consequences. The First Amendment is not a free-for-all.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I'll leave that to your imagination.

lol-laughing.gif

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
As long as you don't stop me from bringing that peanut butter sandwich to work and/or eating it.
One would hope you'd have some consideration for the people around you, and if you knew someone was deathly allergic, one would hope you'd refrain from eating your sandwich near that person.

But nobody can stop you from being selfish, you're right about that. I can point it out all day long if I so choose though.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
One would hope you'd have some consideration for the people around you, and if you knew someone was deathly allergic, one would hope you'd refrain from eating your sandwich near that person.

But nobody can stop you from being selfish, you're right about that. I can point it out all day long if I so choose though.

OK, I'll take a poll of everyone around me and all the things they're allergic and susceptible to. It still hasn't dawned on you how inane that is, has it?

And please do keep calling me selfish and implying I'm inconsiderate.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
you are not my responsibility any more than I am yours

Humans come into contact with each other. So we are responsible for each other. That's the foundation of a society.

It's not selfish, So then maybe it is my right to do and be what I want. There's no indication or proof I'm a threat to someone else.

On the contrary this is a perfect example of selfish. You could have covid, be asymptomatic and pass it on to someone and they die as a result of your selfishness. You would never know you'd been responsible for their death and neither would the deceased person's loved ones. But hey you carry on with your right to do what you want and sod the consequences as long as there's nothing negative for you resulting from your actions.
{checks calendar...dear god it's 2023...}

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
OK, I'll take a poll of everyone around me and all the things they're allergic and susceptible to. It still hasn't dawned on you how inane that is, has it?

And please do keep calling me selfish and implying I'm inconsiderate.
The original example we were talking about was a children's classroom. Your opinion on the matter spoke volumes to me.
Now you're just being facetious, apparently.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Because you could test positive and have no symptoms whatsoever, or only have a mild case, or just have a false positive.
You could die from a heart attack after getting the vaccine and still test positive for covid, and be counted as a covid death.
Nice to see 1 awake on RF

It's a legitimate question, how many died from covid and how many merely died with covid
Very true

stvdv

Yes, nobody died, but they are no longer in this world, and people mourn their loss from here.
:cool:
I did have another one in mind, but this of course is the Ultimate Truth..."I can't die"

Some people might "be" back on earth sooner than they wish, or even also others wish

stvdv

Yes, nobody died, but they are no longer in this world, and people mourn their loss from here.
:cool:

From (my) medical (scientific) POV:
nobody died from Covid even
(But I know most RF'ers can't see that, so I leave it at that)

Status
Not open for further replies.