• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think magic spells work on christians?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think magic spells work on christians?:)I think they might.But I am not sure.:(

In my experience, spells work on whoever believes in spells, just as prayer works on whoever believes in prayer.

Ella S.

Dispassionate Goth
No, I don't believe in synchronicity, sympathy, or contagion. As such, I don't believe in petitionary prayer, incantations, or ritual magic.

If spells do anything, the most they accomplish is through known psychological mechanisms like placebo, nocebo, hypnosis, and psychodrama, but it would be totally inappropriate to call these "magic" in the anthropological sense. Maybe "magick" in the sense that Crowley used "magick" to refer to pretty much every action, but that essentially makes the word fundamentally meaningless.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I find it fascinating that everyone is able to reply, but we can't even arrive at an agreed upon definition for "magic."

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Magic in general only works on those who believe in it. That said, Christianity itself is a form of magic and greatly influences its own adherents (prayers, ceremonies, rituals, etc.). Certain forms of baneful and lesser magic can work on a Christian if they believe the magic is designed by forces that oppose their god or are performed by someone who opposes their religion. The magic itself has no power, the power comes from Will and Desire of the magician and the belief and fear of the target.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Energy can be sensed, if you concentrate, you can probably notice you can sense energies.