• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think that God should communicate directly to everyone in the world?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

If you think God should do that, please explain why you think so.
If you think God should not do that, please explain why not.

Please explain the reasons for your answer.

Thanks, Trailblazer :)

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Yes, why not? I think that's the only way you accept that there is a god in the first place. :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, why not? I think that's the only way you accept that there is a god in the first place. :D
So your answer is that this is the only way that you would believe that God exists?
What about all the people (93% of the world population) who already believe in God?
Do you think that God should communicate directly to everyone just because atheists cannot believe in God any other way?

74x12

God does communicate directly. However not everyone is ready in their heart to hear what God says. So for example a bird can't land any place. Some people put pointy things on their roof just so a bird can't land. In other words not every heart is receptive to the Word of God.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
So your answer is that this is the only way that you would believe that God exists?
What about all the people (93% of the world population) who already believe in God?
Do you think that God should communicate directly to everyone just because atheists cannot believe in God any other way?

I just think if he can't make the time, why should I? :D

Also what if the popular religions are bluffing? Obviously, it'd just be like a great big game of poker where you're trying to convince people your hole cards are aces up and you have rags. It amuses me that there is an expectation to take things on faith, especially things like this at all.

Theistic Satanism works differently - you have a direct relationship with your deity and other spiritual beings. You aren't supposed to believe anything other than what you know.

The popularity of an idea is rarely relevant, this is just going along with the bandwagon.

74x12

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Jesus - book of Revelation)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Yes. Think of a loved one telling a unrelated friend to tell his husband he loves him rather than telling him, himself. While friends even good ones are well respected they don't replace the smile and care of the husbands themselves.

Yes. Especially when a person is in constant personal prayer, god tends to work through people say by the holy spirit. The holy spirit becomes the motive and interaction to which christians are bonded with the father through Christ. Without the holy spirit (or direct connection to god), jesus words mean nothing.

Go to the source to know if the messenger tells the truth. If the messenger agrees what you were told by the source by all means learn from the messenger. That's jesus message. Can't believe in Jesus if you don't have a personal and direct relationship with his father through spirit.

As for the other messengers, such as Moses and Muhammad, I'm not sure I'd they have a similar view of the holy spirit. I like their views better since they have a direct relationship with God and not the prophets as god himself. Even Muhammad says there is only one god and no person is part of god since god is one.

Messengers help to know about god. I can't read scriptures bahai literature the Quran, and Torah all day but means nothing without direct relationship with the author and not the ghost writer.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

Depends on the god’s goals.

If his goal is for people to acknowledge his existence, then yeah, he should probably do this.

But if he doesn’t care or prefers confusion or doesn’t like some of us or is performing a science experiment or is frightened of us or can’t figure out how to do it without melting our faces off, then he probably shouldn’t.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hmm. Looks like Muslims do have a personal direct relationship with Allah himself.

Found this interesting. 1 Surefire Way to Feel Connected to Allah (swt) | How to be a Happy Muslim

A lot of christians see jesus as God since they can only get to god in the name of Christ. In order to be saved one builds a personal relationship with God through the name of Christ. But, instead of messengers Christ says he is the son and Only son of God to which christians go to him Only.

But other christians don't go to god in the name of Christ so they see Christ as a prophet but pray directly to god.

Not all faiths have direct communication with god. I lean more towards ancestors being intermediaries to god if I wanted to figure out what he is in order to do so. But god never had manifestations. It was always a direct connection.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God does communicate directly. However not everyone is ready in their heart to hear what God says. So for example a bird can't land any place. Some people put pointy things on their roof just so a bird can't land. In other words not every heart is receptive to the Word of God.
I agree that God communicates to hearts, but what I was wondering about is whether you think that God should send personal messages that contain information to everyone on earth. I mean should God speak to everyone the same way God spoke to Jesus?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I just think if he can't make the time, why should I? :D
Why would you think it is about time? God is not subject to time because God is outside of time.
God is not short of time, God is Omnipotent so God is not short of anything.
Also what if the popular religions are bluffing? Obviously, it'd just be like a great big game of poker where you're trying to convince people your hole cards are aces up and you have rags. It amuses me that there is an expectation to take things on faith, especially things like this at all.
Nobody should take it on faith. They should do the necessary research and investigation before they believe any religion.
Theistic Satanism works differently - you have a direct relationship with your deity and other spiritual beings. You aren't supposed to believe anything other than what you know.
But how do they know?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Depends on the god’s goals.
You are absolutely right, what God should do is wholly dependent upon God's goals, not dependent upon what humans want God to do.
If his goal is for people to acknowledge his existence, then yeah, he should probably do this.
Maybe or maybe not, because maybe there is another way for people to acknowledge God's existence.
But if he doesn’t care or prefers confusion or doesn’t like some of us or is performing a science experiment or is frightened of us or can’t figure out how to do it without melting our faces off, then he probably shouldn’t.
I do not think it is for any of those reasons that God does not communicate directly with everyone....
There are other reasons God does not communicate directly with everyone but I am saving that for later, after I get more opinions. :)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
upload_2018-8-11_17-49-45.jpeg

74x12

I agree that God communicates to hearts, but what I was wondering about is whether you think that God should send personal messages that contain information to everyone on earth. I mean should God speak to everyone the same way God spoke to Jesus?
I would like it if God just spoke to everyone. But God's plans are greater than ours.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Yes. Why put the message through someone else's mind? That reminds me of the game 'telephone' where kids whisper a message through a few people, and you see how distorted it comes out at the other end.

Of course this would put quite a few people out of 'business'.