• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think the bible god is responsible with all the disasters on earth?

Booko

Deviled Hen
ProfLogic said:
I disagree with suffering and pain as humanities main existence because...
You might be interested to go off and talk to the Buddhists about the Four Noble Truths, then.

Super Universe

Defender of God
God is the Creator, He is not a destroyer. He has never harmed anything nor ordered anything to be harmed. The bible is wrong in these aspects and it is the worst blasphemy possible to believe it.

God did not change from the Old Testament to the New Testament. How could He?

We have so much more to learn, revelation is waiting, but we will not accept it because we are stuck on ideas that are thousands of years old.

You complain that God does not prevent bad things from happening? Why don't we get out of the way of hurricanes? Why do people choose to live in tornado alley? Why don't people clear dry brush from near their homes? Why don't people build for earthquakes?

You blame God but it is the human's who simply refuse to apply intelligence in their daily lives.

logician

It is a tautology that if a supposed god is omnipotent, but allows needless suffering, then it is NOT benevolent.

SoyLeche

meh...
logician said:
It is a tautology that if a supposed god is omnipotent, but allows needless suffering, then it is NOT benevolent.
Which falls apart if the suffering ends up to not be needless.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
logician said:

But to assume that God will do our bidding and save us from suffering, just because we ask God to, is to assume that our purposes are greater than God's...which would render omnipotence moot.

God does not end our suffering, but God chooses to enter in to our suffering with us. That's the measure of God's omnipotence.

sparkyluv

logician said:
Who said suffering was needless? Who said we would live life without suffering? God didn't make life to be perfect because he didn't make this world to be permanent. God puts people through trials for a reason. Why? I don't know. It's his will.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
logician said:
So would you be okay with "purposeful suffering"? Is it just "needless suffering" that bugs you? Where do you draw the line?

verita

Maritime Law call it Perils of the Seas and Acts of God. Natural Calamity as they say is and act of God.

God made the shorelines...
Pro 8:28 When he made firm the skies above, When the fountains of the deep became strong,
Pro 8:29 When he gave to the sea its bound, That the waters should not transgress his commandment, When he marked out the foundations of the earth;

God sometimes allows the water to go beyond the shoreline which we call it Tsunami.
Amo 9:6 it is he that buildeth his chambers in the heavens, and hath founded his vault upon the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth; Jehovah is his name.

As we know Tsunami originates from earthquake and earthquake is God's WRATH or anger.
Jer 10:10 But Jehovah is the true God; he is the living God, and an everlasting King: at his wrath the earth trembleth, and the nations are not able to abide his indignation.

Here are some proofs of his wrath.
Isa 29:6 She shall be visited of Jehovah of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with whirlwind and tempest, and the flame of a devouring fire.

This is the reason why God is angry...
Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: Behold, I will pour out my spirit upon you; I will make known my words unto you.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye have refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man hath regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, And would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh in the day of your
calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as a
storm, And your calamity cometh on as a whirlwind; When distress and anguish come upon you.
Pro 1:28 Then will they call upon me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they shall not find me:
Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, And did not choose the fear of Jehovah:
Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel; They despised all my reproof.
Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, And be filled with their own devices.
Pro 1:32 For the backsliding of the simple shall slay them, And the careless ease of fools shall destroy them.
Pro 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell securely, And shall be quiet without fear of evil.

God bless you all.
:sad: