• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think Halloween brings out the worst in people?Yes or no?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Halloween brings out the best, for the most part. People enjoy passing out candy and entertaining kids. Yeah, there are some bad apples doing bad things, but they're there all year round anyways.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No, not the holiday, but this time of year as a whole does (through February). In northerner climes it's dark and cold, and people tend to be more pessimistic and irritable.

But in the most important parts of the world...ahem...it's a time of Spring renewal.
A bunch of ducklings are literally learning to swim in my pool as I write this...

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No, not the holiday, but this time of year as a whole does (through February). In northerner climes it's dark and cold, and people tend to be more pessimistic and irritable.

They've jumped out now, using the little ramp we put down for them...

PXL_20211007_020629481.jpg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Halloween is a delight for kids (if I can remember that far back). My two favourite kids (my best friend's kids, 5 and 9) take huge delight in it -- and trust me, they are lovely kids.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
But in the most important parts of the world...ahem...it's a time of Spring renewal.
A bunch of ducklings are literally learning to swim in my pool as I write this...

They've jumped out now, using the little ramp we put down for them...

View attachment 56142

That's adorable.

And also why I mentioned "northern climes" for us North Hemisphere'ers. :p

Honestly Australia scares me. Too many bugs/arachnids.