• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think god committed murder?

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
You keep forgetting one of the most important aspects of the definition of murder - unlawful. Another important part - one human killing another. Unless you conceed that God is human, the term murder cannot apply.

In a humanities eyes it is unlawful to commit genocide no matter what the cause maybe, especially if the killings of innocence is involve. Definitely murder. It only exists because some humans entertain it as being part of their lives.

reyjamiei

ProfLogic said:
Tha is only if you believe in the law of god. In humanities law. Its murder/genocide.

As far as I know, humanity has no laws concerning a supernatraul being killing anyone. It's not against any law I know of. Humanity defines murder as a human taking the life of another human.

Paraprakrti

Custom User
ProfLogic said:
Genesis:

6:7 Yahweh said, "I will destroy man whom I have created from the surface of the ground; man, along with animals, creeping things, and birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

6:12 God saw the earth, and saw that it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

6:13 God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Well sounds like a confession in my book. In todays society rehabilitation is one way to humanely treat a criminal. It looks like it did not give humans any chance.. if the story was even true. Again it decided to exempt one person.. sounds like a trend of favoritism and helplessness. It needs to involve someone else to achieve anything even murder.

God can do anything He wants, which goes to show that it isn't the act itself that constitutes the sin, but the fact that God has deemed it forbidden for us to perform. God is never subject to any laws. He is independent. Actually, He is the ONLY independent Being in existence. We are eternally dependent on Him and thus it is in our best interest to follow God's rules.