• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think that Donald Trump is a Christian?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Don't scare me like this! :mad:

Trump went to Sunday school and was confirmed in 1959 at the First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens.[34][35] In the 1970s, his parents joined the Marble Collegiate Church in Manhattan, which belongs to the Reformed Church.[34][36] The pastor at Marble, Norman Vincent Peale,[34] ministered to Trump's family until Peale's death in 1993.[36] Trump has described Peale as a mentor.[37] In 2015, after Trump said he attends Marble, the church publicly stated he "is not an active member" of the church.[35] In November 2019, Trump appointed his personal pastor, televangelist Paula White, to the White House Office of Public Liaison.[38] In October 2020, Trump said that he now identifies as a non-denominational Christian.[39] -- Donald Trump - Wikipedia
In the post I was replying to, @oldbadger asked about Hitler, not Trump.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I doubt Trump's sincerity on matters of religion because I doubt Trump's sincerity on pretty much anything. The man breathes lies like he has them stored up in a vape pen.
But I also don't doubt a sincere Christian could, through their actions, cause grievous harm to people. As the history of civil rights shows, using biblical justification for everything from homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism and xenophobia is frequent. I don't think Christianity is the root of the problem, here, but traditionalism and tribalism. All the same.

I really do want to get an idea of what members think......
This question has been sparked by conversation on another thread .......

OK... I have seen President Trump hold up a big black book which looked like a bible. He held it high for pictures whilst standing outside the church by the White House. I think it might have been upside down, but that's the kind of mistake that I would make. He has referred to his Christian supporters on telly, and I don't know much else about his own religious 'position'.

So........ Please....... what do you think?

This is a good question. Based off of the evidence I've found online, I believe it's safe to say that Donald Trump is no where close to being a Christian. I've listed three main points that support my argument with evidence below each point.

A. Sexual Immorality

Over 20 sexual misconduct allegations, including rape from his ex-wife have been made against Trump. A tape recording of Donald bragging about all of his sexual assaults surfaced but he still denies it. He later dismisses the footage as just being "Locker room talk"

B. Personal Integrity

Because Donald Trump lies so obsessively, his critics are unable to keep up with them. Trump is barely able to finish one lie before he starts another one. His lies are so blatantly obvious that even his supporters make no effort in defending them.

C. The Need For Forgiveness

This one I found to be the most compelling out of all the evidence to support that Donald Trump is not a Christian.

In an interview, Trump was asked if he had ever asked God to forgive him of his sins. Here is his response:

"If I do something wrong, I think I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I take... you know, when we go in church and when I drink my little wine--which is about the only wine I drink and have my little cracker, I guess that's a form of asking for forgiveness."

His total lack of humility towards God and the death of His Son on the cross is unpardonable. There is no salvation for someone who cannot acknowledge their need for forgiveness.

D. The Bible

In one interview, Trump made the claim that the Bible was his favorite book but when he was asked to reference just one verse in the Bible, he refused to give one. Here is his response:

"I love the Bible. It is the greatest book of all time." -Donald

"I'm wondering what one or two of your most favorite Bible verses are and why." -Reporter

"I wouldn't want to get into it, because, to me, that's very personal." -Donald

Are you an Old Testament guy or a New Testament guy?" -Reporter

"Uh, probably.... equal." -Donald

Based off of his response it is unlikely that Donald Trump understands the difference between the Old and the New Testament

Milton Platt

OK... I have seen President Trump hold up a big black book which looked like a bible. He held it high for pictures whilst standing outside the church by the White House. I think it might have been upside down, but that's the kind of mistake that I would make. He has referred to his Christian supporters on telly, and I don't know much else about his own religious 'position'.

If he is, it does not speak highly of the faith.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
This is a good question. Based off of the evidence I've found online, I believe it's safe to say that Donald Trump is no where close to being a Christian. I've listed three main points that support my argument with evidence below each point.

A. Sexual Immorality

Over 20 sexual misconduct allegations, including rape from his ex-wife have been made against Trump. A tape recording of Donald bragging about all of his sexual assaults surfaced but he still denies it. He later dismisses the footage as just being "Locker room talk"

B. Personal Integrity

Because Donald Trump lies so obsessively, his critics are unable to keep up with them. Trump is barely able to finish one lie before he starts another one. His lies are so blatantly obvious that even his supporters make no effort in defending them.

C. The Need For Forgiveness

This one I found to be the most compelling out of all the evidence to support that Donald Trump is not a Christian.

In an interview, Trump was asked if he had ever asked God to forgive him of his sins. Here is his response:

"If I do something wrong, I think I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I take... you know, when we go in church and when I drink my little wine--which is about the only wine I drink and have my little cracker, I guess that's a form of asking for forgiveness."

His total lack of humility towards God and the death of His Son on the cross is unpardonable. There is no salvation for someone who cannot acknowledge their need for forgiveness.

D. The Bible

In one interview, Trump made the claim that the Bible was his favorite book but when he was asked to reference just one verse in the Bible, he refused to give one. Here is his response:

"I love the Bible. It is the greatest book of all time." -Donald

"I'm wondering what one or two of your most favorite Bible verses are and why." -Reporter

"I wouldn't want to get into it, because, to me, that's very personal." -Donald

Are you an Old Testament guy or a New Testament guy?" -Reporter

"Uh, probably.... equal." -Donald

Based off of his response it is unlikely that Donald Trump understands the difference between the Old and the New Testament
Thank you for that. :)
Best post in the thread, I reckon. :)

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

I think he's an egoist, first and foremost. Though, I don't particularly feel that I'm qualified to deem whether or not he's a Christian, I haven't found that he exudes many Christian-like qualities.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I think he's an egoist, first and foremost. Though, I don't particularly feel that I'm qualified to deem whether or not he's a Christian, I haven't found that he exudes many Christian-like qualities.
Hi.... :)
Thing is, I can't call him some of the words that spring to mind, 'cos I'd get bashed by the mods. :D

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

If Trump says that he is a Christian, then he should be considered as such. It is everybody's right to proclaim his religion. Right, please?

Regards