• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doctor Admits That Deaths From COVID-19 Overcounted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Of course they over reacted.

Pathologically over reacted for nothing but political and monetary reasons, and attempts to shut up and censor those who realized the actual situation whom were trying to call them out on it.

Particularly the Association of Physicians and Surgeons who were truthful about the government insanity that proceed with the destruction of people's lives and lively hood by the government.
Conspiracy-theorizing only works if you keep at it, like a beaver at her dam, eh?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
it isn't true that anyone "admitted" there has been overcounting of COVID deaths. The Washington Post article is a fairly reasonable assessment of the question (with a click-bait headline almost certainly written by some editor) but it doesn't reach any definitive conclusions, it just makes an argument for more accurate and detailed data.
Obviously, the author of the OP didn't understand the gist of his own article in that in some cases it's too difficult to tell if a patient died of covid or from some other factors if (s)he had both.

IOW, it was just another Fox snowjob.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
It's a legitimate question, how many died from covid and how many merely died with covid?

Because you could test positive and have no symptoms whatsoever, or only have a mild case, or just have a false positive.
You could die from a heart attack after getting the vaccine and still test positive for covid, and be counted as a covid death.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It's a legitimate question, how many died from covid and how many merely died with covid?

Because you could test positive and have no symptoms whatsoever, or only have a mild case, or just have a false positive.
You could die from a heart attack after getting the vaccine and still test positive for covid, and be counted as a covid death.
The questions on the opposite side are equally valid and legitmate. It is possible that you might have survived one virus, but didn't because Covid-19 left you weaker, and your immune system less able to fight the virus that ends up killing you. Which was the proximate cause of death, in that case?

What is not legitimate is your (I think deliberate) justaposition of "heart attack" and "receiving the vaccine," as if the latter were the proximate cause of the former. In fact, health professionals would not give the vaccine to a person suffering Covid symptoms.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Did you not read the article? The physician CNN medical analyst and Washington Post columnist Dr. Leana Wen admitted in a column, Friday, that the medical community is "overcounting" the amount of "COVID deaths and hospitalizations."
Actually, no I didn't because I don't waste my time with partisan **** masquerading as news.
As I said, you can find a physician to say anything, they all have an opinion, but not that many can say viruses and pandemics are their field.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The questions on the opposite side are equally valid and legitmate. It is possible that you might have survived one virus, but didn't because Covid-19 left you weaker, and your immune system less able to fight the virus that ends up killing you. Which was the proximate cause of death, in that case?

What is not legitimate is your (I think deliberate) justaposition of "heart attack" and "receiving the vaccine," as if the latter were the proximate cause of the former. In fact, health professionals would not give the vaccine to a person suffering Covid symptoms.
Lol, you know you can still get covid after getting the vaccine right? And it doesn't always have symptoms?
You are avoiding the obvious.
Of course there are people who died from covid, but it's possible that a huge percentage only died with it, and it had no significant effect on them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh, yeah, and we can't forget we also now have misc-c related to covid and how terrible that one is. Could have been avoided, but half assed responses and no responses let covid grow and evolve and freely do its thing unimpeded, all because of "me, me, me, me, me and my rights do whatever, screw your rights to not suffer the consequences of my stupidity."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Lol, you know you can still get covid after getting the vaccine right? And it doesn't always have symptoms?
Of course there are people who died from covid, but it's possible that a huge percentage only died with it, and it had no significant effect on them.
Yup. I got it, and holy **** I am glad I am vaccinated because I had it rough, but I didn't get so bad I was scarred I might not make it through the night like my unvaccinated mom.
And what you claim is very unlikely. If there is no symptoms, most of this group has no symptoms. Why would they go to the doctor? The same with mild symptoms. If you have every reason to believe you just some allergy issues or stuffy sinuses why would you go to the doctor?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Yup. I got it, and holy **** I am glad I am vaccinated because I had it rough, but I didn't get so bad I was scarred I might not make it through the night like my unvaccinated mom.
And what you claim is very unlikely. If there is no symptoms, most of this group has no symptoms. Why would they go to the doctor? The same with mild symptoms. If you have every reason to believe you just some allergy issues or stuffy sinuses why would you go to the doctor?
Missed it again!
You could die from another cause entirely and be counted as a covid death. You go to the doctor for the other symptoms, and die from anything from a heart attack to cancer or some pre-existing condition.
And really even the guy that covid is a final straw for, but he is a very unhealthy individual already, didn't really die from covid alone.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
As I said, you ignored 100% the other side of the argument. Presumably, it's not something that you want to hear about. Fine. You are legally permitted to know as little as you want.

But if, on the very off chance, you'd like to pursue knowledge, consider the question of statistics and excess deaths. You could learn something by reading this article on the subject from the Center for Disease Control.

In essence, if statistics (over large numbers of people) show stable rates of death from various causes year-over-year, and if -- when a single factor abruptly changes (like a new virus) -- that rate suddenly changes, there is good reason to suspect that the single new factor contributes in a meaningful and measurable way.

Now, perhaps suddenly at the beginning of 2020 50% of all Americans suddenly changed their dietary, driving and smoking habits, this might not be possible. But those changes, too, would have shown in the national statistical database(s). And so far as anybody can see, they didn't.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
In essence, if statistics (over large numbers of people) show stable rates of death from various causes year-over-year, and if -- when a single factor abruptly changes (like a new virus) -- that rate suddenly changes, there is good reason to suspect that the single new factor contributes in a meaningful and measurable way.
Or a new vaccine....

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Missed it again!
You could die from another cause entirely and be counted as a covid death. You go to the doctor for the other symptoms, and die from anything from a heart attack to cancer or some pre-existing condition.
And really even the guy that covid is a final straw for, but he is a very unhealthy individual already, didn't really die from covid alone.
It has ALWAYS been the case that it is possible that a death can be mis-attributed. A guy is found dead in his car at the bottom of a cliff -- autopsy shows he had a myocardial infarct. Did he have a heart attack and die, letting his car go off the cliff, or did the heart attack happen on the way down?

People who died from AIDS -- did they die "from" AIDS? Or was it the pnemonia, or the Kaposi's Sarcoma, or the violent Thrush or any of a number of other things that killed them.

I don't think you medical expertise is quite up to the task of keeping your beloved conspiracy theory alive with this line of argument.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Missed it again!
Covid really doesn't kill in and of itself. It's the severe inflammation, organ damage and opportunistic infections that tend to be what kills.
It's sort of like HIV in this way. HIV itself doesn't kill people. It's the complications and opportunistic infections that do. But HIV is still considered a deadly virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.