• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think Crowder devil`s American left wing advocate is good

Lars

Just in this video. Saw it. Was kind of interesting. Do you think its slight exagerration, or would you say its convincing enough?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I think Steven Crowder and Ben Shapiro are both hilarious. Did you know that if you turn down the speed in his Youtube videos, Ben Shapiro talks like a normal person?

But really, one of the things I find most funny about Crowder are the moments when he pretends to be an exceptionally stupid political hack masquerading as a comedian.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I’m not American, so take this with a grain of salt.
All these so called debate bro provocateurs seem like such overly dramatic dishonest grifters.
Like I guess it’s all pageantry.

Unrelated but isn’t that Ben guy the bloke who got absolutely owned by the very conservative BBC journalist Andrew Neil?

I still fail to understand his appeal

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I think Steven Crowder and Ben Shapiro are both hilarious. Did you know that if you turn down the speed in his Youtube videos, Ben Shapiro talks like a normal person?

But really, one of the things I find most funny about Crowder are the moments when he pretends to be an exceptionally stupid political hack masquerading as a comedian.
I swear there’s a video of Crowder where he dresses up as a woman and goes to the gym. And then throws a tantrum for attention because everyone there were just minding their own business and couldn’t care less about his performance.

At first I genuinely thought this guy was just a troll. Shocked to learn he has a show about political commentary

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I swear there’s a video of Crowder where he dresses up as a woman and goes to the gym. And then throws a tantrum for attention because everyone there were just minding their own business and couldn’t care less about his performance.

At first I genuinely thought this guy was just a troll. Shocked to learn he has a show about political commentary
I think these people highlight just how isolated from any semblance of normalcy the conservative political discourse in the US has become. Like a stagnant pond, it's become an ecosystem of its own, completely cut off from the currents of the mainstream. Imagine an ideological camp in such dire shape that people like Crowder count as insightful political commentary, and people like Ben Shapiro are considered the intellectual vanguard of your youth league.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I think these people highlight just how isolated from any semblance of normalcy the conservative political discourse in the US has become. Like a stagnant pond, it's become an ecosystem of its own, completely cut off from the currents of the mainstream. Imagine an ideological camp in such dire shape that people like Crowder count as insightful political commentary, and people like Ben Shapiro are considered the intellectual vanguard of your youth league.
Ben is considered the vanguard of the youth league? Seriously? All he does is talk fast and scare college students by being belligerent. It’s why he couldn’t hack Andrew Neil. At least with Jordan Peterson he had some air of academic clout behind him.

I’m trying to be polite about this, but damn guys.

Though the debate bro culture online is toxic in general, imo.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Not all US right-wingers like Shapiro or Crowder. I don't. I've never even watched a Crowder video, that I recall. Just want to put that out there - some like them and some don't. We don't all agree.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Not all US right-wingers like Shapiro or Crowder. I don't. I've never even watched a Crowder video, that I recall. Just want to put that out there - some like them and some don't. We don't all agree.
I do think folks like Shapiro and Crowder and the like occupy a very niche audience. It’s very much the “zoomer” demographic and the otherwise perpetually online folk. The rest of the conservatives probably don’t know who they are. Just like their lefty counterparts, more than likely.

I only know of them because I’m a perpetually online weirdo.

Friend of Mara

Just in this video. Saw it. Was kind of interesting. Do you think its slight exagerration, or would you say its convincing enough?
Both like to try to debate unprepared or underqualified people and often wuss out when someone who actually knows their stuff they cut and run. I've just seen the both of them slammed so many times its hard to take them seriously.

Erebus

I had to look that up.

Aside from it being cringeworthy, I'm really not sure what point he was trying to make. I'm not sure he knew what point he was trying to make.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I had to look that up.

Aside from it being cringeworthy, I'm really not sure what point he was trying to make. I'm not sure he knew what point he was trying to make.
From what I know about “cold feet” Crowder (and mind you this is from mostly I think “leftist” sources so it could be biased, idk) he’s deeply transphobic and his video was an “op” to try to show how ridiculous trans women were, as in his mind they are on par with just men dressing up as women. Now that you mention it though, the logistics of the whole thing doesn’t quite add up either way. Like all that proved is that people in public are likely to just mind their own business. And even if the gym goers did accost him in any way without provocation, what exactly does that prove?

Erebus

From what I know about “cold feet” Crowder (and mind you this is from mostly I think “leftist” sources so it could be biased, idk) he’s deeply transphobic and his video was an “op” to try to show how ridiculous trans women were, as in his mind they are on par with just men dressing up as women. Now that you mention it though, the logistics of the whole thing doesn’t quite add up either way. Like all that proved is that people in public are likely to just mind their own business. And even if the gym goers did accost him in any way without provocation, what exactly does that prove?

Yeah it was definitely a bit confused, to the point that his rant at the end honestly felt like a non sequitur.

I suppose he successfully demonstrated that you shouldn't slam weights on the floor at the gym. That could be useful information to some people, though I doubt it would make a difference to the weight-slammers of the world.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah it was definitely a bit confused, to the point that his rant at the end honestly felt like a non sequitur.

I suppose he successfully demonstrated that you shouldn't slam weights on the floor at the gym. That could be useful information to some people, though I doubt it would make a difference to the weight-slammers of the world.
Lmao very true