• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you trust God?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you trust God?

Loving God is different than trusting God. I cannot honestly say I love God but I trust God. I not only know for certain that God exists, I know that God has my best interests in mind and is guiding me through life.

I have gone through hell to finally come to this realization. Hell in the Baha’i Faith is not a place we go when we die. It is distance from God, and we can be in hell in this life as well as in the next life.

I am sure I will have more tests but I hope I do not have to go back to hell again.

55. O Son of Being!
Busy not thyself with this world, for with fire We test the gold, and with gold We test Our servants.

The Hidden Words of Baha'u'llah

“… the Almighty hath tried, and will continue to try, His servants, so that light may be distinguished from darkness, truth from falsehood, right from wrong, guidance from error, happiness from misery, and roses from thorns. Even as He hath revealed: “Do men think when they say ‘We believe’ they shall be let alone and not be put to proof?” 5
Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán, pp. 8-9

Is God loving? I do not ‘believe’ that God is loving given all the suffering in this world but I think I am probably wrong and God is loving in spite of all the suffering. Personally, I do not really care if God is loving, as it matters more to me that I can trust God. If there was no God I would have no hope, but I trust that whatever happens is God’s Will and I try to accept it day by day. That is all I can do.

I live only in the present day. I have no plans for the future. If I think about the future I have so much anxiety I want to die since so many things in my life are hanging out in mid-air and I cannot even imagine how they will ever get resolved. The only hope I have is trusting that God will be there to help me when I need Him.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Depends on the God we're talking about.

Yes, I suspect there are a number of Gods one shouldn't trust.

200.gif

Suave

Simulated character
Do you trust God?

Loving God is different than trusting God. I cannot honestly say I love God but I trust God. I not only know for certain that God exists, I know that God has my best interests in mind and is guiding me through life.

I have gone through hell to finally come to this realization. Hell in the Baha’i Faith is not a place we go when we die. It is distance from God, and we can be in hell in this life as well as in the next life.

I am sure I will have more tests but I hope I do not have to go back to hell again.

55. O Son of Being!
Busy not thyself with this world, for with fire We test the gold, and with gold We test Our servants.

The Hidden Words of Baha'u'llah

“… the Almighty hath tried, and will continue to try, His servants, so that light may be distinguished from darkness, truth from falsehood, right from wrong, guidance from error, happiness from misery, and roses from thorns. Even as He hath revealed: “Do men think when they say ‘We believe’ they shall be let alone and not be put to proof?” 5
Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán, pp. 8-9

Is God loving? I do not ‘believe’ that God is loving given all the suffering in this world but I think I am probably wrong and God is loving in spite of all the suffering. Personally, I do not really care if God is loving, as it matters more to me that I can trust God. If there was no God I would have no hope, but I trust that whatever happens is God’s Will and I try to accept it day by day. That is all I can do.

I live only in the present day. I have no plans for the future. If I think about the future I have so much anxiety I want to die since so many things in my life are hanging out in mid-air and I cannot even imagine how they will ever get resolved. The only hope I have is trusting that God will be there to help me when I need Him.
Since I consider God as being the controller of simulations, a virtual reality programmer of human consciousness, I'm guessing there is no other choice for me than to trust in God. Also, it's according to our dollar's motto, "In God we Trust".

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
As far as I know, there is only one God, although there are many human conceptions of God.

Then I guess it would depend on the conception of God.

If we're talking about the 'Source', or as Hindus label Brahman, there's nothing to trust or not trust. It just is. The human concept of 'trust' couldn't be applied here, in my opinion.

Suave

Simulated character
Since I consider God as being the controller of simulations, a virtual reality programmer of human consciousness, I'm guessing there is no other choice for me than to trust in God. Also, it's according to our dollar's motto, "In God we Trust".
As far as I know, there is only one God, although there are many human conceptions of God.
I'm curious to know why you believe in just one God, why could not we be a simulation within another simulation, or why could there not perhaps be a team of simulators. ( a.k.a. - Gods )?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

If we're talking about the 'Source', or as Hindus label Brahman, there's nothing to trust or not trust. It just is. The human concept of 'trust' couldn't be applied here, in my opinion.

Well put. It's always so tricky, comparing from the very different paradigms.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

So I take it that Brahman is not a personal God that ever intervenes in peoples' lives?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm curious to know why you believe in just one God,
Because that is what the Bible, the Qur'an, and the Writings of Baha'u'llah say.
Also, it makes no logical sense to me that there would be more than one God, since I believe God is omnipotent and omniscient.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It is not God's fault people don't read and understand His communication. That responsibility falls on humans.
I find this very funny -- there have been "His communication" since humans could first make their own thoughts understood by other humans. And yet, for some utterly mysterious reason, this God that is claimed to have been able to write with his own finger on stone, has never managed to make write anything down in a way that couldn't be broken and/or lost.

No, sadly, this "all-powerful" deity has to rely on mere humans to do this most important work for him.

When I look at such claims, I cannot help but think that they are not the result of solid, rational thinking.

Suave

Simulated character
Because that is what the Bible, the Qur'an, and the Writings of Baha'u'llah say.
Also, it makes no logical sense to me that there would be more than one God, since I believe God is omnipotent and omniscient.
It makes no logical sense to me to trust in a God who were both omnipotent and omniscient, because why should we trust in a God that would then not be very benevolent towards children dying of cancer or children getting raped?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
So I take it that Brahman is not a personal God that ever intervenes in peoples' lives?

Not even a god in the classical sense. He doesn't intervene, in my opinion, because that concept doesn't really exist there, either.

If anything intervenes, it would be in one's personal God. Or, that person can realize the Brahman within, and no longer worries about things like intervention.

Suave

Simulated character
No, God relies upon Messengers who are both divine and human. God cannot write because God is not a human. I do not believe in old Bible stories.
Please let us consider God as being our genetic code's creator who could indeed utilize nucleon counts within each amino acid, and with their sums as grouped according to their codon mapping, emerging a mathematical pattern conveying a message to us.

God as our genetic code's Creator. has left us this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying us the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
https://apollosolaris.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/wow.pdf

Icarus
Volume 224, Issue 1, May 2013, Pages 228-242

The "Wow! signal" of the terrestrial genetic code
Vladimir I. shCherbak, Maxim A. Makukov

Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared + 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle. The significance of 37 being a factor in decoding the message of a mathematic depiction of an Egyptian triangle in our genetic code might be linked to the Hebrew gematria numeric value of 37 in Genesis 1:1.

The 3 main words (God, the heaven, the earth) in Hebrew have a gematria numeric value of 777 (111x7), ". which is divisible by 37.

The numeric value of the entire verse is 2701 which is divisible by 37.

We may now proceed to finding the number 37 interlaced in the first verse of the Bible. We can do this by discovering words or groups of words with number values evenly divisible by 37, e.g. the 3 main words (“God” + ”the heaven” + ”the earth” = 777 = 21x37), the 5 first words (“In the beginning” + “created” + “God” + “*” + “the heaven” = 1998 = 54x37), or the last two words separately (“and” = 407 = 11x37 and “the earth” = 296 = 8x37)

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

Sheldon

Veteran Member
It is not God's fault people don't read and understand His communication. That responsibility falls on humans.
So you think the culpability for the message being devoid of any rational argument or objective evidence, is down to one species of evolved ape, and not the omniscient omnipotent deity you imagine is real?

I'm sure if you take a moment to examine that rationale, you'll see how absurdly asinine the claim is. If I explain how to make a soufflé to a slug, and it fails to understand me, you seem to think the fault is entirely the slugs, bizarre reasoning.