• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you worship gods from different groups?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Just one of the effects of the whole "God of X" thing that's so popular in popular descriptions of the Gods...

Here's a different take on it from Norse Mythology for Smart People. It explains the gods as neither anthropomorphic nor archetypes.
Nowadays, the Norse gods and goddesses are often described as being “the god of this or that,” but this easily leads to the misinterpretation that the gods exist outside of these things and merely control them from a distance. A more accurate way of speaking about them would be to say that, for example, Thor is not “the god of thunder,” but rather the god thunder. This is not merely symbolism, nor is it an attempt to “explain natural phenomena” in a “pre-scientific” idiom. It’s an account of the direct experience of the storm as a personal and divine force.

http://norse-mythology.org/concepts/pantheism/

Paleo

Primitivism and chill
I suppose I used to but I don't really think I do now. My current shrine is to Atum, Tahuti, Ma'at, Nuit, Hadit and Ra-Hoor-Khuit/Heru-ra-ha, the last one of which some do not consider to be of the Kemetic panthon due to him being a result of Ra being combined with Heru to be one solar deity as spoken of by the Prophet Aleister Crowley in Thelema.
However I still consider him to be Kemetic because well, he is.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Hmm. I'm primarily drawn towards the Hellenic Gods, but I also feel a strong connection to Mictlantecuhtli, the Aztec Death God, and to Kali. Odin and Tezcatlipoca are very intriguing to me, as well.