• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think murder...

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Whether human or animal it's probably only acceptable to the one doing the killing...

Just_me_Mike

Whether human or animal it's probably only acceptable to the one doing the killing...
Yes, but we accept animals killing each other as part of the balance to the planet. With animals, it is part of the balance of nature, with humans, it is a moral issue.

Baydwin

Yes, but we accept animals killing each other as part of the balance to the planet. With animals, it is part of the balance of nature, with humans, it is a moral issue.
That's because we can empathise with other people to a high degree, probably a lot higher than most other animals, we realise that being hurt or killed is bad for us so most don't want others to experience that.

Most animals don't kill other members of their species either, not without a good reason.
And it's not like humans don't have justifiable murder, be it dressed up as war or capital punishment, it's all the same thing in the end.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
That's because we can empathise with other people to a high degree, probably a lot higher than most other animals, we realise that being hurt or killed is bad for us so most don't want others to experience that.

Most animals don't kill other members of their species either, not without a good reason.
And it's not like humans don't have justifiable murder, be it dressed up as war or capital punishment, it's all the same thing in the end.

Well said;)

Just_me_Mike

So if all the animals became aware that killing was wrong, how screwed up do you think the planet would become?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
So if we just sort of killed off all the people that hurt innocent people would that be justified as a balance of nature and good morals....If their caught for their crime and receive the death penalty would we not be good morally to get justification and save the tax payers money? ;)

Just_me_Mike

Would it be right for all the predators to starve to death?
That would be quite a conundrum for a lion to all of sudden get guilt about killing it's prey. Assuming the lion realized other animals live off plants alone, yet the lion has to eat meat or it would die.

Life is so weird sometimes...

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
We, the animals and plants are just chunks of recyclable protein that DNA experiments with.

Cheers

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I see morals as unwritten rules to make the avarage life of a certain area/specie better. In case of carnivors, it does not improve life to stop killing.

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
I have big problem with killing animals, hence the vegetarianism in me.
But it was put to me like this would you rather kill a human baby or a baby bird?
I never could answer that one.
I don't find either right, but in the end I would choose the baby human to live over the bird.